Warwickshire CCC 2019 Thread (2 Viewers)

tisza

Rhodes is holding it together scores not far apart, but as a group they are not posting big enough first innings scores I expected a lot of over 450
Usually not a stable foundation. Rhodes showing promise but don't like Sibley as an opener. Too often only one batsman turns up.
Seriously look at Div1 & 2 batting bonus pts so far this season - it's laughable espec. Div 2.
Only one side averaging 3 bps with 5 on offer per match
Aside from that need to capitalize on Kent's surprise defeat.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just woke up to see Bell walking off, we need an opener Sibley isn’t the answer

Agree, short term they’ve got give Umeed a final go or if they want to risk it Pollock but going by how he does in the 2nds he’s often 50 off 30 and out which I would take or out for under 5 as he’s throwing the bat not sure that’s the answer.

Shame Lamb doesn’t open as he’s had a good season.

SkyBlueSoul

See the hat trick Jordan Clark took for Lancs- Joe Root, Kane Williamson & Jonny Bairstow 2,3 & 16 in the world at the minute, must be one of the greatest hatricks of all time?
I was gutted, toyed with the idea of going to watch Day 1 but decided I'd give it a miss and do some jobs round the house. Missed that hat-trick and 19 wickets going down, would have been a great use of £10 and a Sunday

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I was gutted, toyed with the idea of going to watch Day 1 but decided I'd give it a miss and do some jobs round the house. Missed that hat-trick and 19 wickets going down, would have been a great use of £10 and a Sunday

Good value that!

Yorkshire won easy in the end, Root taking a bizzare 4-5. Poysden only bowled 7 overs taking 1 wicket so not much to take from that for him, guess they might have him back for another look

SkyBlueSoul

Good value that!

Yorkshire won easy in the end, Root taking a bizzare 4-5. Poysden only bowled 7 overs taking 1 wicket so not much to take from that for him, guess they might have him back for another look
It's only a fiver if you get a lunchtime admission ticket too. Shows me I should go with my instincts and just get a ticket in the future, sadly I put it down to still being on a hype after the T20 on Friday so resisted. Luckily they do a live stream with the Radio Lancashire commentary so I caught a lot of it on there.

It was all looking good with the Yorkies out for 192 but replying with 109 was horrific. Poysden went for 37 of those overs too so not the best figures. I want to say it's not been great spinning conditions with it being overcast and humid up here but Root put paid to that!

I'm back in Coventry mid-August so I might try and make it to Edgbaston for Bears v Lightning on the 15th.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I will have to stick it on I’ve got the key moments highlights on.

Ball doesn’t seem to be getting up at all, just working it for boundaries to 3rd man, don’t get why they’re not putting a fielder there to cut it off!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Hain gone
90 odd required this game is done! Proper tail now! Even Jeets has stopped chipping in with the bat over the last year or so!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Latest on Brookes “excellent young pace bowler, Henry Brookes, also has a stress reaction in his back - hopefully nothing too serious but he faces a prolonged period of rest."

Terry Gibson's perm

Latest on Brookes “excellent young pace bowler, Henry Brookes, also has a stress reaction in his back - hopefully nothing too serious but he faces a prolonged period of rest."

Terrible news a couple of weeks with England and this happens there must be something wrong at the ecb as it happens a lot

tisza

Terrible news a couple of weeks with England and this happens there must be something wrong at the ecb as it happens a lot
something has to be wrong with the preparation of quicks in general - not just here Australia had a lot of the same problems. Possibly similar to football when the continuing shift towards almost body builder physiques seems to have increased the number of muscular-related injuries. It's like the over muscular development means bodies are too taut and have no natural padding/insulation -try and pull a string too tight and it will break in the end.
they don't bowl a fraction of the overs quicks used to and yet always breaking down.
you can almost field an XI of English Test quicks that have had shortened careers over last 10 years .

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

something has to be wrong with the preparation of quicks in general - not just here Australia had a lot of the same problems. Possibly similar to football when the continuing shift towards almost body builder physiques seems to have increased the number of muscular-related injuries. It's like the over muscular development means bodies are too taut and have no natural padding/insulation -try and pull a string too tight and it will break in the end.
they don't bowl a fraction of the overs quicks used to and yet always breaking down.
you can almost field an XI of English Test quicks that have had shortened careers over last 10 years .

Tremlett was another he literally turned into a body builder and just started picking up injuries!

tisza

Tremlett was another he literally turned into a body builder and just started picking up injuries!
bit of a stretch but the great West Indies side had that conveyor belt of astonishing quicks and from memory all of them were natural athletes rather than manufactured in a gym. Again bowled a lot more overs than the current lot do. They'd have their Test series and most of them a full county season as well.
Maybe greater stamina work over weightlifting would be more useful. These guys aren't bowling significantly quicker than their predecessors. Know exactly what Bob Willis would have told anyone he had to start pumping iron.
Rugby's another one when they seem to spend more time in the gym than on the training pitch. Then wonder why players get injured when they are hit at pace by 18st of muscle. 3/4s now are bigger than the old forwards used to be!!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

bit of a stretch but the great West Indies side had that conveyor belt of astonishing quicks and from memory all of them were natural athletes rather than manufactured in a gym. Again bowled a lot more overs than the current lot do. They'd have their Test series and most of them a full county season as well.
Maybe greater stamina work over weightlifting would be more useful. These guys aren't bowling significantly quicker than their predecessors. Know exactly what Bob Willis would have told anyone he had to start pumping iron.
Rugby's another one when they seem to spend more time in the gym than on the training pitch. Then wonder why players get injured when they are hit at pace by 18st of muscle. 3/4s now are bigger than the old forwards used to be!!

It is bizarre you do wonder if image and BMI are looked into too much, in terms of pressure on players to be slim etc I’m sure it does decrease the risk of injuries etc not saying be the size of Mark Cosgrove but allow players to be comfortable, looks at the shape of Darren Stevens 42 and in the form of his life!

tisza

Just seems to be a correlation between the increasing number of fitness /conditioning / strength coaches a professional sports team employs and an increase in number of injuries.
Also noticeable how many of these injuries happen outside match situations.

Terry Gibson's perm

Henry Brookes our for the rest of the season with a stress fracture of the lumber spine thanks ecbs bowling coaches

chiefdave

Henry Brookes our for the rest of the season with a stress fracture of the lumber spine thanks ecbs bowling coaches
Great. That's not a great injury to pick up at any time but not good news at all at his age.

Bears are on Sky tonight in the T20 at Headingly if the rain holds off.

Users who are viewing this thread