Watford v Coventry City preview (1 Viewer)

Otis

TEAM NEWS

Watford defender Dale Bennett is out after suffering concussion in the game against West Ham last weekend.

Martin Taylor could return to the side after a spell out with a broken toe and striker Britt Assombalonga may play.

Coventry have a number of injury worries with David Bell (groin) and Carl Baker (hamstring) both definitely missing the game.

Winger Gary McSheffrey is struggling with a thigh strain and striker Cody McDonald has a groin injury.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• These clubs have met 75 times in the league since 1926; Watford have won 35 and Coventry 27.

• Coventry have won one and drawn two of their last three matches against the Hornets, and will be trying to keep a third consecutive clean sheet against them.

• Watford have scored two goals in each of their last four matches against the Sky Blues at Vicarage Road, and have found the net in the last 10, losing two of them.

Watford

• The Hornets have picked up seven points out of nine to lie in 15th place, 10 points behind the play-offs, and 16 ahead of the drop zone.

• An unequalled 12 of their 47 points have come from games in which two or more goals were conceded.

• They have kept just two clean sheets in home Championship games. Only Leeds and Peterborough have as few.

Coventry City

• In their 11th consecutive season of second tier football, next-to-bottom Coventry are four points from safety and aiming to avoid relegation to the third level which they last graced in 1964.

• The Sky Blues have registered 1-1 draws in their last two, but have lost the last 10 on the road and remain the only club without an away win in this division, with just three points secured from a possible 51 on their travels.

• Coventry have managed a joint Championship low seven wins all season. Manager Andy Thorn would dearly love an eighth as he enters his second year at the helm.

Hmmm, interestingly enough in that report they have David Bell definitely missing the game, whereas here locally we are saying he is doubtful. Could be the Beeb have just got it wrong.

Otis

Certainly puts it into perspective doesn't it.

Even I didn't realise it was that bad. The stats are there for sure but all the focus has been on us not winning away and losing 10 in a row. 3 points in 51 is just absolutely shocking.

We do deserve to go down in reality don't we.

Last edited:

ccfcway

Coventry will be trying to keep a 3rd clean sheet in a row against the Hornets

:):):):):):):):):)
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm:

FAIL !

Otis

I think if we keep a clean sheet tomorrow we are in with a fair chance of a draw.

Coventry will be trying to keep a 3rd clean sheet in a row against the Hornets

:):):):):):):):):)
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm:

FAIL !

Clean sheets against Watford i took it to mean

Towards the end of last season at home 2-0 (Mcsheffrey & Juke i think, Mcsheffrey's was a good goal in off the far post)

And 0-0 at the start of this season.

Otis

Not as cheap as roasting your testicles over an open fire but slightly less painful.

Brighton Sky Blue

In other news, I hear half time entertainment for the rest of the season will be a 1 v 1 pie-eating contest with Freddie out on the pitch; a 3 year contract at 6k/week is up for grabs to the winner.

skyblueinBaku

In other news, I hear half time entertainment for the rest of the season will be a 1 v 1 pie-eating contest with Freddie out on the pitch; a 3 year contract at 6k/week is up for grabs to the winner.
That means Freddie will be here for another 3 years. :)

Users who are viewing this thread