Waggot gone (1 Viewer)

stupot07

84736acab4480dec0ff93bc81c14b105.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Steve Waggott has decided to end his time with Sky Blues having led the club for four years... Coventry City chief executive Steve Waggott has decided to leave his position with the Sky Blues.

Steve has worked for the club for four years and led the Sky Blues through a difficult period in the club's history.

His work secured the club's return to the Ricoh Arena during the 2014/15 season and the appointment of manager Tony Mowbray during the summer.

Steve has issued the following statement following his departure from the club.

"I have decided after four years, and with the club in a good position, that now is the time to move on.

"Anyone who has worked with me over this time, knows the time and commitment I have put into the job in challenging circumstances. I have been living away from home for that period and feel it is now right to step away and allow the club to continue to progress.

"We sit a point off the top of the table, there is stability in the managerial and coaching situation and the club is back in its home city - all things I wanted to assist in achieving.

"I have got to know a great many people in Coventry and Warwickshire - supporters, community representatives and business figures - and have forged some strong friendships in what have been turbulent times - and for that I am very grateful.

"I wish the club and its supporters all the very best for the future."

Coventry City Chairman Tim Fisher said: "I'd like to place on record the club's thanks for everything Steve has achieved during his time with the club.

"His commitment, market know how and experience has been invaluable to Coventry City over what has been a challenging period for the club and he leaves with the club heading forwards in the right direction.

"We're very sad to see Steve leave the club and I'm sure staff and supporters will join me in wishing Steve the very best for the future."

Joy Seppala, CEO of SISU said: “We are grateful for Steve’s contribution and hard work during the challenges of the recent past.

"Striving for progress both on and off the pitch, Steve’s priority has always been CCFC.

"We wish Steve all the best for the future and know that he will always be a close friend to the club.”

hill83

Dave down the dog & sausage told me wasps are about to take us over

Nick

Administrator
How is he meeting with Wasps next week?

Wasn't expecting that, maybe Venus is doing most of his work now?

Steve.B50

Yes, Steve Waggot gone with immediate effect.

Strange one as he did seem to be getting on with the supporters.

Something must happening !!!!!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Does this mean Fisher will be taking on his duties? If its down to Fisher to negotiate the deal at the Ricoh we will be gone by next Friday.

aviles

All this good news this season is getting a little too much now im not used to it. Mowbray out bring back thorn and resign webster

Grendel

Ive got a bad feeling about this.can only be to do with the ground issue surley??

No why would it? Waggott can't play football manager anymore and his bungling attempts have been exposed this season by what can be achieved if things are done properly.

He's no loss.

Warwickhunt

The question is does freeing up his Salary give TM the ability to bring in a central defender of some kind of Championship quality?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Was thinking that, it is a bit random isn't it?

Unless Venus is pretty much doing his job now anyway.
Its possible but there is still a lot of non football logistics into running a football club which I thought Waggott was responsible for.

Its worded like Waggott has resigned of his own accord rather than been pushed out.

Grendel

The question is does freeing up his Salary give TM the ability to bring in a central defender of some kind of Championship quality?

It is I believe a legal requirement to have a salaried CEO

skybluelee

Please god don't let that c*** Fisher become the mouthpiece of the club again, he'll undo all of the good PR work undertaken by the club over the last 6 months in the space of 2 media interviews.

chiefdave

Not going to start celebrating just yet. We might end up with Fisher back in charge!

We need to get an idea of why he's gone and who, if anyone, is replacing him.

covcity4life

unless this is part of something bigger(good bigger) i am bit disapointed

hes been a good mouthpiece for sisu, much better than fisher

and he helped bring us back to ricoh at a time sisu and council hated each other(well they still do)

and hes helped mowbray in every single way to shape the club, heck he found mowbray.

still if his job is pretty much obsolete now venus is in maybe its not too bad a thing, time will tell i guess.

torchomatic

Surprised the CT didn't know.

How is he meeting with Wasps next week?

Wasn't expecting that, maybe Venus is doing most of his work now?

bradwellskyblues

i suspect he has been marginalised with venus doing player recruitment which was the reason he came originally so i dont think there's much to worry about

ccfclinney

Some fans have been wanting this for a while ! But I honestly think this is a big loss for us!! Be interesting to find out more on why he has jumped ship so to speak!
Does he know something the fans don't ?? I.e ground etc.
Seems a bit random.
Hopefully we don't hit a stumbling block now and the club starts going backwards after finally getting back on track!!
Here's praying!!!

Pusb

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Nice enough bloke and good to talk football with. Good luck to him.

Bit sudden...... did something change? what about the meeting next week with Armstrong?

Was just as much part of what went on as any other director in the last 4 years though

Bad news is that the only director left is Fisher

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Surely another CEO will have to be appointed. Isn't Fishface the only director left?

What is David Cardoza doing these days?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread