very slow site (1 Viewer)

thorninmyside

can nayone tell me why my computer is so slow on this site only? im on very fast broadband and vista. no problems on any other site, but every time i visit here its a snails pace.. help

Marty

no problems at all. Fast internet and on Vista using Google Chrome

Oz Howie

Has been slowed down by all the time it takes the Facebook link to load. Can I change a setting to stop this happening?

Oz Howie

No Nick at the bottom of the page I get the message - waiting for http//www.skybluestalk.co .uk then thread or facebook or loading picture etc. Also get this as I change each page on a particular thread so very annoying as the 'hang time is in the region of 8 - 10 seconds. This is the only slow sight where this seems to happen so unlikely to be a connection or provider issue.

Nick

Administrator
Could you try it in something like Chrome? Is the twitter part the ones in the posts? What speed internet do you have?

Oz Howie

Yes could switch to chrome - maybe should have already! The twitter issue comes as part of a post. Have the highest speed braodband available in Australia but it's via copper not fibre optics.

Oz Howie

Nick - just tried the site using my wife's Apple laptop and Firefox browser with no loading time issues encountered at all - had forgotten how quick the site was! Obviously a problem within my desktop PC. Will experiment with various changes and see if anything works. Thanks for you help.

Disorganised1

I think the problem may be within facebook - I also hung up there, and it hung my entire PC.

Users who are viewing this thread