WAYNE ROONEY - Is He A Liability (1 Viewer)

This is going to split the Wayne Rooney appreciation society by referring to his latest childish outburst in foolishly kicking out in last Friday's WC international against Montenegro.

WHY does he do it - it's not the first time he has lashed out and by doing so deprives either ManU or England of his services while suffering the inevitable ban(s).

A player of awesome skills is seeing the red mist much too often these days for my liking which runs parallel to his regular profanities on and off the pitch again at times resulting in unneccessary Yellow/Red cards.

Going back in time to those great forwards, Bobby Charlton (799 league/106 internationals and Gary Linekar (466 league/80 internationals), despite hulking great hatchet man aiming to their break limbs or cut them in two not only were never sent off but I believe never even had the equivalent of a yellow card for retaliation.

I thought we were going to see a more controlled/disciplined Wayne Rooney by his own admission - obviously not.

This juvenile behaviour is becoming a constant liability and is seriously going to affect club and country and I find it totally unacceptable.

PUSB

Otis

Wayne Rooney is Wayne Rooney and without that aggression in him wouldn't be the same player.

It comes with the package unfortunately and he'll never change. think we just have to accept it. Wayne Rooney is England's best player by a country mile.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He's like a little school boy who loves the attention! Oh, and has anger management issues IMO! Ive never liked the guy, and never will! Has been a liability in the past and was on Friday. He will also be when we go to the Euro's. Whats the point in taking a player (as he will obviously go as no one, inc Capello has the balls to take a stand) who will miss possibly the first two games of a major tournament?? We're not a 1 man team, and have proven in previous games when he's not been available (usually friendlies ironically (can tell Fergie isnt English) or through suspension) we've not really missed him!

Seems the FA are considering an appeal aswell, depending on the length of the suspension he recieves. This will only make it worse for him, and if they are stupid enough to appeal it, I hope it gets extended further (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7232772,00.html).

Its a bit like CCFC, where if Sheffers has a shite game, fans still adore him and sing that awful song. Rooney gets himself sent off, and id say lost England 2 points in Fridays scenario, yet fans will still suck up to him the next time he wears the shirt!! Its not the first time he's messed up playing on the International stage, yet he still hasnt learnt!

Theres no doubting the guy has talent, but people seem to forget his outbursts towards England fans live on TV, and how much he costs teams at important times! Again, this is probably an attention thing!!

Otis

He has cost points at important times, but has also won important points at times too.

The guy on Friday night first half was impeccable and ran the show.

ajsccfc

If it wasn't Wayne Rooney people wouldn't really care that much.

Every now and then he's going to get himself in trouble, much like every now and then a goalkeeper will fumble an easy claim, a player will miss a penalty, etc.

If it wasn't Wayne Rooney people wouldn't really care that much.

Every now and then he's going to get himself in trouble, much like every now and then a goalkeeper will fumble an easy claim, a player will miss a penalty, etc.
He's a muppet, good player but a muppet. Typical scouser

stevo1987

I am just trying to illustrate in a football related topic as to why such players with enormous talent self combust - Gazza was another one, one reckless tackle on the pitch ruined his career and matters off the park ruined his life.

The same could be said of Kevin Thornton and now Freddie - no one owes them a living

PUSB

steveo1987

Ok jonnie,don't really count with Rooney because of the money he is on unlike Thornton,Eastwood etc.if he drifted out if the game,I don't think he would care

guicey15

Always liked Rooney as a player, often shows complete passion loyalty to his country and puts in 100%. Other days however he can just look bored and uninterested. Yes i think he is a liability as he has shown on a number of occasions that he cannot control his emotions and anger. But thats the risk you take every time you pick Wayne Rooney for a football match. And i think 9 times out of 10 he will deliver moments of genius for the team, but he just sometimes stupidly lashes out.

Disorganised1

Rooney is a liability and typical of the game today where a wonder goaal justifies any behaviour.

If they dropped him the way Frank Worthington and Rod Marsh were dropped maybe other players would learn something. The difference is that Worthington and Marsh were entertainers, as well as rebels. Rooney - just a thug with a good shot.

tippex9

Don't think you can compare with Charlton and Linekar record, they played in a time when cards stayed in the refs pockets. Rooney has 2 reds in nearly 80 caps! Hardly a liability.

sky blue john

Am I in the twighlight zone and Wayne Rooney plays for Cov.

CAN YOU PLEASE MOVE THIS POST INTO THE I DON'T GIVE A SHIT FILE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread