USE IT OR LOSE IT !! (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

Now is the time for the Telegraph and all other local media outlets to nail there colours
to the mast . The message needs to be, get down the Ricoh and get behind your local
football club, while you still have the opportunity to do so.
I'm not talking about an opinion piece or a one off editorial, we need a sustained media
campaign.

Get something on the front page every day, get ex players on board, run a series of old
photos and news reports everyday, try to rekindle people's feelings for there grand old
Club. Stress to the people of Coventry & Warwickshire just how close they are to losing
there football club forever.

There is blame on all sides, everybody has there own ideas about who should carry the
can,but whatever people believe the fact is our club is on the brink. The people who are
in positions of power aren't going to save us, think we all know that by now don't we ! so
it's down to us fans to do it .

With the power of the media on our side we can get through this, with 20.000 plus at the
Ricoh every week we couldn't and wouldn't be ignored. Honestly think at the moment we
are looked at by all sides as pretty much "insignificant" and that is so sad.

Come on telegraph and CWR etc , get the message across before its to late .
It's your football club
USE IT OR LOSE IT !!

Nick

Administrator
This times a million! Spot on!

I'd love it to happen, but I just can't see it :(

I'd be willing to try and back anything like this 100%. Hopefully the trust will get on it!

Ian1779

No they are anti SISU , truth be known so am I but it's past that now, our football club
Is in grave danger and some thing has to be done .
The media carries great power , now is the time to use it. IMHO
Agree - but they don't seem able to distinguish between anti SISU and anti CCFC, all whilst keeping the vermin happy.

Skyblueweeman

Like Nick says, I cannot see it happening as great an idea as it is.

Certainly the CET wouldn't want to upset any particular rugby clubs or any elected representatives...

Nick

Administrator
The best way to say "screw you, we just love CCFC" is to have the stadium packed out with sky blue (or white now).

Matches is one of the only times city fans are together, I can be on here calling you a council loving queen all week but then on a Saturday I'll be hugging you and stuff when we score*

*I won't, it was just a generic example.

Ian1779

But how can supporting there local football club be construed as being anti wasps
I don't think it is per se, but it's more about positive news - are the CET going to support a CCFC positivity drive..?

Nick

Administrator
But how can supporting there local football club be construed as being anti wasps

Only one way to find out! :)

We need something like the march, everybody in sky blue, everybody at the ricoh for the city game.

We need to send a big fuck you to everybody apart from CCFC.

Brylowes

I don't think it is per se, but it's more about positive news - are the CET going to support a CCFC positivity drive..?
They have to , the people of Coventry need to be told if they don't get behind there
Football club, they ARE going to lose it .
And they need to keep being told.

chiefdave

Can't really see any comments on this thread that should upset Simon Gilbert or Keith Perry. Would be nice if they could lend their support to securing the future of the football club.

Brylowes

Nick sorry to be a pain but can it go back with the other threads as I logged back on
And couldn't find it for ages. Think people generally skip past the stickys, I know I do

Nick

Administrator
OK, We just need to make sure it is not forgotten.

Les Reid / Observer have said it would help.

I have sent the thread to some of the trust too!

Brylowes

OK, We just need to make sure it is not forgotten.

Les Reid / Observer have said it would help.

I have sent the thread to some of the trust too!
Ok cheers Nick, if nothing is done I really think we are finished, very worrying.

ccfchoi87

Brilliant idea. Always nice to see Simon and the local media outlet shoot the idea down as well. It's sad to see that people with such influence can be so anti sisu that they are now anti Ccfc as well.

Nick

Administrator
We just need to show it is about CCFC, and that as CCFC fans we aren't going to roll over.

It doesn't matter rolling over for who, instead of shouting sisu out, ccc out, wasps out we just cheer on ccfc.

Monners

See what the fixture list brings. A decent first home game would help, as in make it slightly more easier to persuade people to come. When was the last "Sky Blue Day" - last game at HR wasn't it? Time for another one,, this time organised by the fans

Nick

Administrator
See what the fixture list brings. A decent first home game would help, as in make it slightly more easier to persuade people to come. When was the last "Sky Blue Day" - last game at HR wasn't it? Time for another one,, this time organised by the fans

Totally agree.

Fill everywhere with sky blue, we could buy the ribboners some monster and get them to go on overdrive.

We could get stuff like this - $3 for 100 sky blue balloons.

Fill everywhere around the ground with Sky Blue.

Otis

Now is the time for the Telegraph and all other local media outlets to nail there colours
to the mast . The message needs to be, get down the Ricoh and get behind your local
football club, while you still have the opportunity to do so.
I'm not talking about an opinion piece or a one off editorial, we need a sustained media
campaign.

Get something on the front page every day, get ex players on board, run a series of old
photos and news reports everyday, try to rekindle people's feelings for there grand old
Club. Stress to the people of Coventry & Warwickshire just how close they are to losing
there football club forever.

There is blame on all sides, everybody has there own ideas about who should carry the
can,but whatever people believe the fact is our club is on the brink. The people who are
in positions of power aren't going to save us, think we all know that by now don't we ! so
it's down to us fans to do it .

With the power of the media on our side we can get through this, with 20.000 plus at the
Ricoh every week we couldn't and wouldn't be ignored. Honestly think at the moment we
are looked at by all sides as pretty much "insignificant" and that is so sad.

Come on telegraph and CWR etc , get the message across before its to late .
It's your football club
USE IT OR LOSE IT !!

Would also help if Tim Fisher went back under the rock he just suddenly popped out from. Let everything only come through Anderson and let's have him focus on the positives and the season ahead.

We have a really good season and things will look really rosy on the pitch at least. A great season obviously puts bums on seats.

We all dislike the owners, but let's just concentrate on getting the product right on the pitch and in the stands.

Let's turn up in numbers and show just how important this football club is to this city.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Brylowes

Fully agree. The campaign must be purely CCFC and none of this taking sides. We all have the common goal of wanting the best for our club.
Exactly, we would be much stronger and have more chance of succeeding
if we all sing from the same hymn sheet .
If we are divided as a fanbase , we will just get brushed aside and forgotten.

Nick

Administrator
Would also help if Tim Fisher went back under the rock he just suddenly popped out from. Let everything only come through Anderson and let's have him focus on the positives and the season ahead.
Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Wasn't he just at the SCG meeting?

I agree with the rest, we all need to get down there and support.

The Ricoh and surrounding area should be sky blue!

armybike

Brilliant idea. Always nice to see Simon and the local media outlet shoot the idea down as well. It's sad to see that people with such influence can be so anti sisu that they are now anti Ccfc as well.

Simon has said, over an hour and a half ago, the best route would be to directly contact CT Editor Keith Perry via [email protected] with idea but that's not been added here for some reason.

Nick

Administrator
Simon has said, over an hour and a half ago, the best route would be to directly contact CT Editor Keith Perry via [email protected] with idea but that's not been added here for some reason.
No comments on the actual thread content? How it's a good idea etc. Rather than just trying to be Simon's hero.

Yep, if you can click the time to get the link it will embed his tweet. I'm not at my computer so haven't yet.

What do you think to the actual idea of city fans sticking together?

Edit:

Last edited:

ccfchoi87

He did say that but he also pretty much dismissed the idea and by doing so he is pretty much proving that 'the cov tel is shit and loves wasps'.

Users who are viewing this thread