vs Swindon Town Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Couldn't see a thread on this (didn't really look TBH, please merge Nick if already on another) so I thought that as I had been to this one, I'd start of...

* Charles-Cook - Spilled a couple of shots along the ground but was no doubt a slippery surface. Some great catches from crosses - 8
* Phillips - One of two at fault for the pen. Caught out of position a couple of times but still learning - 6
* Martin - Probably played 367 passes in the first half as we played keep ball for about 10 minutes. Pretty assured but partly responsible for the pen - 7
* Ricketts - Didn't really put a foot wrong but don't recall them troubling us too much - 7
* Stokes - Worked well up the line but didn't have too much to do - 7
* Vincelot - I actually thought it was Armstrongs goal so credit for being in that right position. Work went unnoticed - 7
* Fleck - For me, probably our best player on the pitch. Worked hard, was smart with the ball, calmed things down. Good performance - 9
* O'Brien - Works tirelessly...every team needs someone like that. Great commitment and didn't do much wrong - 8
* Cole - An ok 45 minutes. Can tell he's rusty and was targeted by their big lad in CM - 6
* Kent - Get's in the right positions, good pace, positively attack minded but holds on a little too long often resulting in frustration - 5.5
* Armstrong - Didn't really get too much service to be fair but worked the flanks well, timed a few runs well but lacked support - 6.5

Subs:
* Lameiras - A real boost to the team when he came on. Animated on the right hand side and gave us a good outlet - 7
* Murphy - Was a massive influence when he came on. A couple of great runs down the middle caused them problems. Great threat - 8
* Tudgay - Didn't really influence the game that much. Did well to react to his miss from the spot - 6

That's my take on it anyway. Already said on other threads how bitterly disappointed I was at the result. I get the whole 'remain unbeaten/4th in the table' but had we taken more against Blackpool and Swindon, 2 supposedly easier games (nailed on according to some) we'd probably be 2nd in the table. Just nice to have high expectations for a chance.

Manner of the performance was quite concerning. We sat too deep at the end and invited them on to us, thus resulting in the 2 goals. But TM is the expert, not me so there was probably a reason for it. Anyway, onwards and hopefully upwards - PUSB!

WM

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Broadly agree. Maybe a smidgeon generous, though it’s more likely my own harsher rating that's the main difference.

RCC 7

Phillips 5
Ricketts 7
Martin 7
Stokes 6

Fleck 7
Vincelot 6

Kent 5
Cole 6
O’Brien 7

Armstrong 6

Murphy 7
Lameiras 7
Tudgay 6

superskyblue

Think you're being a bit generous.

RCC - 6 (not great on the ball and his distribution led to Swindon goal)
Phillips - 5 (doesn't look comfortable, definite weak link)
Martin - 6 (did well but was definitely a culprit for the pen)
Ricketts - 7 (very solid, could argue as captain he should have been driving the team up the pitch when we just inexplicably dropped deep in the last 10 minutes)
Stokes - 7 (didn't put a foot wrong really, get the impression he could be a 7 every week as he's rock solid and very basic)
Vincelot - 7 (broke up play well but in a team that capitulates like that you want to see your defensive leaders drive the team on, don't think he did)
Fleck - 8 (excellent distribution, some threatening forward runs too - just wish he would do it more often)
Kent - 6 (so much raw ability - could skin his full back at will, just wish there was something at the end)
Cole - 6 (looked good again, his running could be a real threat - hope we see him for longer than the 35 day quota)
O'Brien - 6 (tireless, industrious, ineffective - do those 3 words sum JOB up?)
Armstrong - 5 (highly ineffective, would like to see his stock attacking run be in behind rather than coming deep to collect the ball - we don't need him creating when we have cole, fleck etc, make some runs in behind please!)

Lameiras - 6 (I really like him but he didn't contribute - looked neat and tidy though)
Murphy - 7 (great impact when he came on - would be amazed if he didn't start the next game)
Tudgay - 6 (did nothing bar miss the pen and score the easiest goal imaginable)

ms639

RCC- 7 did well in difficult conditions, not at fault for either goal
Phillips- 3 age acknowledged but he's so so poor, stealing a living at the minute
Martin 6- Mainly solid but partly at fault for pen decision
Ricketts- 8, solid, commands the back 4 very very well
Stokes- 7, solid defensively didn't offer too much going forward
Vincelot 7- a solid performance in the middle, broke down play did his job well
Fleck- 8, couldn't believe it when i found out he's only 24 recently, so composed a touch of quality above most of the squad
Kent 5, Athlete and has ability, terrible decision making and no end product
Cole 5, actually thought he was of detriment at the weekend, slowed the ball down- looked a lot better when he was off the field
O'brien 6, god lovers a trier but lacks quality sometimes
Armstrong 5, couldn't get into the game- really found out by their back 4 needs pace around him

Lameiras- 6 nothing inspiring but looks composed and played some decent passes to Murphy
Murphy- 8, despite not playing that long he tore them a new one- looked very effective
Tudgay- 6, not much more to say!

Users who are viewing this thread