U23 game live against Sheff United (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Might have to pay but if you’re working from home and bored.

Frostie

Interesting that no Godden after Robins saying he planned to give him minutes. Just hope that means he's doing better than expected & not that he's had a setback.

shmmeee

I know we’ve got a few fitness bods on here.

What’s the advantage of not giving players short of match sharpness like Godden, Dabo, Marosi and Kelly a game in the U23s? Is the rest worth more?

Robins seemed to suggest earlier we didn’t have enough U23 games and he’s having to play them fit, yet doesn’t use a free mid week game to get some minutes into them. Too soon after Saturday?

Nick

Administrator
Bit pointless really, same with players like bakayoko or gyo who havent been playing. Get them playing in this for a bit of match fitness.

It's never been used properly for things like that

Reactions: AOM

KenilworthSkyBlue

I know we’ve got a few fitness bods on here.

What’s the advantage of not giving players short of match sharpness like Godden, Dabo, Marosi and Kelly a game in the U23s? Is the rest worth more?

Robins seemed to suggest earlier we didn’t have enough U23 games and he’s having to play them fit, yet doesn’t use a free mid week game to get some minutes into them. Too soon after Saturday?

I've often thought this. Perhaps Robins believes that U23 games are an unnecessary risk for key players - and would therefore rather risk them in league games.

SBAndy

I've often thought this. Perhaps Robins believes that U23 games are an unnecessary risk for key players - and would therefore rather risk them in league games.

But there’s key players and then there’s someone like Sheaf who’s barely got on the pitch for weeks now. Give them some game time so I’m the event of having to play them they are ready.

AOM

Bit pointless really, same with players like bakayoko or gyo who havent been playing. Get them playing in this for a bit of match fitness.

It's never been used properly for things like that

Yep, and then when we ever need to call on these players, it takes them a few first team games to get match fit/sharp and they're ineffective until then.

Wonder if they're protecting the players from testing positive for Covid as well?

Sky Blue Harry H

Less purchases now Godden not playing?!
If Sheff Utd buy either O'Hare or Hamer, I'm blaming anyone who subscribes !!

Nick

Administrator
I get the feeling Robins doesn't rate the u23 matches as being a worthwhile risk. They're not exactly high intensity

Surely thats better for players returning from injury though? Rather than throw them in a high intensity game to start with and risk the injury happening again.

chiefdave

When the old reserve league was sacked off was there any reason given? Always seemed better than the U23s that replaced it. Added bonus that they played the games at night so you could actually go and watch them rather than relying on the clubs twitter feed.

rexo87

Last 15 mins with 10 men were very good. Eccles absolutely bossing it - reading of the game is top drawer. Jobello looking better than a few weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread