Wasps Press Release regarding Pitch and Signing (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

'Hybrid pitch'.............I thought that is what was originally installed anyway ? Perhaps the new one will contain more synthetic material than grass?

italiahorse

I'm glad to see they are talking to CCFC and the talks are positive.

We need items like this to give us some hope for the future.
Hopefully SISU/CCFC can issue a positive statement as well, perhaps committing the club to the stadium in the long term.
Once we are on board we can start to make it feel like a joint stadium rather than just Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
I'm glad to see they are talking to CCFC and the talks are positive.

We need items like this to give us some hope for the future.
Hopefully SISU/CCFC can issue a positive statement as well, perhaps committing the club to the stadium in the long term.
Once we are on board we can start to make it feel like a joint stadium rather than just Wasps.
If we are staying then I hope we do, surely it's not hard to have things change in the concourse etc depending on matchdays

edgy

The pitch will look stupid with all the rugby markings on it as well as the football ones. Something like Wigans. Just looks wrong.

Nick

Administrator
Didnt SISU pay for northampton at sixfields to have a new pitch and we only rented that ?:thinking about:
Wasn't that compensation for leaving before the end of the season? If ccfc need to pay then I assume the women, wba and Leicester will all be chipping in ;)

There was no mention of ccfc being charged in the article so we can only say fair play to the landlords for sorting it :)

italiahorse

If we are staying then I hope we do, surely it's not hard to have things change in the concourse etc depending on matchdays

There's enough room to fill it with both.
Just need some commitment from Sisu to make it happen.

Is it just me that hopes they say they have dropped ideas of a new stadium and that they can make this work?

shy_tall_knight

Whilst I won't be attending any WASPS games (subject to Munster & Leinster playing) and I fear their purchase of the Ricoh could kill off CCFC, it is refreshing to see a club owner who has positive news talks, about things related to the sport ie the pitch and will actually be implemented rather than court cases, fantasy stadiums etc.. CCFC's current silence is deafening - may be they run out of bull$hit to say.

stupot07

Is it just me that hopes they say they have dropped ideas of a new stadium and that they can make this work?

The only way I can see it working is if they sell half of ACL to the club, which isn't going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

italiahorse

Whilst I won't be attending any WASPS games (subject to Munster & Leinster playing) and I fear their purchase of the Ricoh could kill off CCFC, it is refreshing to see a club owner who has positive news talks, about things related to the sport ie the pitch and will actually be implemented rather than court cases, fantasy stadiums etc.. CCFC's current silence is deafening - may be they run out of bull$hit to say.

At least they are talking so lets hope for a positive statement soon involving dropping the new stadium and JR appeal.

italiahorse

The only way I can see it working is if they sell half of ACL to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Agree, but as that is not going to happen, so it needs to be assess to a fair share of football related incomes.
It's in Wasps interest to realise this for the future of both. We need a win win situation or both will fail.

stupot07

Agree, but as that is not going to happen, so it needs to be assess to a fair share of football related incomes.
It's in Wasps interest to realise this for the future of both. We need a win win situation or both will fail.

They're not going to give us a fair share of the football related income. They will likely give it with one hand (revenue) whilst taking it with the other (rent) What's a fair share anyway? And what about non football related - e.g them setting stadium naming rights, stand sponsorship etc. We would be adding to that branding.

italiahorse

They're not going to give us a fair share of the football related income. They will likely give it with one hand (revenue) whilst taking it with the other (rent) What's a fair share anyway? And what about non football related - e.g them setting stadium naming rights, stand sponsorship etc. We would be adding to that branding.

Lets live in hope.
IMHO both will fail if the other one is not there.

CCFC were failing there and Wasps will do the same on there own.
This is Wasps opportunity to realise that and get SISU/CCFC on board.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would if I thought it could work well for the club, I don't believe it can though.

http://www.wasps.co.uk/news/article/2014/11/27/ricoh-arena---pitch-improvements

Good on them in my opinion. I doubt very much that anyone from Joy's ivory tower shall be making a contribution however!

Sisu already pay the rent and as long as they keep doing that then that is all that is required.

I thought the words on the Wasps Web site were very positive. Fair play to them they are at least being conciliatory and considerate towards us CCFC fans. (Wonder when Joy and Tim will?)

pusbccfc

They have that hybrid pitch at Arsenal.

Bill Glazier

No hint of them buying CCFC unfortunately. It was also galling to see the Ricoh described as a 'magnificent stadium', which it is. I still cannot understand anything about SISU, the stadium could have been theirs for the same piddling price Wasps paid if they'd not behaved like half house-trained polecats. Are they just stupid? Please explain someone the logic behind anything they have done.

stupot07

Or the Other way is the Owner of ACL takes 100% ownership of CCFC.

As I've said before, I can't see that working either. Both clubs are loss making businesses, and ACL won't make enough to sustain both without the owner putting his hand in his pocket annually. Too many risks, and not enough reward.

Covstu

Its amazing how some 'positive' words have everyone all optimistic isnt it? We will always play 2nd fiddle to Wasps on every decision on the ground, even the comment around signage (we will display CCFC with Wasps....where we can') is clearly saying something.

Sorry I am still expecting this nightmare to end but sadly this is reality. They will consult with CCFC about changes but lets face it we will have little to no say in any decisions. This is no longer our home and I am not sure i would be able to go back when the seats change, it just wouldnt be the same.

No hint of them buying CCFC unfortunately. It was also galling to see the Ricoh described as a 'magnificent stadium', which it is. I still cannot understand anything about SISU, the stadium could have been theirs for the same piddling price Wasps paid if they'd not behaved like half house-trained polecats. Are they just stupid? Please explain someone the logic behind anything they have done.

Ok Bill let me start to explain SISU's logic.

( )

Ok that's me finished.

Nick

Administrator
Sisu already pay the rent and as long as they keep doing that then that is all that is required.

I thought the words on the Wasps Web site were very positive. Fair play to them they are at least being conciliatory and considerate towards us CCFC fans. (Wonder when Joy and Tim will?)
I agree, anything they do that could help the team whether or is a new pitch etc is fulfilling their role as a decent land Lord so you can't knock that.

Users who are viewing this thread