Waggott the maggott on the manager situation (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

So is he just going to google all the candidates and hire the one with the highest win% then?

Win ratio can be deceptive. Wasn't Mowbray with Celtic who are just about guaranteed to win every week?

Gazolba

Andy morrell has 52.14% win rate at wrexham in 140 games and 52.94% at Tamworth in 17 games and won fa trophy with Wrexham.

Wrexham were near top of the Conference for some time (just missed promotion by a whisker). Andy was player manager so that probably skews the win ratio. Not saying he would not be good, but win ratios can be deceptive.

Samo

Surely the cheapest would be retaining Pressley. As they dont care about relegation why are they even bothering Tony?

Have you not heard the latest G, the sacking is merely a 'curve-ball' to distract us from SISU. :facepalm:

Manchester_sky_blue

The only real positives I can see in all this is that it does now look less likely that they are going to appoint Hockaday.

I'm not convinced by the idea of Mowbray or Morrell but I'd sooner ha e either of them than Hockaday.

Adkins, Rosler or Warburton would be great but I just can't see any of them fancying it. All could get champ clubs with bigger budgets

covcity4life

Win ratios annoys the tits out of me
Context has to be used. If you rule someone out because they have a 39% win ratio without the context of the circumstances the manager was working in, you would be crazy.

Win ratios are better left to this forum to be used when someone is losing a debate and need something to hold onto.

as an andy thorne fan have you ever won a managerial debate on here?

so bitter lol

Sky Blue Kid

The one name that is already in management that I would love to see come to CCFC is Ian Holloway. Never known a manager take a team to the Prem by only buying 2 players...£500k for Charlie Adam..and £5k for a lower league(Mansfield) full back.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Win ratios annoys the tits out of me
Context has to be used. If you rule someone out because they have a 39% win ratio without the context of the circumstances the manager was working in, you would be crazy.

Win ratios are better left to this forum to be used when someone is losing a debate and need something to hold onto.

I agree.

What was the win ratio of Jimmy Hill, John Sillett & George Curtis prior to their appointments.

Compared to Ron Atkinson -
Cambridge Utd. 146 games 46%
West Brom 159 games 44%
Man Utd 292 games 50%
West Brom (2nd stint) 53 games 28%
Athletico Madrid 12 games 50%
Sheff Wed 118 games 41%
Aston Villa 178 games 43%
COVENTRY CITY 74 games 25%

covcity4life

Adkins I would have thought. O don't think we have enough money to tempt any of them

adkins didnt replicate it at reading though so i would imagine his stock has fallen more than mowbrays even with the latters boro stint.

maybe we should go for youth though in rosler, i just dont know

never cease to get excited by this annual time of the year though lol

no_loyalty

Overall win ratios of some of the managers linked with the City job:-

Di Canio 52.78%
Adkins 48.65%
Rosler 43.44%
Mowbray 43.11% (Includes Celtic)
Alexander 40.80%
Jones 40.59%
Abott 34.48%
Hockaday 33.85%
Beattie 27.59%

torchomatic

steveecov

No doubt the new guy'll be anointed on Wednesday.

Team will be disjointed come Saturday.

Fans disappointed come Sunday.

PUSB

mrbluesky87

Overall win ratios of some of the managers linked with the City job:-

Di Canio 52.78%
Adkins 48.65%
Rosler 43.44%
Mowbray 43.11% (Includes Celtic)
Alexander 40.80%
Jones 40.59%
Abott 34.48%
Hockaday 33.85%
Beattie 27.59%

Di Canio it is then.:claping hands:

Could you imagine what would happen if he wound up Reda or Nouble or both together.:slap:

Users who are viewing this thread