Waggot and Fisher (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

With TM seemingly in charge of football related side of things, and Venus as DOF, what will these two have as their daily routines now?

NorthernWisdom

With TM seemingly in charge of football related side of things, and Venus as DOF, what will these two have as their daily routines now?

15stone (but pre-season), alcohol units 14 (but effectively covers 2 days as 4 hours of party was on avoiding relegation), cigarettes 22, calories 5424.

Food consumed today:
2 pork batches
A jacket potato from the van outside the market
2 mugs of Bovril (count as food, just about)
1/3 Prawn Sandwich
coriander leaves--1/2 packet
12 Cream Eggs (can't leave them lying around for Fleck after all)
13 cocktail sausages

A nice roast dinner at Steve's with all the trimmings. Pigs in blankets, peas, carrots, topped with a pudding of a fantastic cheesecake with raspberries, baileys and lashings of double cream.

Noon. Ryton: training ground. Ugh. The last thing on earth I feel physically, emotionally or mentally equipped to do is drive to the Coventry area and chat about stadiums. I've got to know Michael pretty well, he's now my best friend after Ann started messing about with someone else. Ann and her pals at Wasps never stop reminding me when I was running round Northampton with no clothes on. My mother rang up at 8:30 in the morning last May Bank Holiday and forced me to promise to go. She approached it via a cunningly circuitous route.

Last edited:

no_loyalty

I'd have thought that was obvious, they will be visiting vacant sites up and down the country looking for a decent plot of land to build our super new stadium

Hobo

Dog walkers...every revenue stream is important.

shy_tall_knight

Isn't Fisher the Chairman and Waggot the CEO, Fisher ordinarily as chairman is the link between the management and the owners (SISU) often for strategic issues such as Northampton / new stadium where as Waggot is responsible for the daily running

Astute

I wonder if they both know what they are supposed to be doing? :thinking about:

skybluebeduff

Fisher is Chairman, Waggot is Chief Executive. Mowbray said in his interview that's he's been working very closely with the Chief Executive, I.E Waggot.

chiefdave

Fisher got pushed out to pretty much just working on the fantasy stadium didn't he? Waggot does some of the management of the business side as when they were talking about the ticketing issues around the return to the Ricoh he took the blame for that and said it was his decision to either have that situation or stay away longer while everything was prepared.

Would be interesting to know the combined salary of the pair.

Terry Gibson's perm

Fisher got pushed out to pretty much just working on the fantasy stadium didn't he? Waggot does some of the management of the business side as when they were talking about the ticketing issues around the return to the Ricoh he took the blame for that and said it was his decision to either have that situation or stay away longer while everything was prepared.

Would be interesting to know the combined salary of the pair.

My guess on the salary would be little change out of £500k per year between them if not a little more. Tim seems to be very well pains considering that he seems to be running his other businesses at the same time as his magical mystery land tour.

LB87ccfc

Errr who gives a shit as long as they are no where near the footballing side which Waggott was ( which it took alot of you to believe this when I said it months ago) then I don't give a shite what they do now.

chiefdave

Errr who gives a shit as long as they are no where near the footballing side which Waggott was ( which it took alot of you to believe this when I said it months ago) then I don't give a shite what they do now.

I give a shit if it turns out they're on £500K for doing nothing. Would much rather get rid and add that to our player budget.

LB87ccfc

I give a shit if it turns out they're on £500K for doing nothing. Would much rather get rid and add that to our player budget.

A - Evidence of salaries please

B - Fisher is Coventry City Football Club Chairman, every club has a chairman.

C - Are you really that deluded to think they would be doing nothing?

chiefdave

A - Evidence of salaries please

You understand the meaning of the word if don't you? Do you think they're on minimum wage?

B - Fisher is Coventry City Football Club Chairman, every club has a chairman.

I've got no problem with anyone in any role, even if they are on a big salary, if they are earning their money. What are Fisher and Waggott doing to earn theirs?

C - Are you really that deluded to think they would be doing nothing?

So what are they doing? Is Fisher really getting a new stadium built? Waggott has just lost a good chunk of his responsibilities, has he also had a proportional pay cut? His role, since the reshuffle last September, has been the day to day running of the club, how well do you think he is performing?

Godiva

It seems there are a few who doesn't understand how companies are organised and especially the roles and responsibilities at management and director level.

CEO:
The Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) is responsible for leading the development and execution of the Company’s long term strategy with a view to creating shareholder value. The CEO’s leadership role also entails being ultimately responsible for all ay-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Company’s long and short term plans. The CEO acts as a direct liaison between the Board and management of the Company and communicates to the Board on behalf of management. The CEO also communicates on behalf of the Company to shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public.

Chairman:
The principal role of the Chairman of the Board is to manage and to provide leadership to the Board of Directors of the Company. The Chairman is accountable to the Board and acts as a direct liaison between the Board and the management of the Company, through the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”). The Chairman acts as the communicator for Board decisions where appropriate.The concept of separation of the role of the Chairman from that of the CEO implies that the Chairman should be independent from management and free from any interest and any business or other relationship which could interfere with the Chairman’s independent judgment other than interests resulting from Company shareholdings and remuneration.

There is no nothing in the Otium accounts to suggest they are paid anything like £500.000 between them. They most likely paid less than half that amount. SW will be the top earner of the two.

The management level doesn't really change when the new football director comes in. Previously TF was CEO, SW football director and SP manager. Then TF was 'promoted' (I would say removed from the daily management) to chairman, SW promoted to CEO (and interim football director) and SP stayed manager (since replaced).
Nothing but names has changed.

LB87ccfc

You understand the meaning of the word if don't you? Do you think they're on minimum wage?

I've got no problem with anyone in any role, even if they are on a big salary, if they are earning their money. What are Fisher and Waggott doing to earn theirs?

So what are they doing? Is Fisher really getting a new stadium built? Waggott has just lost a good chunk of his responsibilities, has he also had a proportional pay cut? His role, since the reshuffle last September, has been the day to day running of the club, how well do you think he is performing?

I am not going to go into detail and sit here arguing with you all day other things to do, but to clarify, no their will never be a stadium, waggott and fisher need to go simple as that, can we do anything about that , er no, will they go, er no. Does it affect us on the field - it won't now.

Do we need to know if they have had pay cuts, nope, do we just need to support TM and the players he brings in - Yes.

rupert_bear

I believe Tony Mowbray met Joy Sepalla and another ? without Fisher and Waggott being present before the scheduled meetings regarding him being appointed for the managers job. What was said at that meeting is anybodys guess, who this "other" person was who knows. But if you listen to the Mowbray CWR interview he was adamant his man, Mark Venus, comes in and becomes more or less director of football here taking charge of all football affairs below the first team, this wasn't kicked into touch by sisu, i wouldn't be surprised if this "other" person wasn't some sort of advisor. So where does this leave Waggott or Fisher for that matter, well in Waggott's case drawing and nice fat wedge for not a lot at the moment. Think the clock might be ticking.

Hobo

Fisher is Seppala's Venus
Mowbray now has his Venus on board
Waggott has two sides to his flag trying to keep his wallet firmly in his pocket

Terry Gibson's perm

I don't know what Waggott's skill set is but it certainly doesn't include knowing much about choosing decent footballers so he should let the people who have an idea about that side of the business get on with it, there is plenty of work to getting on with at the club still no kit etc , but there is one thing for certain we have two people doing one job in Waggott and Fisher and a decision needs to be made which one goes and if the other cannot cover their work both should go

no_loyalty

Tim Fisher is a waste of a good skin

skybluebeduff

Stop the hate on Waggot, it's uncalled for, everyone makes mistakes. We all fall over sometimes, but why do we fall? So we can learn how to pick ourselves back up.
At least he is actually amending his mistakes. Fisher on the other hand, I don't actually know what the fuck he does. I would target the abuse to him alone, he actually deserves it.

Hobo

Stop the hate on Waggot, it's uncalled for, everyone makes mistakes. We all fall over sometimes, but why do we fall? So we can learn how to pick ourselves back up.
At least he is actually amending his mistakes. Fisher on the other hand, I don't actually know what the fuck he does. I would target the abuse to him alone, he actually deserves it.

The biggest problem here is blurred boundaries and undefined roles. Pressley was lacking but carried the can for other people's decisions. As Mowbray has highlighted the infrastructure doesn't support staff..that includes inexperienced managers...hence three weeks of negotiation by Mowbray who has been around the block a few times.

the route of this problem was SISU buying up all the minority shares by holding a gun to people's heads. Minority shares/fans are key to asking awkward questions "what is this persons role, what are they paid and what are they achieving?"

clear accountability is a great leveller in the boardroom.

dadgad

That's a lot of skin tbf and thick as well.
Maybe he could donate some of it.
'Acres of good quality skin'

Chipfat

SW has said that when he is not wanted he will walk,, well now he is not wanted by the majority or needed in the role that Venus is doing so Bye SW.. As for TF he should of gone weeks after arriving, what is he still doing wondering around pretending he gives a shit for... Both should leave and never be ever near the game or business again.. As for SW making mistakes FFS and should be forgiven,, WHY!!!... the pair of them were doing the same at Charlton,, 6 years ago..

Sorry do not like or rate the pair in what ever role they have done,, been very bad for the club in more ways than one.. And for fans to see a change they have to go, with a new chairmen working with Venus...

Users who are viewing this thread