U23 v Birmingham (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

I assume most will be with the first team tomorrow!

speedie87

And you can tell that after less than half hour played? I hear Barca are looking for a new scout, maybe you should apply.

Stevie wonder could see the gulf in the standard of player. Not saying they won’t in the future just done of them are ready now. A few years back Madison , Stevenson and Harries always looked a class above in u23 non of these do

skybluegod

Stevie wonder could see the gulf in the standard of player. Not saying they won’t in the future just done of them are ready now. A few years back Madison , Stevenson and Harries always looked a class above in u23 non of these do
Harries and Stevenson?

Stevenson who dropped back to the u23's?
Harries who still hasn't made it out of the u23's?

In reality you don't know. The only people that do are Farndon and the coaching staff. Everyone raved about Camwell 2 years ago after one senior game and now 2 years later he doesn't start for the u23's regularly. I don't disagree they aren't ready, but I would expect Ngandu and Burroughs to be two to break through next season at least in pre-season. Mccallum has already been in the first team and done okay? Eccles will be looking to push into he first team too. You are judging them off one game...

speedie87

Harries and Stevenson?

Stevenson who dropped back to the u23's?
Harries who still hasn't made it out of the u23's?

In reality you don't know. The only people that do are Farndon and the coaching staff. Everyone raved about Camwell 2 years ago after one senior game and now 2 years later he doesn't start for the u23's regularly. I don't disagree they aren't ready, but I would expect Ngandu and Burroughs to be two to break through next season at least in pre-season. Mccallum has already been in the first team and done okay? Eccles will be looking to push into he first team too. You are judging them off one game...

Yeah your right players who look too good at u23 still often don’t make it. But when people say why don’t we play x or y it’s normally because they aren’t ready. George Thomas and ponti looked like should be given chances when in u23 too.

Based on about 5 u23 game this season in the flesh and a couple online not just one half.

Otis

Thought the word from inside the club was that Jack Burroughs was very close to being selected for the first team.

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

My mate was there working for blues and said we were comfortably the better team. Saw both Camwell & McCallum were in the starting XI so asked where the other was playing. He said he played at the base of the diamond and was very impressive, wonder if that could be his avenue going forwards. (He May have done this more regularly and I’ve just missed it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianCCFC

My mate was there working for blues and said we were comfortably the better team. Saw both Camwell & McCallum were in the starting XI so asked where the other was playing. He said he played at the base of the diamond and was very impressive, wonder if that could be his avenue going forwards. (He May have done this more regularly and I’ve just missed it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who played midfield

Terry Gibson's perm

He did indeed but when he played for England under 21's he looked shear class but sadly never looked the same at senior level

He played better as a centre half and in current football he would have played there as he wasn’t mobile enough for a modern full back and his end product not good enough

Users who are viewing this thread