Vitamin B (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

I've been feeling very lacklustre for several weeks. I've just realised that it coincided with my vitamin B tablets pot exhausting, as I took one last night and now I'm chipper again. As I'm a vegetarian I guess I just cannot enough from my diet.

Should vitamin B tablets be given out to the depressed and the long-term unemployed?

Ashdown

That and holidays to sunny destinations. If I don't see the sun for a few days I'm sure my serotonin levels drop dangerously and I crave vitamin D !

lifeskyblue

My season ticket came with a vitamin supply ...take one daily between August and may

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I've been feeling very lacklustre for several weeks. I've just realised that it coincided with my vitamin B tablets pot exhausting, as I took one last night and now I'm chipper again. As I'm a vegetarian I guess I just cannot enough from my diet.

Should vitamin B tablets be given out to the depressed and the long-term unemployed?

I'm vegetarian too. Don't take vitamin b though. Wasn't aware of any of it's so called 'qualities,' but having just checked that baby out on Wiikipedia, I'm straight down my local Holland and Barratt's first thing tomorrow!!

ccfc92

We stopped eating meat during the BSE scare and never restarted.

Ah okay :)

Do you feel that meat substitutes are any good?

Personally, I can't imagine you get the same nutrients etc from Quorn products etc....? Just interested to know :)

Otis

Personally, I love most Quorn products.

Like most vegetarians, I always missed bacon though

As with most things, if you eat plenty of fruit and vegetables you are absolutely fine.

mrtrench

Ah okay :)

Do you feel that meat substitutes are any good?

Personally, I can't imagine you get the same nutrients etc from Quorn products etc....? Just interested to know :)

Quorn is excellent but have no idea about nutrients. In the old days in the 80s all we had was textured vegetable protein (TVP) which came dried in Health food shops - it was bloody awful. In the end we just used beans (butter, chick peas, red kidney etc.) instead in "mince" type meals. You need to add an awful lot of caraway seeds though to stop the subsequent trumping.

mrtrench

I'm vegetarian too. Don't take vitamin b though. Wasn't aware of any of it's so called 'qualities,' but having just checked that baby out on Wiikipedia, I'm straight down my local Holland and Barratt's first thing tomorrow!!

If you like them, you can get them much cheaper online in bulk.

Covstu

The missus is a veggie and the two kids are virtually veggie but I am not. The wife doesn't like the taste as a kid so never eat meat again. Not mad on quorn products to be honest but I have tried to like them!!

I take wellman sport vits and fish oil which seems to do the job for me! Costs a few quid though!!

Terry Gibson's perm

I used to take Vitamins but stopped and it has made no difference at all apart from being a little bit better off!

ccfctommy

You can actually life just off lager apparently. It has all of the nutrients the body needs in it.

SkyblueBazza

Giraffes survive & prosper even by eat eating only leaves, cows only eat grass...the obsession about diet(s) & the fads created is all simply a marketing ploy about making money!
Latest spoutings are that Britain has to little Vit. D for good health because of the lack of sun we suffer. No shit Sherlock!!! We all agree that we don't get enough sun...but it begs the question "How the f**k have we managed thus far?"

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread