Video capture software (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Hi all,

I'm in the process of recording a load of football videos onto DVD, which I'd then like to stick on youtube and the like.

I've just erm obtained Snagit 10, only to find that there's a core bug with Snagit in that it doesn't record the audio from a SigmaTel internal device.

So...please can someone suggest software that I can use to easily capture what's playing on my laptop screen? There's a right mish-mash of footage, so I need to be able to capture just a few seconds at a time.

Cheers!

Otis

Cool. What do you do on Power Director?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :D

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I use Sony Vegas Pro 9.0. Also Adobe After Effects CS5. Both of these are used by the professionals but can be used for the easier stuff if you're not used to editing etc.
Sony Pro is around £400 and Adobe After Effects is around the £600 - £700 mark.
But if you just want to YouTube stuff - Windows own program, Movie Maker. It's free. ;)

Otis

I've got Vegas too. Find PD more user friendly. It's really good and does everything I want to do with it.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I struggled with the interface at first Otis but then with persistence and perserverence I think I've pretty much mastered it now.

Otis

Yeah. It does look really good for sure. not so sure my computer is fast enough to run it properly mind.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Thanks for the imput guys. I've gone for Power Director 10 for the moment (though the Hauppauge PVR does look good...).

First effort can be found here - http://youtu.be/lO-AZ6mgp_w

It was the first highlights on the tape, nothing to do with the recent 'hilarious' banter between the Mackems and us... :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread