Match Thread Under 23’s (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

I take it Hilsner’s breathing problem isn’t sorted yet but that doesn’t make him a poor player. When he’s fit and able let’s all give him a fair chance.

cc84cov

I take it Hilsner’s breathing problem isn’t sorted yet but that doesn’t make him a poor player. When he’s fit and able let’s all give him a fair chance.
Or he’s been flying in training and makes the squad for Wednesday ?

Last edited:

Frostie

Robins does have a strange way of keeping our players fit..... Biamou Baka etc

Got to get the balance right of development time for the youngsters with just playing those in/around the first team. If they played today they wouldn't exactly be in peak condition for a game in 2 days time either.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Currently 0-1.

Confused though cos teamsheet didn't have Bremang anywhere on it, but he's apparently just had a goal dissallowed?

EDIT: Seem to have sussed it. Website has Bremang playing, Twitter team had Thompson

Last edited:

KenilworthSkyBlue

Any idea why he's fallen out of favour again?

At a guess, loss of patience.

I think after nearly two and a half years of Robins trying to mould him into the player he wants him to be, and telling him to use his attributes more etc, he's just given up. He hasn't really developed his game during his time with us so it had to come at some point.

fernandopartridge

At a guess, loss of patience.

I think after nearly two and a half years of Robins trying to mould him into the player he wants him to be, and telling him to use his attributes more etc, he's just given up. He hasn't really developed his game during his time with us so it had to come at some point.

Hmm, I have speculated in the past about whether or not instinct can be coached, there are a lot of things that he doesn't do because his instincts just don't seem to tell him to

KenilworthSkyBlue

Hmm, I have speculated in the past about whether or not instinct can be coached, there are a lot of things that he doesn't do because his instincts just don't seem to tell him to

I've also heard that whilst he tries, Bakayoko isn't particular the best listener. Not from Robins to be fair but from a few within the club. But having spoken to Robins previously about what he looks for in players, he favours those who can do exactly what he tells them to without having to essentially walk them through things step-by-step. Funnily enough he mentioned Jordan Ponticelli was a particular favourite for this very reason.

Given that Bakayoko seems to completely lack a footballing brain I suspect coaching him is a nightmare, as he clearly neither retains or executes anything drilled into him during training. So, loss of patience seems to be the most logical explanation at the minute.

Philosorapter

Instinct is a learned process. You see it all the time in lightning chess matches.

Philosorapter

you need a level of intelligence to learn
we are talking natural instinct. Some footballers are thick as 2 short ones, but have amazing natural instinct

I don't think it has to do with intelligence but with knowing the correct heuristics to follow.

Yes, some people have a natural talent for this.

Philosorapter

This is the one.

Analysis paralysis is a critical problem in athletics. It can be explained in simple terms as "failure to react in response to overthought". A victim of sporting analysis paralysis will frequently think in complicated terms of "what to do next" while contemplating the variety of possibilities, and in doing so exhausts the available time in which to act.

higgs

Pask should surely be getting a game at right back why rush dacosta back when he wasn't fully fit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skybluebeliever

Very strange even with 9 subs he
Pask looks like he’s totally out of favour also. Thompson is ahead of him by the looks of it.
yes think Pask. Kastaneer , Bako and Hilßner are surplus and will probably look to move on in January to free up money to bring a new face in , Max could be included in this once Godden recovers

87 n all that

yes think Pask. Kastaneer , Bako and Hilßner are surplus and will probably look to move on in January to free up money to bring a new face in , Max could be included in this once Godden recovers
I think the same. Pask was bought as a player who could play rb/ch/dm (not rwb as referred to in a prior post earlier- no offence intended). It’s just bad new that 1/5 or 1/6 of our potential squad isn’t going to be effectual for us when we are already struggling. So many of our first 11 or 18th aren’t good enough but we’ve got to make use of every player until jan. big 6 weeks ahead. Half the points would be nice

Skybluebeliever

The other one is jack Burroughs in pre season he featured in nearly all the games , I understand Dabo and de costa were injured at the time but he has not been near the squad
I’m unsure of his best position though so this could be the reason

87 n all that

The other one is jack Burroughs in pre season he featured in nearly all the games , I understand Dabo and de costa were injured at the time but he has not been near the squad
I’m unsure of his best position though so this could be the reason
Burroughs and Blaine Rowe both looked good from what I saw and was expecting at least one to be regularly on the bench with our rb issues. Oh well, guess they’re not ready in MRS eyes. One player needs to make the transition this season (I know we have a record of doing this in the lower leagues) but one of the aforementioned or bapaga needs to break through (I know bapaga is on the bench) but I mean regular sub apps and get in

stevefloyd

Just think how much wages we would free up

Users who are viewing this thread