Vincenti’s Injury (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

As per the thoughts of Robins and McNulty a massive blow for the team and the team is not the same without him. Most of what he does goes unnoticed by the fans.

Or

A blessing in disguise as it forces Robins to pick someone with more pace such as DKE changing the dimension of the attack/counter attack. Also although he doesn’t always win the headers over time will it reduce the temptation by us to play long ball. (Although it didn’t yesterday)

dongonzalos

Think with Vincenti now out we'll sign a winger in the window as Kelly-Evans is not good enough

If it is a pacey creative winger who does that job well enough.
Would you count that as a blessing or do you prefer unusual dimension Vincenti brings to the game.

Last edited:

CCFC54321

As per the thoughts of Robins and McNulty a massive blow for the team and the team is not the same without him. Most of what he does goes unnoticed by the fans.

Or

A blessing in disguise as it forces Robins to pick someone with more pace such as DKE changing the dimension of the attack/counter attack. Also although he doesn’t always win the headers over time will it reduce the temptation by us to play long ball. (Although it didn’t yesterday)
Blessing in disguise.

johnwillomagic

Feel a bit sorry for Vincenti convinced there is a good player there and not convinced out wide is where he should be.
However think due to where he is being played currently may be blessing in disguise if we get a natural wide man in!

Grendel

Kelly Evans generally has little pace anyway - I hope we get a better wide player on loan

The biggest change has been getting Haynes out the team and stokes back.

gspotgaz

Just about sums our season up injury wise. Best vincenti performance all season (Wycombe).... then gets a 4 month injury.

Having said that, he’s been poor the entire rest of the season but the alternative in DKE is perhaps even worse !

better days

Vincenti always tries 100% and never hides
If a player sticks religiously to the touchline you can be sure he's under management orders to do so
It's human nature to come looking for the ball
Vincenti does well in the right set up. When him and Jones were switching wings and mixing things up it brought out the best in both of them

oucho

Has it been confirmed he is ouy for 4 months?

Adge

Kelly Evans generally has little pace anyway - I hope we get a better wide player on loan

The biggest change has been getting Haynes out the team and stokes back.
Or even better-out of the club.

dongonzalos

Feel a bit sorry for Vincenti convinced there is a good player there and not convinced out wide is where he should be.
However think due to where he is being played currently may be blessing in disguise if we get a natural wide man in!

Very bizzare to see him out wide

Samo

Is Vincenti out for a bit then?

Nick

Administrator
I don't think he is as bad as some make out, you could notice when he went off injured as the game completely changed.

Still annoyed we didn't even get a foul for that challenge.

Adge

The better option now we have seen DKE surely?

fatso

I don't think he is as bad as some make out, you could notice when he went off injured as the game completely changed.

Still annoyed we didn't even get a foul for that challenge.
His only useful attribute is his height, which says a lot about the quality of this league.

Otis

I think we need to be looking to move DKE on unfortunately.

There were big cheers when on the couple of occasions he got the best of their big left back, but on all the other occasions the full back easily got the better of him.

I think his worst attribute is that every time he gets the ball his first notion is to pass the ball sideways or back and not forwards.

If you watch Shipley on the other side, his first thought is to try and move the ball forwards more often than not.

DKE doesn't take players on or try and get round the back of defenders and his first touch isn't great either.

Esoterica

I think we need to be looking to move DKE on unfortunately.

There were big cheers when on the couple of occasions he got the best of their big left back, but on all the other occasions the full back easily got the better of him.

I think his worst attribute is that every time he gets the ball his first notion is to pass the ball sideways or back and not forwards.

If you watch Shipley on the other side, his first thought is to try and move the ball forwards more often than not.

DKE doesn't take players on or try and get round the back of defenders and his first touch isn't great either.
I try and see the positives in all our players and have backed Vincenti, McNulty and Biamou because I could see there's a player that can do a job under the right circumstances but with Dev K-E I just don't see it. Not enough pace or trickery as a winger, too slight to play in a midfield pair, not incisive or creative enough to play as a number 10. He shanked at least 3 shots yesterday from angles he should have hit the target from. It's a pity, I'd like him to succeed and his debut goal was one of my favourite moments of recent seasons but he just doesn't seem to have a niche even in a L2 midfield ravaged by injury. Already 21 years old too - would say the best for him would be to drop a league and play every week at this point.

superskyblue

I try and see the positives in all our players and have backed Vincenti, McNulty and Biamou because I could see there's a player that can do a job under the right circumstances but with Dev K-E I just don't see it. Not enough pace or trickery as a winger, too slight to play in a midfield pair, not incisive or creative enough to play as a number 10. He shanked at least 3 shots yesterday from angles he should have hit the target from. It's a pity, I'd like him to succeed and his debut goal was one of my favourite moments of recent seasons but he just doesn't seem to have a niche even in a L2 midfield ravaged by injury. Already 21 years old too - would say the best for him would be to drop a league and play every week at this point.
I started writing something very similar earlier but got waylaid. Echo my thoughts on him exactly. Shame as he's a definite trier but not good enough for us in my opinion.

Grendel

I think he will probably have a reasonable career in the lower leagues. He has work to do but I think if he’s played in a position behind the front two he will do ok.

Otis

I think he will probably have a reasonable career in the lower leagues. He has work to do but I think if he’s played in a position behind the front two he will do ok.
Would be interesting to see him there. I do think though that he may well end up in non-league football.

Mucca Mad Boys

If it is a pacey creative winger who does that job well enough.
Would you count that as a blessing or do you prefer unusual dimension Vincenti brings to the game.

If there was an award for describing what players 'we need' in the vaguest possible fashion, you'd win hands down. I suppose we also need a striker 'who can score goals' too?

Grendel

If there was an award for describing what players 'we need' in the vaguest possible fashion, you'd win hands down. I suppose we also need a striker 'who can score goals' too?

Also a poster who admits when he’s wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread