Was thinking of getting one of those draught home beer kegs (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Anyone got one, and would you recommend it?

CovInEssex

Been at a gathering with one, it was a surprisingly nice pint and cold.

I don't tend to drink in my own home though so haven't looked any further.

Glad to help

fellatio_Martinez

Anyone got one, and would you recommend it?

Do you mean the one use kegs that cost about £17 some supermarkets sell?

I've tried a few. The Heineken version is really good and keeps fresh for a few weeks plus it has a nozzle and a tap so it feels like you're pouring a proper pint.

There's a Samuel Adams and Budvar keg I've tried but they have an awkward tap and they go flat very quickly.

I hope that's what you were referring to, if not please allow this information to leave your mind.

Sky_Blue_Daz

No I meant the sub draught system by beerwulf or Krups to be honest I don’t think it’s worth it

fellatio_Martinez

No I meant the sub draught system by beerwulf or Krups to be honest I don’t think it’s worth it

Oh yeah. I've looked into them before.

It works out about 60p a pint after the initial cost for the system doesn't it? Refrigerating the kegs put me off a bit but I'd like one, just not sure I could be bothered with ordering stuff in.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Oh yeah. I've looked into them before.

It works out about 60p a pint after the initial cost for the system doesn't it? Refrigerating the kegs put me off a bit but I'd like one, just not sure I could be bothered with ordering stuff in.
Yes it’s seems like a bit of a faff , particularly when you can pick up a case of beer for £15

Si80

Mate at work has one (bought for him). I think once the novelty of the first keg wore off he now finds it a bit of a pain in the arse. Has to pre-chill the subs as otherwise it takes a while for the machine to do it. And he's lost as much beer as he's drank from them being a bit lively when pouring.
It's more like £2-3 a pint I think. 3 pints per £9 sub.

Covkid1968#

I’ve got one and use it all the time. Currently got a desperados keg on it. It’s probably me but then run out really quickly!!

but so much better than a chilled can and it is just like a pint from the pub. You do have to put one on the night before... it’s not instantly cold

Users who are viewing this thread