Wallowing in my own filth (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I hasten to add for those watching (Evo ;)) I'm not judging who's right or wrong in this...

But after a while of blue bins not being collected, it seems this week it's extending to the general waste, too. Hoping we don't end up in a Birmingham type situation here!

hill83

How long did people keep up using those small black food waste bins they gave out with the bio degradable bags that disintegrated after 4 days and essentially left my garden waste bin with 5000 maggots and flies after sitting in the 30 degree heat for 1 and half weeks in 2018 that I'm still not over as I threw up about 5 times trying to clean the bin out after killing the maggots with boiling water?

Terry Gibson's perm

How long did people keep up using those small black food waste bins they gave out with the bio degradable bags that disintegrated after 4 days and essentially left my garden waste bin with 5000 maggots and flies after sitting in the 30 degree heat for 1 and half weeks in 2018 that I'm still not over as I threw up about 5 times trying to clean the bin out after killing the maggots with boiling water?

We had a maggot issue with those bins as well very unpleasant.

in Nuneaton we have to pay for the garden waste bin to be collected so I now stuff it all in the general waste.

hill83

I double bag everything food waste now. Don't even care, not going through that again. Although I'm a lot better with food waste now.
Such a hot topic in my house, bin collection day stresses me out more than Cov games. Hate it.

NorthernWisdom

I threw a load of salt over mine!

Evo1883

giphy.gif

Sbarcher

Never did the food bis, it's sitting there new and unused in our shed. There's no way I'm leaving cooked food in a box for a fortnight just so it can be tipped into an anaerobic digester. Dirty shites for expecting me to encourage vermin and maggots to rotting food!

Users who are viewing this thread