Warning – Wembley concessions, no 18-21 category? (1 Viewer)

Calista

Just a quick warning to those of you lucky enough to be able to buy tickets next week. If you look at the CCFC website tickets page, it seems like the definition of “Concessions” for Wembley is NOT the same as for home games at the Ricoh.

The website says “Please note: Concessions are classed as Over 60s. Juniors are classed as 16s and under.”

So there appears to be no category for 18-21, and that age group will need an adult ticket? It would be good if the club could make a clear statement ASAP about that*, to avoid young people potentially buying the wrong type of ticket and being refused entry on the day. There are enough fiascos going on without addding yet another one.

* and stick to it

ceetee

The statement on the website seems to me to be very clear.

Why should the definition be the same. It's presumably set by Wembley Stadium and the EFL.
It can't be agreed by the clubs as we don't know who our opponents will be.

Calista

Just to clarify, I wasn’t arguing that 18-21s should always get cheaper rates. It just occurred to me that City fans might wrongly assume that the categories were the same at Wembley as for the Ricoh, and buy concession tickets for 18-21 year olds, only to find that they get refused entry when they get there.

Not sure why Wembley don’t just drop the “Concession” label and simply say “Over 60’s”, because that’s all it is. And to avoid any mix-ups, CCFC could do the same on their website for this match.

vow

Just to clarify, I wasn’t arguing that 18-21s should always get cheaper rates. It just occurred to me that City fans might wrongly assume that the categories were the same at Wembley as for the Ricoh, and buy concession tickets for 18-21 year olds, only to find that they get refused entry when they get there.

Not sure why Wembley don’t just drop the “Concession” label and simply say “Over 60’s”, because that’s all it is. And to avoid any mix-ups, CCFC could do the same on their website for this match.
But it's not, Under 16's can get in for a tenner and Over 60's for half price, wheres the confusion?

SkyBlueScottie

The club need to make a statement... No, people need to read the following. “Please note: Concessions are classed as Over 60s. Juniors are classed as16s and under.” Dead easy.

Calista

Fine I agree, my OP was badly worded and no “statement” is necessary. Just put an asterisk next to the words “Concession” and “Junior”, drawing people’s attention to the footnote. From a question asked on another thread, and by somebody in my workplace, it’s obvious not everyone has seen that.

And hopefully at the point of online sale, when you make your selection it will be crystal clear, rather than just offering “Adult/Concession/Junior” and hoping that people have correctly read the information elsewhere.

After all, under the Wembley rules it appears a 17-year-old is an Adult, so hopefully no-one will make the mistake of buying a Junior ticket. That’s all I was trying to avoid. I’m a prize pillock guys I know, it doesn’t need to be pointed out :)

Hugh Jarse

Let's make it easy then.

If you are over 60, die and if you are under 16 get back to smoking weed and having a crafty fumble with your copy of Fiesta. Therefore, everyone pays one price!

Happy?

Calista

The club need to make a statement... No, people need to read the following. “Please note: Concessions are classed as Over 60s. Juniors are classed as16s and under.” Dead easy.

I agree it’s dead easy Scottie, but you are the only one to get it right so far :)

When you happen to find that line on the website and be looking directly at it, it’s clear. But as soon as you look away to explain it to someone, you are liable to get it wrong, especially if you are used to buying tickets through CCFC. That is clearly shown by the multiple mistakes made by people on here! Ironically, that includes the ones who say there’s no way of confusing it.

Users who are viewing this thread