Waggot Telegraph Article (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

In his quest to find Pressley's replacement this goon Waggot article mentions I, I've and me, , loads of times too many to count, not us or we !. "I need a winner" "I'll eventually have a short list" " a win buys ME time" I'll try to speak to the stongest ones first and tick the others on telephone conversations. Sounds more like someone playing Football manager to me than a ceo. Can our club afford this buffoon another stab at appointing a team manager, he's had 4 in the last 3 years ffs!

Last edited:
Waggott has been responsible for appointing Mark Robins and Steven Pressley.

Robins can be considered a success, Pressley the opinion is more divided.

georgehudson

i've, me, lots of times, but none of the i'll have to check with JS first,
that's the real situation with this charlatan

georgehudson

sorry chinaman but waggott has had plenty of time & has displayed his ineptitude,
any doubts you may have, ask charlton fans, & that goes for fisher too

LB87ccfc

Waggott has not done to bad so far with manager appts, so give the bloke a chance this time before moaning at him.

If only you knew the ins and out's of what has gone on not just a manager appointment.

He is very much a big problem at the club just like Fisher, yet the SISU PR machine still rolls Waggott out as they are fully aware their is more fans who approve to Waggott than they do Fisher but they both sing from the same Hymme sheet.

skyblueinBaku

If only you knew the ins and out's of what has gone on not just a manager appointment.

He is very much a big problem at the club just like Fisher, yet the SISU PR machine still rolls Waggott out as they are fully aware their is more fans who approve to Waggott than they do Fisher but they both sing from the same Hymme sheet.

This reads like you are in the know. Please explain.

kg82

This is over an article where he says "I" a few times, right? I mean, this thread is over that, not peoples general frustration with him. I can't help but think this might be one of the most childish, petty things I've ever read on here... and that takes a lot.

bigfatronssba

Waggott has been responsible for appointing Mark Robins and Steven Pressley.

Robins can be considered a success, Pressley the opinion is more divided.

Recruitment is about finding the person with the right skills and the right character.

In terms of character Robins was not a successful appointment, and Waggot must share the blame in appointing the wrong man in that instance as well.

CCFC_Charlie

Ah great, another vague post where someone claims that everyone else but them is wrong, citing some sort of insider information that they will never back up and just expect everyone to believe. Waggott has done a fairly good job in regards to managerial appointments. Robins was the right choice and if he's stayed we'd be in a significantly better position than we are now. Pressley was not so good but you get the feeling he was hired because of his long term vision, he was just poor at progressing to the stage he wanted to be at.

duffer

Ah great, another vague post where someone claims that everyone else but them is wrong, citing some sort of insider information that they will never back up and just expect everyone to believe. Waggott has done a fairly good job in regards to managerial appointments. Robins was the right choice and if he's stayed we'd be in a significantly better position than we are now. Pressley was not so good but you get the feeling he was hired because of his long term vision, he was just poor at progressing to the stage he wanted to be at.

I don't much like Waggott, but I've got to say that this is a pretty fair assessment imho.

rupert_bear

Not saying it isn't but Mark Robins is sometimes portrayed on here as a bit special, he was doing okay nothing more and was similar at Huddersfield. The trouble here we have been in the doldrums that long any new manager who wins three on the bounce is hailed the new Messiah, then we come down to earth with bump.

NorthernWisdom

Not saying it isn't but Mark Robins is sometimes portrayed on here as a bit special, he was doing okay nothing more and was similar at Huddersfield. The trouble here we have been in the doldrums that long any new manager who wins three on the bounce is hailed the new Messiah, then we come down to earth with bump.

The sensible thing Robins did was jump while his stock was high!

Not sure if it reflects well on Pressley that he showed loyalty and didn't bog off when his was similar, or if it's symptomatic of poor judgement.

dongonzalos

If he was what people made him out to be on this site. He would have achieved at Huddersfield. Apparently here he took over the worst squad ever assembled by man kind and achieved. Yet at Huddersfield he was given cash and did nothing.
The squad prior to DMC drew with Yeovil who got promoted ( was a disgraceful result at the time, apparently) drew with Sheff Utd ( where apparently today a draw with them against 11 men is good) and drew with Bury ( poor result)
MR right place right time ok manager knew the right additional players to bring in. For everyone that worked for him, he bought another in that clearly didn't) so not that much genius really.....
Our managers start at the bottom of the hill I am afraid, you can't be that unlucky that many times when it comes to hiring managers. Robins looks good because he ran before it went to rat shit. Eric Black and Roland are the same they got sacked before it went shit.
Gordon Strachan was a good manager and proved it after he left us.
We are a club in constant decline if we got an owner like Southampton, Brentford or Bournemouth did . Our average managers would suddenly look amazing until we got to level playing field. Unfortunately when heading in our direction I think our playing field is the middle of league one.

Last edited:

Grendel

If he was what people made him out to be on this site. He would have achieved at Huddersfield. Apparently here he took over the worst squad ever assembled by man kind and achieved. Yet at Huddersfield he was given cash and did nothing.
The squad prior to DMC drew with Yeovil who got promoted ( was a disgraceful result at the time, apparently) drew with Sheff Utd ( where apparently today a draw with them against 11 men is good) and drew with Bury ( poor result)
MR right place right time ok manager knew the right additional players to bring in. For everyone that worked for him, he bought another in that clearly didn't) so not that much genius really.....
Our managers start at the bottom of the hill I am afraid, you can't be that unlucky that many times when it comes to hiring managers. Robins looks good because he ran before it went to rat shit. Eric Black and Roland are the same they got sacked before it went shit.
Gordon Strachan was a good manager and proved it after he left us.
We are a club in constant decline if we got an owner like Southampton, Brentford or Bournemouth did . Our average managers would suddenly look amazing until we got to level playing field. Unfortunately when heading in our direction I think our playing field is the middle of league one.

Out on the beer tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread