Wasps "very confident" in Ricoh Arena business (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Wonder what the revenue will be for the Leinster game next weekend.....

Significantly less than they would get at Wycombe given the amount of frees they have already given and the fact the handful who actually are stupid enough to pay will be paying a lot less than they would there.

lifelongcityfan

Significantly less than they would get at Wycombe given the amount of frees they have already given and the fact the handful who actually are stupid enough to pay will be paying a lot less than they would there.
you really are a prat...even if it is free to get in they will be spending at the bars etc.The Revenue potential at wycombe is far less than the Ricoh...surely even you can see that !!!

stupot07

you really are a prat...even if it is free to get in they will be spending at the bars etc.The Revenue potential at wycombe is far less than the Ricoh...surely even you can see that !!!

That's if they can get served......then compass needs to take its cut first.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

Wonder what the revenue will be for the Leinster game next weekend.....

Millions according to Lucas who seems to have a broken calculator. Who gives a shit anyway neither the city or the cities football club or rugby club are going to benefit. If a million people turn up for the game it would in no way validate franchising a club from London to Coventry.

Thenose

Millions according to Lucas who seems to have a broken calculator. Who gives a shit anyway neither the city or the cities football club or rugby club are going to benefit. If a million people turn up for the game it would in no way validate franchising a club from London to Coventry.

How about being happy that our landlord will have funds to invest back into the ground.

The new pitch in the summer will be fantastic and guess what it wont cost us a penny...

Apparently food and drink sales per customer are twice as high at a Rugby match, so with the complaints so far it will mean further investment in the bars and food concessions. More real ale instead of carp lager, fantastic.

Ashdown

How about being happy that our landlord will have funds to invest back into the ground.

The new pitch in the summer will be fantastic and guess what it wont cost us a penny...

Apparently food and drink sales per customer are twice as high at a Rugby match, so with the complaints so far it will mean further investment in the bars and food concessions. More real ale instead of carp lager, fantastic.

That would be because the bars are open for a lot longer perhaps ?

Grendel

Want funds? Their balance sheet showed £13 million negative funding and that was before this deal.

Compass share in the food revenue and if we believe the council the profit is 10%

Nick

Administrator

Serious question, as a Wasps fan why have you signed up on a CCFC forum?

Thenose

How about being both. I was a season ticket holder years ago before I moved away from the area. Came back,never got a season ticket but been to about 30% of home games in the last few years. I have however always been a Rugby fan, spent many a happy time at Tigers, Saints, Rugby, Cov and Worcester. Now I have a premiership side on my doorstep, I'm happy.

It is possible to be a fan of both codes. I also like cricket but tend to follow Northanmptonshire, is that OK with you?

chiefdave

Won't cost us a penny, have Wasps said we can stop paying rent?

All the food kiosks could have Michelin stars for all I care. I can manage to go 2 hours in the afternoon without eating and what is available to eat an drink is way down my list of priorities.

stupot07

Won't cost us a penny, have Wasps said we can stop paying rent?

And matchday costs which have 'wear and tear'/maintance costs factored into them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Just nip to the bar during an injury. They actually stop the clock.

Funny that, there were a fair few complaints on their message board about lack of service and the time it take to get served. They weren't impressed.

http://m.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s96.htm?98,15052847

http://m.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s96.htm?98,15046062

Perhaps proper rugby fans aren't as used to queuing as football fans....

Ashdown

That's just the appalling plebs that generally work for Compass on zero hours contracts. They have always been on a go slow plus the overpriced crap they serve is awful. Much better down at the BPA where at least the produce is good and you know that the profits help the club !

Moff

Just nip to the bar during an injury. They actually stop the clock.

I will think you will find for the majority of injuries they dont, the trainer comes on and play continues.

Pity you seem to have picked such a team of f*cking wimps that fall over injured more times than Diego Costa. Sad that.

martcov

Sad fact is.... Wasps attract more fans, increase turnover and look like achieving sporting success. Slag all you want. The obvious question is " why couldn't we have done this?". Don't bother blaming the council, Higgs, Richardson, Strachan, Coleman, the weather and so on.. The question should be asked of the stewards of the club. They are in charge.

italiahorse

I will think you will find for the majority of injuries they dont, the trainer comes on and play continues.

Pity you seem to have picked such a team of f*cking wimps that fall over injured more times than Diego Costa. Sad that.

Thats the game. I'm an expert now.

wingy

Did you see that Toulon wuss go down holding his face today,what a sound performance from Bath

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sad fact is.... Wasps attract more fans, increase turnover and look like achieving sporting success. Slag all you want. The obvious question is " why couldn't we have done this?". Don't bother blaming the council, Higgs, Richardson, Strachan, Coleman, the weather and so on.. The question should be asked of the stewards of the club. They are in charge.
Attract more fans based on two games?

Moff

Did you see that Toulon wuss go down holding his face today,what a sound performance from Bath

Sorry Wingy I missed the game, but a great performance from Bath.

You have to laugh at football players when you compare that both Sam Burgess in Union, and Sean Edwards in his Rugby League career, both played almost full games with broken cheek bones, whilst the average football player would have rolled around on the floor for ten minutes, expected a standing ovation from the crowd as they were stretchered off, and would spend ten weeks on the sidlines doing bugger all whilst acting like the worst wounded soldier of all time....well at least Diego Costa would ;)

Moff

Perhaps we should uproot our club to another town perhasp one without a league club like the MK dons did, to see if we get an upturn in fans, just to see if we can match the London shits.:facepalm:

Lets see how good their attendances are over the next couple of years shall we before crowing about how good they are.

wingy

All those poor people losing their jobs.....

With respect Stu I think the Idea Is to give those there -possibly more further work to do

stupot07

With respect Stu I think the Idea Is to give those there -possibly more further work to do

But not the ones being ejected ;)

And i said it tongue in cheek.

wingy

But not the ones being ejected ;)

And i said it tongue in cheek.

Yeah I knew you were bantering
First of a few changes I'd wager
Would'nt be surprised If they appointed someone to bring more music related business I,, both In the bowl and certainly the Jag Hall

Last edited:

covmark

Bloody hell Simon, look what you've started, another Wasps love in, where we have the usual franchise loving cretins rearing their ugly heads.

wingy

Bloody hell Simon, look what you've started, another Wasps love in, where we have the usual franchise loving cretins rearing their ugly heads.
Love In or objective Interest
Anyway who says I'm ugly
Although one particular workmate calls me Steven Hawking

Users who are viewing this thread