Watford. I have us down for a win... (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

...in the prediction league. I base this assumption on the fact something has to give, long overdue and frankly a win is now a requirement first and foremost. A mid table team and if ever we are to get an opportunity to make survival possible then we MUST perform here. Is it too much to expect? If it is then why are we bothering!

Otis

I have a funny feeling about this one too.

Unfortunately it is not a ha ha funny feeling. :(

malkitccfc

every time i say we're going to win away from home we get beaten.. i had this feeling at forest too, even at half time that day i said we would win.. but seriously, tomorrows the day!

skybluegod

the problem is they have a nack for scoring 3 goals at home every time so no chance imo and im normally the one who says have faith but not this one im afraid.

Otis

every time i say we're going to win away from home we get beaten.. i had this feeling at forest too, even at half time that day i said we would win.. but seriously, tomorrows the day!

I said we would win at Brighton. And Peterborough. By the time it got to Forest i firmly predicted a Forest win even though they were on the most awful of poor runs.

10 straight away defeats and worst of all, last 3 away games we have scored nil, nil and ...... nil, hardly even creating a chance let alone looking like scoring.

Yep, I'm full of optimisim. :(

hemelsky

I live near Watford and have seen them a few times this season. It seems to me that on their day they are a good team but occasionally they are very, very poor - we need to hope that tomorrow is one of those days;)

torchomatic

We can't lose EVERY game away for EVER, so we're going to win or draw sooner or later. Let's hope it's sooner.

Otis

We can't lose EVERY game away for EVER, so we're going to win or draw sooner or later. Let's hope it's sooner.

No, but we can lose every away game this season.

torchomatic

Otis

Just thinking it is now mental as much as anything else.

Think a new season with a fresh approach and clean slate would do the trick. Just think this season we have a defeatist attitude mentally away from home. Think the only way we will win will be through a huge slice of luck.

Otis

Tend to agree.

Instead of a win I am more thinking one of these days we are going to get truly trounced. Especially now we are in must win territory and have to take a few more risks going forwards. Think we will find ourselves more exposed at the back.

We try and just stay cautious and once again we can expect a 1 nil or 2 nil defeat.

We have to attack but that could bite us on the bum.

standupforcity

Draw might be okay if results go our way elsewhere.

I would accept that.

I keep thinking 'every team has a purple patch'...time for ours I reckon. At the start of the season I thought it was ok to lose a few games and get off to a bad start...unusual for us I thought...maybe we'll have a good end to the season instead for a change...a good result tomorrow would give us hope I reckon ...

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think we'll lose, but..........

KeepCalmSmash.jpg

J

Jack Griffin

...............................Pld W D L F A GD GFA GAA PpG Pts Rank
Watford last 5 Home 5 3 0 2 9 10 -1 1.80 2.00 1.80 9 6

Hmmmm.. not good & you all know how our away form is..

SonofErnie

...............................Pld W D L F A GD GFA GAA PpG Pts Rank
Watford last 5 Home 5 3 0 2 9 10 -1 1.80 2.00 1.80 9 6

Hmmmm.. not good & you all know how our away form is..

Doesn't seem that frightening to me. It suggests their home form is mixed and they concede as many as they score. We're not talking Barcelona for goodness sake !

I obviously hope we win for the 3 points, but I always really hope to beat Watford to shut a Watford fan up at work, plus he is a really bad loser so gloating if we win will be an added bonus.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
surely if we keep saying we will win away then law of averages means we should at least fluke one win and be right ............. surely!

We need 3 points but like Otis i would settle for a point just to break this dismal run

nicksig

Have been to Watford a few times and have never seen us play well there. I can't see us winning unfortunately and would take a draw. I expect us to go down 3-1

Otis

You may be right.

Whichever way you look at it it doesn't look too bright does it!

And whatever anyone says we are not that bad a team.

skyblueinBaku

Two of my workmates are Watford supporters. They don't feel very confident about the match. Perhaps tomorrow we will break our duck!

No, maybe not.......................

Users who are viewing this thread