Villa manager sacked (1 Viewer)

procdoc

No surprise that Alex McLeish has been sacked after a terrible season. Makes me wonder why they appointed him in the first place, having just took Villa's bitter rivals down. It was a recipe for disaster from the start!

Brighton Sky Blue

They did this with O'Leary a few years ago. Just when a manager looks like he's finally going to take them down, they get rid of him-it's not fair :mad:

kg82

Very Sad News

Villa have parted company with Alex McLeish. I find it only right that, as Coventry fans, it is our duty to try and encourage the right man to step forward for the job. In my opinion, Mr Aidy Boothroyd would be perfect!

Grendel

This is a worry - do you think they'll head hunt Thorn?

ccfc2011

No surprise that Alex McLeish has been sacked after a terrible season.

wingy

Poor on the Pitch ,Poor in the boardroom ,spot any similarities ,the inertia from the moment MON walked speaks volumes.

procdoc

Thorn for Villa!!!

If they can't afford him, the next best thing (although a decent manager) Hughton? Piss off the Brummies a second season running? Would be good but I think he'd do well in the prem
I don't think even the villa board would be daft enough to give the job to the current brum manger for the second season running!

Covstu

I think he was doomed from The appointment when the protests started. Still cannot understand wha they were thinking getting him from brum?

CJparker

It should be Martinez next for them - he turned them down last year and has done well for Wigan again - he's earned the right move onwards and upwards
(although Wigan finished higher than Villa in the final table!)

lordsummerisle

Not even taking bets on Paddy Power now, was 9-1 when i posted about it first, right down to 5/8 around 5, and closed it totally now.

lordsummerisle

Got to laugh when Molde preferred to Rot!

Was gutted the other day that I wasn't in time to put any money on, would have put loads on, thank God I didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread