Wanna Bet (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Hockey just started in Canada with post covid empty stadiums.
The Edmonton Oilers set up an on line 50-50 draw with 50% going to the winner and 50% split between the club and local charities. Over $3,000,000 was brought in. Apparently this amount set a world record for a 50-50 draw. Anyone have the ear of promotions at the club?

CanadianCCFC

The Edmonton Oilers set up an on line 50-50 draw with 50% going to the winner and 50% split between the club and local charities. Over $3,000,000 was brought in. Apparently this amount set a world record for a 50-50 draw. Anyone have the ear of promotions at the club?
I participate in a similar thing with the Toronto Blue Jays

Hadji's_Goatee

You should contact Rebecca Shortland, she is in charge of events. Cracking idea. DM me if you want her email, or let me know if you want me to send in the idea on your behalf. Or just search her on LinkedIn 👍

Last edited:

Johhny Blue

You should contact Rebecca Shortland, she is in charge of events. Cracking idea. DM me if you want her email, or let me know if you want me to send in the idea on your behalf. Or just search her on LinkedIn 👍
LinkedIn? I’m lucky I can make phone calls with my vast knowledge of technology

usskyblue

BOLTS

images

B-Ban-Boogie

Apologies if this happened or i missed it, but i saw Northampton did a 'Picture with the Trophy' thing the other day (with the 2nd Division play off trophy ffs) where loads of people turned up and I thought 'Why wouldn't Coventry do something similar with the more prestigious D1 trophy and get Dads, Mum's and kids up at Ryton to see the trophy' or something?

They've really missed a trick not taking advantage of the League win and keeping that feel good factor going.

shmmeee

Apologies if this happened or i missed it, but i saw Northampton did a 'Picture with the Trophy' thing the other day (with the 2nd Division play off trophy ffs) where loads of people turned up and I thought 'Why wouldn't Coventry do something similar with the more prestigious D1 trophy and get Dads, Mum's and kids up at Ryton to see the trophy' or something?

They've really missed a trick not taking advantage of the League win and keeping that feel good factor going.

Ive got a photo somewhere with the EPL trophy when I was teaching in Leicester and they brought it round all the schools. Seemed to really pump the kids up and get a few more supporters.

CJ_covblaze

The Blaze have been doing online 50/50 and shirt “ off their back” raffles during the classic games they’ve been showing during lockdown. Heard it’s been a good money maker.

Johhny Blue

Update:
The $3,000,000 world record didn’t last long. Wednesday’s game total was just under 5.5 million

RingoCCFC

Hockey and MLB

giphy.gif

‘Let’s go blue jays’

*shivers sent down my spine*

Would rather go watch Forge FC/TFC in the CPL/MLS over digging into either one of them sports! NBA and the Raptors weren’t bad but the chants are still cringe galore! 😝 Plus the ticket prices to go see them are worse than a World Cup ticket, my boss took me to a maple leaf game and spent like 300$ on one ticket!

Johhny Blue

Hockey and MLB

giphy.gif

‘Let’s go blue jays’

Would rather go watch Forge FC/TFC in the CPL/MLS over digging into either one of them sports! NBA and the Raptors weren’t bad but the chants are still cringe galore! 😝 Plus the ticket prices to go see them are worse than a World Cup ticket, my boss took me to a maple leaf game and spent like 300$ on one ticket!
You shared a seat?

CanadianCCFC

Hockey and MLB

giphy.gif

‘Let’s go blue jays’

Don’t diss baseball

RingoCCFC

Don’t diss baseball

Maybe it’s just because I found the chants cringey along with the fact they were like dire and down by so much! It was like seeing Jack Hikmans words put into motion on 50% of the players for BJ’s but instead of having heavy pockets they just had heavy chains! This one guy I remember his name it was Bautista was like the only decent player they had out and he had like a chain bigger than my bikes round his neck!

How does a giant chain not mess you up when running to bases! 🤷🏻‍♂️😂 (maybe it’s because they didn’t need to run as only that one guy could actually hit the ball!)

Johhny Blue

Update:
Friday’s draw reached over $15,000,000
Caveat:
A glitch in the on line system meant that many customers were double or triple billed and the draw will be delayed until this is clarified and corrected.
This was the 4th game of a best of 5 and Edmonton were eliminated so the fun is over

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread