Virgin Media Superhub (1 Viewer)

Marty

Anybody else get there free superhub lately?

Did you go through the set up book? when I turned mine on it just done it automatically so i'm not sure if i still have to go through the set up..

Just got mine set up, getting 37 mbs, been told should see around 57. Does anyone know if that's my max now, or will they turn it up over time once more people receive and get there's set up.

Coventry La La La

Got my'n yesterday, they where upgrading us from 20meg to 60 (for free), got it working yesterday and ran a speed test and got around 57 meg. :)

Marty

Did you go through the set up book or did your computer just do it automatically?

Marty

1999074384.png

Covstu

Had mine about 2 months ago but my double speed isn't in the area yet. I get about 25mb at the moment wireless.

WillieStanley

They upgraded ours a while back... We got TiVo down stairs, V+HD upstairs and maximum 60mg broadband. Not paying a penny more than I was just for 1 V+hd box and 30mg

I love Virgin Media at the moment!

SkyBlueScottie

I am awaiting my upgrade to 60 mg, also got Tivo which I love, its currently getting filled up with Sky 2 showing series 2 and 3 of Fringe which is quality viewing!

Marty

VM are excellent, I haven't once paid for an upgrade, Just call them up every now and then and they are like do you fancy a free upgrade. :D

Covstu

I do t think much of TiVo, preferred the old look on the hd box particularly the favourites

The CableGuy

To get the best out of the hub (which is crap at wireless), you may consider switching it to modem-only mode and attaching your old wireless router to it.

As for speed, I'm on 60Mb but most of the time I get half that. Loads of complaints about this on the official VM Forums and Cable Forum:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/

TiVo is good but it should be a lot better by now, VM having been promising features like iPad apps and box-to-box streaming for over a year now.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I had this set up recently and have it as Cableguy says - modem only mode hooked up to my d-link router. Did a wired speed test and got 57mbps. Its perfect as I have the hub in my room so I get wired PC and Xbox :D For an accurate speed test you need to run the test on a wired PC / Laptop and make sure nothing else is taking up any of the bandwidth ie someone else online downloading music on your network.

Marty

How would I go about connecting out the superhub to the hub like you's suggested?

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Connect a good wireless router via ethernet cable to the port closest to the coaxial cable on the superhub. Open an internet explorer and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar which should bring up the settings for the super hub. There should be an option there to turn the hub to modem only mode.

Users who are viewing this thread