Wasps "fans" (2 Viewers)

ccfc92

Yesterday, I saw in total around 5 or 6 Wasps merchandise/jackets being worn by people on the way to the Ricoh or inside.

I just don't understand people wearing Wasps clothing to Coventry City games?

I assume as its a different sport, it can't be stopped by the stewards? You couldn't wear an opposing football teams top in the home end?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yesterday, I saw in total around 5 or 6 Wasps merchandise/jackets being worn by people on the way to the Ricoh or inside.

I assume as its a different sport, it can't be stopped by the stewards? You couldn't wear an opposing football teams top in the home end?

I’ve worn my Coventry Rugby woolly hat many times to CCFC games, should that be stopped? Genuine question I’m no fan of Wasps but it becomes a very grey area, I’ve seen people wear Yankees caps & Red Sox jackets in recent visits to the Ricoh do we stop that?

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I’ve worn my Coventry Rugby woolly hat many times to CCFC games, should that be stopped? Genuine question I’m no fan of Wasps but it becomes a very grey area, I’ve seen people wear Yankees caps & Red Sox jackets in recent visits to the Ricoh do we stop that?

Presumably not to any of those as there's no history of friction between CCFC and the Yankees. Personally I don't think Wasps clothing should be banned at games but I'd certainly expect to receive some verbals/stares if I were wearing it at a CCFC game.

ccfc92

But Coventry Rugby have not contributed to the demise of our Club. If anything, I wish Coventrians put more effort into watching CRC than Wasps if they follow rugby as well as football.

I appreciate its a grey area, I've seen England, Dublin tops etc but I just can't comprehend wearing Wasps clothing to CCFC games?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

But Coventry Rugby have not contributed to the demise of our Club. If anything, I wish Coventrians put more effort into watching CRC than Wasps if they follow rugby as well as football.

I appreciate its a grey area, I've seen England, Dublin tops etc but I just can't comprehend wearing Wasps clothing to CCFC games?

Agree it’s odd considering all that is going on & if I lost my mind and started supporting the franchise I wouldn’t wear their stuff for a CCFC game, but can’t see how it can be policed!

ccfc92

Agree it’s odd considering all that is going on & if I lost my mind and started supporting the franchise I wouldn’t wear their stuff for a CCFC game, but can’t see it can be policed!

That's what I thought, in theory they can't police it. Different sport etc.

It's just disheartening and saddening that they have been accepted in Coventry and to really rub it in, people wearing their tops to our games.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

That's what I thought, in theory they can't police it. Different sport etc.

It's just disheartening and saddening that they have been accepted in Coventry and to really rub it in, people wearing their tops to our games.

I suppose the other possibility is that they genuinely support both and are trying to show solidarity across fans of both clubs? Pretty misguided if so but I doubt they're deliberately on a wind up, how bored would you have to be for that considering the weather on Saturday!

Grendel

The biggest shock is you actually attended a game

Covstu

People watch both! Shock horror! More to worry about than causing an issue with 4 people

letsallsingtogether

So should they also ban people wearing CCFC tops to the Wasps games?

chiefdave

Are you sure it was spectators and not ground staff, stewards or someone else there in an official capacity. I've only ever seen one person in Wasps merchandise in Coventry and never anyone in the Ricoh.

Certainly don't think it should be banned but they should definitely get some stick from other fans.

ccfc92

Are you sure it was spectators and not ground staff, stewards or someone else there in an official capacity. I've only ever seen one person in Wasps merchandise in Coventry and never anyone in the Ricoh.

Certainly don't think it should be banned but they should definitely get some stick from other fans.

Yeah 100% definitely not a steward etc. Official, obviously I don't know for sure, but I saw a few yesterday, mainly in the concourse at half time in different areas.

letsallsingtogether

Yes the young steward at one of the smoking gates had a yellow wasps security top on. Had to look twice as he didn't look like a steward to begin with.

pusbccfc

I still can't believe there are Coventry fans, born and bred in the city, who jumped on the bandwagon to support a club who are a franchise from London.

pastythegreat

If it is liable to cause trouble then maybe there should be a rule on it!
Coventry Rugby fans at a CCFC match aren't likely to cause offence, same as somebody wearing a Yankees baseball cap.
Somebody wearing a w***s shirt though could cause friction. Like the OP says, you wouldn't be allowed in if you were wearing another football teams colours.
Not so much at the Ricoh, but could you imagine, the local away days where the coke sniffers come out en mass. Walsall away or MK Dons and somebody turns up wearing a w***s jacket?!?!

Using your same argument! Should pro SISU clothing be banned or are you OK if I wear my "Tim Fisher is a real life Jesus" T-shirt?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Dazmataz

I remember seeing a bloke in a Wasps hat in with the away support at Northampton away a couple of years ago. Misguided to say the least especially considering the atmosphere round the club at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread