University of Warwick - Ccfc mentioned (1 Viewer)

jordan210

"The new proposed stadium for Coventry City Football Club (first announced last year) would be located alongside, and in addition to, the proposed eco park area.

It will be a green home for the Sky Blues drawing directly on the eco park’s ethos to be one of the UK’s greenest and most sustainable football stadia."

Sounds pretty good if it does come off. Hopefully will be a bit wacky looking and individual. again if it is ever built.

chiefdave

Irrespective of the chances of a stadium being built the Eco Park sounds great, will have to take a closer look at what is proposed.

Wonder if the Eco stadium idea is being floated in the hope of attracting grants to cover at least part of the cost. If the plan is to get someone else to pay for it that seems a longshot to say the least.

slowpoke

I was told recently and this has apparently come from someone at the Uni. that what will happen there is it will first become ccfcs training ground which will allow Ryton to be sold off which it can’t be until there’s a replacement in place.
Wether that eventually turns into a stadium being built who knows but I shan’t be holding my breath

CDK

Irrespective of the chances of a stadium being built the Eco Park sounds great, will have to take a closer look at what is proposed.

Wonder if the Eco stadium idea is being floated in the hope of attracting grants to cover at least part of the cost. If the plan is to get someone else to pay for it that seems a longshot to say the least.
The one hic cup on the horizon and will be looking about the club's plans to finance it and when those plans will be disclosed.

lifeskyblue

Agree. Whether or not the stadium actually get built the Eco Park will be an excellent facility for the university, students and most importantly the wider community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Marty

I work with the club on accommodation for away games and will be speaking to them about offsetting their carbon footprint for hotel stays/coach travel. I've partnered with a 3rd party to be able to offer this to the clubs I work with.

The council are on about putting in a tram service to the uni, so would be interesting to see if we can get all matchday travel off set and not just players/staff. Would need a big up take on public transport from the fans though.

Skyblueweeman

The council are on about putting in a tram service to the uni, so would be interesting to see if we can get all matchday travel off set and not just players/staff. Would need a big up take on public transport from the fans though.

To be fair, I only work on away games but I guess could look to extend the work I do further on this sustainability piece by working out how much it would cost to offset players/staff travel for home games.

It's actually relatively cheap to offset as well, a lot cheaper than I thought.

Happy_Martian

I thought it was ambitious enough when they suggested Arena 2000 would have a retractable roof and a sliding pitch but a floating Eco stadium is next level!

We'd have to be careful if someone of a more robust stature <insert player name to suit ;) > went on a sliding tackle down one side. The stadium could capsize :p

Skyblueweeman

When I lived in Portsmouth they had plans to build a stadium in the sea!

View attachment 20479

They were then going to go for a £600m on the outskirts on Horsea Island but that was canned.

They've just announced this week a £10m redevelopment of Fratton Park although it's not going to increase capacity that much from 19,700 to 'rise above 20,000' which makes it sound like it'll only just be over 20,000. More a modernisation than increasing capacity as such but think they'll be staying at FP for the forseeable.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Part of the Unis plans is two massive car parks, one right next to the area being talked about for the stadium which I would guess is where the junction with the new relief road will come out.

And isn’t the planed tram line going along the Kenilworth road too the university ?

chiefdave

They were then going to go for a £600m on the outskirts on Horsea Island but that was canned.

They've just announced this week a £10m redevelopment of Fratton Park although it's not going to increase capacity that much from 19,700 to 'rise above 20,000' which makes it sound like it'll only just be over 20,000. More a modernisation than increasing capacity as such but think they'll be staying at FP for the forseeable.
That was the one they were going to build on the landfill site wasn't it?

Fratton is their best option but they've shot themselves in the foot forcing the local council to allow a change of use so they could sell the land next to the ground to be a massive Tesco. Don't think they even got the money as it went to a property developer who 'helped' their trust takeover. That would have given them room to expand and modernise.

Users who are viewing this thread