Waggott the maggott on the manager situation (2 Viewers)

thejinkingSakamoto

“There’s a mixture of those who have been out of work for a little while, or certainly one season, and there are some who are currently employed by other clubs who, if it goes further, I would approach their clubs.”

Last edited:

Grendel

AND the one with the cheapest salary requirements.

Surely the cheapest would be retaining Pressley. As they dont care about relegation why are they even bothering Tony?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I like the fact he's looking at win % over 40. I guess that rules out James Beattie then

What I don't get though is how is that calculated? How many managers out of work will still be without offers if they have a 40% win rate, and why would clubs who have a manager who has a 40% win rate want to move or be let go?

Another interesting comment was
“There’s a mixture of those who have been out of work for a little while, or certainly one season, and there are some who are currently employed by other clubs who, if it goes further, I would approach their clubs.”

How does it work when someone is with a club and has already applied? Would they not have to have had their current employers permission first?

Jackoskyblue

What I don't get though is how is that calculated? How many managers out of work will still be without offers if they have a 40% win rate, and why would clubs who have a manager who has a 40% win rate want to move or be let go?

How does it work when someone is with a club and has already applied? Would they not have to have had their current employers permission first?

Very true actually can't be many I know Mowbray is but struggle to find anyone else out of work which suggests going for another manager in work, which again I thought the same I thought you needed permission first before the manager can even say if he is interested or not

Chipfat

SW the illusionist is evaluting people for a job in a game he knows nothing about!!!!!!! I wish JS would be looking for a buyer or at least a replacement for Lloyd Christmas!!!!!!!!!SW and TF should be asked to leave this club NOW, both need to walk away and never ever step back into this club ever again. These pair are making a habit of screwing clubs over and the next interview they give they should be reminded that the majority want them out along with the owners due to poor performance..

SW talking about track records should look at his own, because if he did he would not be employing himself in his current position.....

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I don't ask my current employer for permission to apply for other jobs!

Football is a different world though isn't it.

I could apply for a job outside of my company and my existing employer would be seeking compensation. I'd have to serve a notice period of course but that's it.

Some how I think football works very differently.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Lots of managers out of work with over 40% career win rate.

Rosler, Adkins, Mcdermott and Mowbray off the top of my head

I'm not really sure how it works with managers already in work, probably between agents and the hiring club to see if his client would be interested before making a forman approach. The club can revoke permission as well if satisfactory compo is not negotiated I thin.

SkyblueBazza

It has disaster written all over it this.
Those with experience...to steady the ship, probably all seeking gainful employment because they've all been fired for a rocky ship in most recent times.
Let's face it - most of us aren't looking forward to the future with any real optimism are we. We are hoping for some victories while those just above us lose. Clutching at straws.
Should we find a rich vein of form...the players that are highlighted as key to that rich vein will be sold if they aren't on loan, or be beyond our budget if they are on loan as their value will have increased. So we will start next season with another complete new set of faces & be back to square one.

PUSB

Chipfat

Agents working for Employed or unemployed managers will be throwing the name about, even if the individual is not interested having your name in a paper or on a bookies list is important...

dongonzalos

Win ratios annoys the tits out of me
Context has to be used. If you rule someone out because they have a 39% win ratio without the context of the circumstances the manager was working in, you would be crazy.

Win ratios are better left to this forum to be used when someone is losing a debate and need something to hold onto.

albatross

This alarms me as the initial criteria could well exclude the best man for the job. Take Mowbray every management appointment has been to a club recently relegated from the pre league so a good squad and money to spend and only 51% at Celtic where they only expect to lose 2 games a season.

Mark Warburton of Brentford has a 55.5% win record, out of a job at the end of the season... Unfashionable club , less potential than ccfc yes people will say they have spent but they also sold so their overall outlay has been modest, he seems to get results in most things he takes on. Even his idea about an U19 league was nicked by UEFA was nicked by them when it was a resounding success and he used it to scout for good young players in on loan.

Riding high at the moment

Gint11

Id be more than happy to have Mowbray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

So is he just going to google all the candidates and hire the one with the highest win% then?

Probably as much chance of that method working as any other we've used in the past!

I would imagine not a million miles away from how it would work for you and I. Apply for a job while in employment, if you get an offer you then need to resign your current post. Of course the difference with football is that they'd know you were resigning to move somewhere else so wouldn't accept your resignation which would leave the club to request permission to make a formal offer and that would mean compo.

steveecov

What's more of a concern is it also must demotivate Hockaday for Saturday. Barmy methinks to state trying to get new guy in before Barnsley.

It's the players here NOW , who have got to stand up.

Should have said nothing. Was seriously thinking of 4 points minimum from these 2 games.

Not as hopeful now.

steveecov

Surely when he was parachuted in, he must have been considered as a caretaker, if he could make a go of a mini season. Like I've said before I think Pressley was saved by that last gasp goal.

Did we go to the moon? GEEZ that Waggott makes me so...............pass me another beer Baldrick...What's that You've got a cunning plan?

Kingokings204

Andy morrell? Really?

May as well ask for Connor Thomas as he should retire from playing shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread