Wayne Rooney (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Errr...yes Wayne!

Wayne Rooney has denied he dived to get Bastian Schweinsteiger sent off during Manchester United's 1-1 draw with Bayern Munich on Tuesday, claiming he could have been badly injured after the German had "gone in with his studs".
The incident occurred in the closing seconds of the Champions League quarter-final, first leg at Old Trafford. Schweinsteiger, who had been booked earlier and scored Bayern's 67th-minute equaliser after Nemanja Vidic's goal, lunged at Rooney and although he appeared to make minimal contact with the striker, the referee, Carlos Velasco Carballo, deemed it a second yellow card offence, so issued the 29-year-old with the red.
An unhappy Schweinsteiger twice spoke to Rooney about the incident before walking off. The Liverpudlian did not want to be drawn on what was voiced. "I don't really want to say what he said but I think it's a foul," Rooney stated. "It could have gone either way. He could have hurt me, he's gone in with his studs and the referee has booked him, so it's not my decision. It's not nice to see anyone sent off and I didn't try to get him sent off. The referee has made a decision. I've tried to stop myself getting hurt and the referee has had a decision to make."
Ref: Guardian sport

PUSB

wingy

Shows how much attention i paid to this .

Can't remember If I had the Game on or SSN or If It was In general news ,but my gneral Interest In the game Is becoming tainted as I saw them emphasise the challenge but did'nt realise the Guy actually got sent off .

Matty_CCFC

Errr...yes Wayne!

Wayne Rooney has denied he dived to get Bastian Schweinsteiger sent off during Manchester United's 1-1 draw with Bayern Munich on Tuesday, claiming he could have been badly injured after the German had "gone in with his studs".
The incident occurred in the closing seconds of the Champions League quarter-final, first leg at Old Trafford. Schweinsteiger, who had been booked earlier and scored Bayern's 67th-minute equaliser after Nemanja Vidic's goal, lunged at Rooney and although he appeared to make minimal contact with the striker, the referee, Carlos Velasco Carballo, deemed it a second yellow card offence, so issued the 29-year-old with the red.
An unhappy Schweinsteiger twice spoke to Rooney about the incident before walking off. The Liverpudlian did not want to be drawn on what was voiced. "I don't really want to say what he said but I think it's a foul," Rooney stated. "It could have gone either way. He could have hurt me, he's gone in with his studs and the referee has booked him, so it's not my decision. It's not nice to see anyone sent off and I didn't try to get him sent off. The referee has made a decision. I've tried to stop myself getting hurt and the referee has had a decision to make."
Ref: Guardian sport

PUSB

What the fuck!
This should not be on this forum

Nick

Administrator
[video=youtube;DQ4Lzk09O_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ4Lzk09O_E[/video]

I wouldn't say straight red.

SlowerThanPlatt

Rooney was fouled. But did he make a meal of it? Of course. When you're fouled, you're fouled and you're allowed to go down.

smileycov

Facebook User
[video=youtube;DQ4Lzk09O_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ4Lzk09O_E[/video]

I wouldn't say straight red.

didnt get a straight red, got 2nd yellow. i think that was correct imo

SkyblueBazza

My issue is the theatrical dive accompanied by throwing back of the head for additional effect...but he didn't try to get him sent-off!? I think he knew exactly what he was doing.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread