Vari focals (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Just got my first pair.
Evil bastards. I'm going to look like Marty Feldman by the end of the week

Any tips for taming these fuzzy bastards?

ovduk78

Just got my first pair.
Evil bastards. I'm going to look like Marty Feldman by the end of the week

Any tips for taming these fuzzy bastards?
Just stick with them and in a couple of days everything will be fine. Well except for trying to watch tv whilst lying down and looking through wrong part of lens!

skyblueinBaku

I tried them for a week, but gave up. Every time I turned my head everything in view seemed to oscillate; that would have been lethal when driving so I reverted to normal lenses.

RedSalmon

Be careful on the stairs, takes a while to get used them with vari focals. Apart from that I think they are great, just takes a while to get used to them, although I do use normal glasses for driving.

bezzer

I've had vari-focals for the past 10 years and once you (your brain) gets used to them, you'll be fine. I did find driving a bit weird at first as well as coming down stairs! But I know people who binned them after a few days as they couldn't get on with them. All I'd say is stick with it.

I now also have vari-focal contact lenses; longsighted lens in my right eye and shortsighted lens in my left. These took a lot longer to get used to, but now I wouldn't do without them.

clint van damme

I've had vari-focals for the past 10 years and once you (your brain) gets used to them, you'll be fine. I did find driving a bit weird at first as well as coming down stairs! But I know people who binned them after a few days as they couldn't get on with them. All I'd say is stick with it.

I now also have vari-focal contact lenses; longsighted lens in my right eye and shortsighted lens in my left. These took a lot longer to get used to, but now I wouldn't do without them.

I'm actually getting on alright with them after my initial struggle.
Even wore them to drive home. Struggling more with the short sighted bit of the lens but one advantage I did find it my posture when I'm sitting is terrible but it forced me to sit properly when I was on my computer at work because when I'm slouched it's difficult to use the reading bit of the lens.

olderskyblue

Last pair I had felt very weird, sight seemed far worse. I was told to give it a couple of days and I’d get used to them.

I gave them 30 minutes and went back. Seems they’d put the lenses in the wrong way. Left was right etc.

Once corrected, they were fine. 😁

lifeskyblue

Never really had a problem with varifocals and certainly wouldn’t be without them now. Only issue was first day I wore them I went for a drink and when the barmaid put the pint on the bar I made a grab for it....the glasses made it look like the bar was on a 60 degree slope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread