Warwickshire CCC 2019 Thread (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

I see that Ethan Henry’s younger brother got a few wickets in the second 11

Terry Gibson's perm

I see Henry Brookes was asked to train with England odi squad today, definitely on the radar it seems.....

That’s a worry they have turned the rest to shit so what will they do to him.

There seem to be a few useful youngsters coming through the lad at Worcester and all of them letting the Currans take the headlines

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

That’s a worry they have turned the rest to shit so what will they do to him.

There seem to be a few useful youngsters coming through the lad at Worcester and all of them letting the Currans take the headlines

It’s almost like they play for Surrey......

Thing is Steven Finn was recently interviewed (Finn at 20/21 was our next McGrath 90mph bounce, quickest to 50 Test wickets etc) then England messed with his action he pointed more to the ‘county grind’ ie up and down the country, hotels, driving, bowling on flat decks, just constant results in a lot of young players losing pace and confidence, that’s why Sky lot are keen on getting Brookes into the international set up ASAP so his workload is looked after and he’s let go whilst confidence is high.

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s almost like they play for Surrey......

Thing is Steven Finn was recently interviewed (Finn at 20/21 was our next McGrath 90mph bounce, quickest to 50 Test wickets etc) then England messed with his action he pointed more to the ‘county grind’ ie up and down the country, hotels, driving, bowling on flat decks, just constant results in a lot of young players losing pace and confidence, that’s why Sky lot are keen on getting Brookes into the international set up ASAP so his workload is looked after and he’s let go whilst confidence is high.

I think the ecb will already be controlling Brookes workload and I can’t imagine Warwickshire over bowling him. With Finn that is the same old excuse he chooses to play at Middlesex so 50% of the time he plays at lords maybe he should speak to the grounds man and ask him to produce better wickets, he won’t speak against the ecb but they wrecked him as a bowler by too much tinkering.

The worry with Brookes is that if they get their hands on him he maybe under bowled like Anderson and broad so they always look undercooked at the start of a series

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Poysden has joint Yorkshire on a one game loan v Lancs for the Roses championship game very buzzard, they’re in the market for a spinner at the minute and especially with Rashid playing white ball only he might get a few games......

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Edgbaston has the 1st ashes test next year starting Thursday August 1st.

But gutted as priority to members (first ashes series I haven’t/don’t know anyone with a membership)
Then priority to anyone with tickets for India test this summer which I’m not going to!

Can’t see many making general sale for days 2 or 3!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not good news but Henry Brookes has a back injury, the extent isn’t been revealed but at 18 it isn’t good news!

Woakes back for the red ball game at Lords tomorrow.

Terry Gibson's perm

Bears are all over Middlesex 70 for 6 with super OHD in the wickets, Morgan and malan both out for little

Terry Gibson's perm

236 all out the bears need to go big now and post over 450 and apply the pressure

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

A couple of late wickets 4 down at the close 84 behind.

Pretty even day in the end, need to get as near to a 100 run lead as possible!

Terry Gibson's perm

The batting at county level is not good the scores being posted are way below what should be it is very rare to see any player get over 150

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The batting at county level is not good the scores being posted are way below what should be it is very rare to see any player get over 150

See the hat trick Jordan Clark took for Lancs- Joe Root, Kane Williamson & Jonny Bairstow 2,3 & 16 in the world at the minute, must be one of the greatest hatricks of all time?

All the England current test players pretty much failed today.

Terry Gibson's perm

See the hat trick Jordan Clark took for Lancs- Joe Root, Kane Williamson & Jonny Bairstow 2,3 & 16 in the world at the minute, must be one of the greatest hatricks of all time?

All the England current test players pretty much failed today.

That’s some hatrick I haven’t seen it yet but I guess there is at least one loose shot in there

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Root and Williamson LBW
Bairstow played a bit loose to a full one looking to drive and was caught somewhere in the cordon (couldn’t see on the fixed cam)

Terry Gibson's perm

Yeah was an ‘arrogant’ shot almost as if Bairstow thought he’s not going to get a hat trick so I’ll just slap him for 4, in a test you’d be raging!

Funny old game there Yorks with Warwickshire’s Josh Poysden playing for them somehow lead after first inns by nearly 100!

Poysden got 20 odd one of the top scorers the loan system is bizarre I can see why you loan for the rest of the season and sign but one game!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Poysden got 20 odd one of the top scorers the loan system is bizarre I can see why you loan for the rest of the season and sign but one game!

They’ll just do it on a game by game basis I guess! This is the only champ game for a while the last 4/5 games are in September hopefully it stays dry so there is a need for 2 spinners as I do think he’s useful.

Annoying the best spinner in the country is on Yorkshire’s books yet won’t play!

Terry Gibson's perm

They’ll just do it on a game by game basis I guess! This is the only champ game for a while the last 4/5 games are in September hopefully it stays dry so there is a need for 2 spinners as I do think he’s useful.

Annoying the best spinner in the country is on Yorkshire’s books yet won’t play!

It is difficult for Poysden as his way is blocked by the captain and the bloke who is the best county spinner.

I worry about the two openers still especially Sibley who can’t buy a run.

tisza

Still think it is players unable to make the transition between white ball and red ball cricket.
Technically and mentally different games. Players don't seem to think it's acceptable to make a 200 ball century.
Was it Compton who basically played his way out of Test cricket by abandoning his natural game when he was criticised for scoring too slowly ?
Root and Cook aside none of the Test batsmen can knuckle down and play a long innings.
Got real fears for Sri Lankan tour when players are going to have to be able to bat long on turning pitches.

Terry Gibson's perm

Rhodes is holding it together scores not far apart, but as a group they are not posting big enough first innings scores I expected a lot of over 450

Users who are viewing this thread