Warwickshire CCC 2019 Thread (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Breaking news- Barker has joined Hampshire on a 2 year deal.

Ridiculous of the club to let him go, to offer reduced terms is a disgrace blokes been solid over past decade!

25 with the ball and 28 with the bat!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

So seam bowlers for next year
Miles & Norwell -from Glos no div 1 experience
Stone- could be with England
Woakes- England will play odd game
Brookes- 18 out with a stress fracture of the back
OHD- very inconsistent & only really plays white ball
Sidebottom- handful of pro games

Then youngsters like Panayi & Thomason

Last edited:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

4 more wickets for the title Kent still 80 behind
Barker picked up 2 in 3 balls then went off I assume by his uncompleted over shame of him to finish like that in his final game!

Terry Gibson's perm

Two wickets to get 68 behind part of me would like to see them get 70 to let the bears bat again let Trotty open and knock off the runs.

I wish I had backed them to win the league as I think I said they would at the start it’s not been as easy as I expected but they are the best team by a long way their bowling attack is better than most of division one.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Two wickets to get 68 behind part of me would like to see them get 70 to let the bears bat again let Trotty open and knock off the runs.

I wish I had backed them to win the league as I think I said they would at the start it’s not been as easy as I expected but they are the best team by a long way their bowling attack is better than most of division one.

I had Surrey at 9/2 tried to double Bears who were 2/1 but William hill wouldn’t let me so I value in it, so just had a couple of quid on Surrey instead!

tisza

Well done the Bears.
Let's not pretend it's anything but money re:recruitment. The reason Bears were basically relegated in first place.
Trott a huge hole to fill especially from within the ranks. Hose not close. Hain red ball issues.
Letting Barker go a poor decision particularly with the way CC pitch preparation has moved this season across both divs.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Well done the Bears.
Let's not pretend it's anything but money re:recruitment. The reason Bears were basically relegated in first place.
Trott a huge hole to fill especially from within the ranks. Hose not close. Hain red ball issues.
Letting Barker go a poor decision particularly with the way CC pitch preparation has moved this season across both divs.

Totally agree!

The bears will be hoping they approve the 10 team Div 1 8 team div 2 plan so only 1 goes down next year and 3 up, as I can’t see them finishing any higher than 7th (2nd bottom) next season!

Terry Gibson's perm

Some good interviews on the bears website Barker and Wright are a good double act.

tisza

strange old game the surrey - essex one.
541 3rd innings runs you'd think 130 odd to win would be easy.
scrape home by a wicket - Surrey spinner goes for plenty whilst their seamers are cleaning up.

Terry Gibson's perm

Nasser was talking about Olly Stone today and said he should be centrally contracted straight away to get him away from county cricket

tisza

Nasser was talking about Olly Stone today and said he should be centrally contracted straight away to get him away from county cricket
like to hear Michael Holding's reply. he thinks fast bowlers learn by bowling overs.
.1 Stone made his debut in 2012 - has only bowled about 850 overs in 1st class cricket another 150 in List A.
2. England have a great record of looking after their fast bowlers - look at the injury history over last 10 years!!!!

By all means manage his workload but make sure he is playing games. Great raw pace but still a lot to learn about fast bowling.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

like to hear Michael Holding's reply. he thinks fast bowlers learn by bowling overs.
.1 Stone made his debut in 2012 - has only bowled about 850 overs in 1st class cricket another 150 in List A.
2. England have a great record of looking after their fast bowlers - look at the injury history over last 10 years!!!!

By all means manage his workload but make sure he is playing games. Great raw pace but still a lot to learn about fast bowling.

Years back they’d play more county games full stop, players would finish with England on the Monday play county Tuesday, I’m too young but likes of Willis played loads so could rarely miss games?

I always think Woakes is under cooked and picks up a lot of niggles wonder if it is due to playing little competitive cricket! Then thrown into the deep end of test cricket

tisza

He was available though and was on a shortlist I believe
would have been an interesting appointment. maybe too much of an outsider for the cricket hierarchy. Giles part of the establishment. Khan probably took Pakistan job knowing it was unlikely he'd get England job.
at least we didn't up with Irani - done a decent job at Essex but i've met him a few times and he's a complete dickhead.
something about cricket atm where the same few names get rotated for every job going. Giles was favourite for the coaching job before Bayliss was appointed.

Users who are viewing this thread