Venezuela (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

Maduro has now banned opposition parties from standing in the 2018 election. Two selected quotes from this article:

"Venezuela has been mired in a worsening economic crisis characterised by shortages of basic goods and soaring inflation."

"Supporters of Mr Maduro say his party has lifted many people out of poverty"

Venezuela opposition banned from election

I'm not one for hyperbole, however I fear for this country too should Corbyn and McDonnell get elected. It took Venezuela 15+ years to get to this - I'm not saying it will happen immediately, although the seeds will be sown. Compare the things that Chavez said 15 years ago to what Corbyn says today.

Otis

Ha! Eleventy billion page thread coming up and this will still be being aggressively and hotly debated on Christmas Day, putting a kibosh up the festivities.

shmmeee

Maduro has now banned opposition parties from standing in the 2018 election. Two selected quotes from this article:

"Venezuela has been mired in a worsening economic crisis characterised by shortages of basic goods and soaring inflation."

"Supporters of Mr Maduro say his party has lifted many people out of poverty"

Venezuela opposition banned from election

I'm not one for hyperbole, however I fear for this country too should Corbyn and McDonnell get elected. It took Venezuela 15+ years to get to this - I'm not saying it will happen immediately, although the seeds will be sown. Compare the things that Chavez said 15 years ago to what Corbyn says today.

If you think the U.K. economy is anything like Venezuela’s then yes you are prone to hyperbole.

FFS that’s like saying I’m worried Theresa Mays authoritarian tendencies will end up like Saddam Hussain: it just reveals a huge lack of understanding on your part and is massively disrespectful to the victims of brutal regimes.

Get a grip.

mrtrench

If you think the U.K. economy is anything like Venezuela’s then yes you are prone to hyperbole.

FFS that’s like saying I’m worried Theresa Mays authoritarian tendencies will end up like Saddam Hussain: it just reveals a huge lack of understanding on your part and is massively disrespectful to the victims of brutal regimes.

Get a grip.

You got me; that's exactly what I wrote, almost verbatim. "The UK economy is identical to Venezuela's" is what I wrote and thanks to your insight I now stand corrected.

Otis

You got me; that's exactly what I wrote, almost verbatim. "The UK economy is identical to Venezuela's" is what I wrote and thanks to your insight I now stand corrected.
I read that right through thoroughly and cannot see it. Have you edited since?

Users who are viewing this thread