watching the half time warm ups on saturday... (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

how bloody talented is lameires?

the guy controls everything and i mean everything perfectly! at one point he purposely stopped the ball dead with his behind! and his passing was going to Haynes every time, be it side foot,outside of foot ,volley,half volley,chip,rabonna etc

haynes on other hand was making ruben move quite a bit lol

i wonder why its not happening for him in first team anymore? consistency the issue? or lack of pace? hopefully he has a few memorable moments in store for us before may

torchomatic

Yeah I noticed that. His control is unbelievable. I think he's unlucky not to be in the side ahead of Murphy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ClarkeZ

Murphy is (and Kent was) the reason.

Ive been saying for weeks and weeks he should be given another chance. Murphy isn't making anything happen so mix it up and give the lad a go.
Start him down either wing but maybe give him the freedom to roll in and out with Maddison and let them be creative! It worked early in the season, after our recent dry spell up top its seriously worth a go.

Skyblueweeman

He started against Burton but wasn't given much of the ball from the RB, CBs or CMs. Think he was brought off early in the 2nd half.

I like him.

covcity4life

yeah i think murphy is in most fans strongest 11 so when hes out we blame that for a loss and hope hes picked again next match,but fact is he hasnt performed in 2016 so prob needs dropping on merit rather than a rest

saying that he can always produce some magic so understand why he is picked alot

hopefully ruben will get a chance to start again soon, then its up to him to take it

ajsccfc

I was watching him and thinking the same, he was right down the front of our stand just casually controlling long passes with the outside of his foot like it was nothing. Obviously it's easier done when just knocking a ball about, but it was still enough to make me hate him for not at least spooning one miles away like I would.

Otis

I think though that teams are countering him by kicking lumps out of him and muscling him off the ball.

Because Murphy has pace, he can waltz past players.

Maybe League One is just not for him. I'm more than happy though for him to be given another chance.

covcity4life

I was watching him and thinking the same, he was right down the front of our stand just casually controlling long passes with the outside of his foot like it was nothing. Obviously it's easier done when just knocking a ball about, but it was still enough to make me hate him for not at least spooning one miles away like I would.

i was right at front of block 18. you?

wonder if you were the fat old man i was using to keep me warm...

malkitccfc

I'm in the middle of 15/16 so spent my half time watching Haynes pass him the ball whilst he did some skills I could only dream of doing. Also, that open goal shot thing we do at half time, the guy was fairly close to scoring from the half way line to win the box. Unlucky

Otis

I'm in the middle of 15/16 so spent my half time watching Haynes pass him the ball whilst he did some skills I could only dream of doing. Also, that open goal shot thing we do at half time, the guy was fairly close to scoring from the half way line to win the box. Unlucky
Not really. You do realise that was actually Maradona don't you!

He was looking for the pie kiosk and wandered on to the pitch by mistake.

bringbackrattles

Not really. You do realise that was actually Maradona don't you!

He was looking for the pie kiosk and wandered on to the pitch by mistake.
Bloody hell the half time kick about sounded more exciting than the whole of the game,I'll leave the pint alone in future and stay in my seat !

ptr

He doesn't have the pace or strength to be a winger, but has the vision to be an attacking midfielder. A position where he doesn't have to defend as much and has the freedom to play.

ClarkeZ

If Rose and JOB/Hunt played more as Left/Right mids, rather than forward wingers, could you play Fleck or Vince as a lone holding mid, then pair Ruben with Maddison as a creative duo more centrally behind Armstrong...? Out on a limb here.

----------------Burge/RCC

Lorentzon Ricketts Ramage Stokes

------------------Fleck
Rose--------------------------JOB/Hunt

---------Maddison----Lameiras

--------------Armstrong

Imissandywhing

Highly talented player, you may be right about league one. Seems to ride all challenges though and gets on with it. He keep learning though i'm sure.
I think though that teams are countering him by kicking lumps out of him and muscling him off the ball.

Because Murphy has pace, he can waltz past players.

Maybe League One is just not for him. I'm more than happy though for him to be given another chance.

Users who are viewing this thread