U23's Match at Ricoh (1 Viewer)

aloisiwouldhavescored

Thinking of going to U23's match v Burnley at Ricoh tomorrow. Not been to one there before, can anyone give us details, where do you go in, which stand is open, where to park etc.
Many thanks.

better days

There is info on the club website saying entry is free via Ricoh main entrance and parking is free but doesn't say which car park
I'll turn up tomorrow and aim to park in A or B

torchomatic

My wife and my lad are going, they've been before. Main stand open, free parking in Car Park A.

Magwitch

Interesting change using Ricoh for what is a reserve match as I thought deal for using Ricoh was first team only. I know Higgs is under a bit of development and perhaps not usable but I assume we’d have to pay to use Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
Interesting change using Ricoh for what is a reserve match as I thought deal for using Ricoh was first team only. I know Higgs is under a bit of development and perhaps not usable but I assume we’d have to pay to use Ricoh.
We would

pusbccfc

I'm surprised they haven't put a charge on it today.

torchomatic

My lad and wife are going. he just sent me a text to say Jodi Jones is in the team!

ccfcway

JCH must be delighted he signed that contract with us. Now pretty much 3rd choice for one space up top

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Don’t they have to by league rules play so many games a season at the clubs main ground?

I think it's five a season at first team ground. So you'd imagine we'd want to do it before the rugby starts and when the weather is likely to be half decent to protect the pitch. Also to get a decent crowd you'd want August games cos the kids are off school so parents might take them up and new players get run-outs and people are curious to see them. Probably last home game of the season too.

Thought they might've charged £2-5 quid to cover costs but can't complain at a freebie! Maybe they can't charge more than they would at the Higgs, which I imagine they'd have to do for free

torchomatic

Get him on his phone commentating :)

It'll be my turn in a couple of weeks, 3rd Sept, I think, we're playing at the Higgs, so I'm looking forward to that. I used to like going to the old Central League games at HR.

torchomatic

To cap it all Jones is captain.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Jones and allesani each side sounds good

Yep. With JCH hopefully someone who can hopefully hold up the ball to bring them into play and get onto stuff in the area. Be interesting to find out how it works out, but I imagine Jones will play 60mins tops.

Garryb80

Rul
Rules state a certain amount of games have to played at the main first team stadium

torchomatic

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not sure about Jones as a captain though. For me flair players don't need the burden of having to sort things out - just let them do their stuff. Defenders/defensive midfielders for me should ideally be captains - they tend to be have the game in front of them so can observe more and have to think more about their positional play and movement of the opposition.

I usually find strikers as captains are just another way of stroking their (usually already massively over-inflated) egos.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maybe so, but if the point is to prepare for first team football it should be approached with the same level of professionalism IMO.

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe gives an insight into what other formations we want to give a whirl when Jones gets back to full fitness.

vow

Anyone else slightly concerned re. JJ starting a match?
I am as I feel it's still too soon, however the professionals at the club know more than me.

Saying all that, proud for him being named Captain.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And having a wide player who just so happens to be more experienced than every other player by a mile other than maybe JCH is deemed as unprofessional?

Decent point in terms of experience, but has JJ ever come across to you as a 'leader' in the sense of organising etc? Not for me. Plus coming back form injury I just don't think it's something we need to be doing. We should just be telling him to concentrate on his own game and fitness.

Users who are viewing this thread