Vaping (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Vapers who like to let everybody know they vape should be flogged.

Also, people who don't even take it back. What's the point?

xcraigx

I can't see vaping being allowed on public transport, too many of the devices kick out strong smelling flavoured smoke and I can't see that being popular.

Johnnythespider

I can't see vaping being allowed on public transport, too many of the devices kick out strong smelling flavoured smoke and I can't see that being popular.
I'd take that over the smell some of the passengers give off

Nick

Administrator
I am all for it as a replacement for fags but it's becoming another ignorant habit. The school gates are like a frigging 80's disco in the morning. Quite frankly if you can't go 10 mins without inhaling something other than oxygen you have a serious problem

Oh yeah, you see people who can't seem to go anywhere or do anything without having it in their hand.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't stand ciggy smoke or vaping. As an ex-smoker I understand the crave for a ciggie, but those stinking, foul, cloud producing, smelly, vapour things are fecking disgusting! You can walk behind someone who is vaping and all you'll see is a pair of legs under a cloud of smoke/steam or whatever the feck it is! They STINK!!!! Are they some sort of status thing? Because it seems to me that anyone who vapes has to belong to some elite fucking group of prats who think they're something special! "Look at me! I'm vaping!" Wankers! And off they go. Mincing into the distance!

Mr Panda

I hate smoking but for some reason I feel more disgusted when I breathe in someone's second hand vapour, feels dirtier.

Offers no enhancement for non vapers so shouldn't be considered.

CovInEssex

Helped me quit cigarettes but I certainly feel privileged in respect of where I can vape. Don't think it will be long before smoking and vaping are reading from the same rule book.

Also can't stand those pricks that make massive clouds when they're around other people. The 'smoke' should still be treated as if it was cigarette smoke. (blow away from people, don't stand too close when talking and vaping, etc)

scottccfc

as a non smoker/vaper nothing worse then walking down the street or out the ground after a game and walking through peoples second hand "smoke" and the different aromas from all the vape machine.
To me they should be considered under the same bracket

Captain Dart

Reminds me of this..

robofcov

I have same opinion as CovinEssex help me quit the cigs after my heart attack in May, i am now vaping without nicotine so why do it you might ask , like most x smokers there are times when the temptation for a ciggie arises and after surviving one heart attack do i want to increase my chances of another by hitting the ciggies again ? no not really so few puffs on a vape sort it.
What i cant stand is having to go to a vape shop to buy juice etc not being able to see anybody in there and nearly reaching for my phone to dial 999 because i think the place is on fire. So treat it the same as smoking designated areas in public places.

SkyblueBazza

As I said before...vapes are useful to help stoppers. But at the end of the day, it is inhaling something concentrated (coz it contains nicotine at the very least) into your lungs. Below link is to merely the first at least fairly credible research.
The politicians are thinking about benefits in kind from the tobacco companies who know the vast majority don't stop - or simply return to smoking at some later stage. It is future £££ for them. Others persevere with the vapes...until the vape prices are too high (tobacco companies own the vape producers) then they switch back to the cheaper (but much more profitable) tobacco.
"E-cigarette vapor tied to changes in lung cells" - E-cigarette vapor tied to changes in lung cells

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have same opinion as CovinEssex help me quit the cigs after my heart attack in May, i am now vaping without nicotine so why do it you might ask , like most x smokers there are times when the temptation for a ciggie arises and after surviving one heart attack do i want to increase my chances of another by hitting the ciggies again ? no not really so few puffs on a vape sort it.
What i cant stand is having to go to a vape shop to buy juice etc not being able to see anybody in there and nearly reaching for my phone to dial 999 because i think the place is on fire. So treat it the same as smoking designated areas in public places.
I had my first heart attack 16 years ago followed 6 weeks later by a second, more severe one. I had a double heart bypass but still carried on smoking like a prat. After my 3rd heart attack in 2008, with which I had two stents inserted, I decided that was it! Pack it in! But I still had a 4th heart attack 18 months ago. Three more stents inserted. What I'm saying is, that by giving up totally is going to help but it doesn't always eradicate the problem.

Nick

Administrator
I had my first heart attack 16 years ago followed 6 weeks later by a second, more severe one. I had a double heart bypass but still carried on smoking like a prat. After my 3rd heart attack in 2008, with which I had two stents inserted, I decided that was it! Pack it in! But I still had a 4th heart attack 18 months ago. Three more stents inserted. What I'm saying is, that by giving up totally is going to help but it doesn't always eradicate the problem.
Have you ever thrown a kettle over a pub though?

Colin1883

Can't stand ciggy smoke or vaping. As an ex-smoker I understand the crave for a ciggie, but those stinking, foul, cloud producing, smelly, vapour things are fecking disgusting! You can walk behind someone who is vaping and all you'll see is a pair of legs under a cloud of smoke/steam or whatever the feck it is! They STINK!!!! Are they some sort of status thing? Because it seems to me that anyone who vapes has to belong to some elite fucking group of prats who think they're something special! "Look at me! I'm vaping!" Wankers! And off they go. Mincing into the distance!
Ok
Don't sit on the fence

Say what you think !!!!!!!!

Gazolba

Smoking and vaping both cause cancer, and it doesn't matter whether you are doing it or just breathing it in.
Do it in your own home (unless you have kids or pets) but nowhere else!

shmmeee

Smoking and vaping both cause cancer, and it doesn't matter whether you are doing it or just breathing it in.
Do it in your own home (unless you have kids or pets) but nowhere else!

I assume you also support banning burned food, coffee, alcohol, red meat, sitting down, etc etc etc in public.

Being anti-vaping exposes yourself as someone less interested in public health and more interested in being an authoritarian shit bag who just wants everyone to live by their rules.

And no, I don't vape.

Macca

I assume you also support banning burned food, coffee, alcohol, red meat, sitting down, etc etc etc in public.

Being anti-vaping exposes yourself as someone less interested in public health and more interested in being an authoritarian shit bag who just wants everyone to live by their rules.

And no, I don't vape.

Fair point but
Equally people who sit and blow a fog of shite from their mouths into your face exposes them as selfish shit bags who just wants everyone to live by their rules

It's about thinking of others. My issue with some vapers is that because it is less harmful it's ok to be anti social with it

Covstu

Agreed, if I walked up to someone and blew coffee breath or coughed in their face I am sure they would be revolted so why is blowing smoke any different?

Vaping is better than smoking (coming from a non smoker) but not right about pumping chemicals into your lungs, each to their own and all that.

I think if they make it more acceptable then doesn’t it restart the cigarette argument back up?

Users who are viewing this thread