U21 game off! (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Today's under 21 game is off at Sixfields as pitch is waterlogged.
Doesn't look good for tomorrow's Bradford game then?

letsallsingtogether

It will be alright they can remove some of the refuge and hope it all drains away.

Seriously thou will be a good thing as we can't play in those conditions as Saturday showed. We don't have anyone who can head a ball and you can't play proper football on that sort of pitch, only any good for hoofing football and as the Bradford game at there place showed they are pretty good at that.

Hobo

looks even worse for Saturday;s Bradford game

Yeah you are right it is Saturday. The problem with not going to Sixfields, no need to check the date.

A lot of rain forecast so I still think it will be in doubt.

Hobo

Don't play U21 games at Sixfields! LOL!

Try reading Coventry City website news clearly states u21's at Sixfields lol
SISU run a good news service for the fans lol

RFC

Try reading Coventry City website news clearly states u21's at Sixfields lol
SISU run a good news service for the fans lol

Sorry 'Hobo' hadn't looked but they've been playing at Nuneaton, not aware that they'd played any of these games at Sixfields.

letsallsingtogether

Shocker playing u21 games at your beloved Shitfields the scoundrels.:D

Sorry 'Hobo' hadn't looked but they've been playing at Nuneaton, not aware that they'd played any of these games at Sixfields.

Hobo

It wouldn't surprise me if it is at Nuneaton, who knows? Everything seems sloppy around the club, it's hard to have confidence in anything connected to the club.

Back to Sixfields, if it is like my allotment if you stick a fork in to drain water off more comes up out of the ground. The ground is full at the moment. So unless a pitch has a great drainage system any groundsman will struggle.

Pitches could be our biggest opponents now until the end of the season.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Why dont Coventry city play the u21 game at Ricoh Arena?

it seems games can be arranged at short notice and Im sure no charge would be laid by ACL

Makes total sense to me.

Why dont Coventry city play first team games at Ricoh Arena?

Makes total sense to me.

Playing in Coventry representative games in Northampton makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE IN ANY RESPECTS.

SISU do the RIGHT THING stop this COMPLETE RUBBISH.

lordsummerisle

A predictable fixture pileup beckons as several posters have forecast since the move to Sixfield cowshed.:thinking about:

15 out of 24 League one clubs have played the same amount of games or less than us.

Probably not all League One teams got to play in the third or fourth round of the FA Cup either.

Are there 15 teams playing at Sixfields? Or were we due to play them all at Sixfields in a short amount of time?

However the new ground planned for the Somerset Levels probably not a great idea.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

move all games to RICOH. Fans , Football League , ACL, the general football community would be delighted.

Pay off Northampton with the increased proceeds of crowd revenue.

NO-ONE would have any objection, ONLY SISU and there is the WHOLE PROBLEM. They dont care and have other AGENDA.

wingy

15 out of 24 League one clubs have played the same amount of games or less than us.

Probably not all League One teams got to play in the third or fourth round of the FA Cup either.

Are there 15 teams playing at Sixfields? Or were we due to play them all at Sixfields in a short amount of time?

However the new ground planned for the Somerset Levels probably not a great idea.

Thinking of that " Coventry's a bit of a Shithole", thread the other week, I'm relieved we don't live next to the Water at the moment.

RFC

It wouldn't surprise me if it is at Nuneaton, who knows? Everything seems sloppy around the club, it's hard to have confidence in anything connected to the club.

Back to Sixfields, if it is like my allotment if you stick a fork in to drain water off more comes up out of the ground. The ground is full at the moment. So unless a pitch has a great drainage system any groundsman will struggle.

Pitches could be our biggest opponents now until the end of the season.

Totally agree, unless the weather changes dramatically I can't see the game going ahead on Saturday. As March looms we also face having to play 8 games in 27 days.

Astute

How about the paint pot or league cup. We went out very early if you remember. And it only takes one team to be playing a cup game for both teams not to play.

wingy

Probably won't be any CCFC games for a couple of weeks at least....So much for building on rubbish grounds.

Contaminated Ground Is fine ,but on top of a refuse site,well in the words of those canny Scottish popsters of the 80's Hue and Cry " I refuse I refuse".

duffer

I'm a bit confused here - this game was supposed to be at Sixfields, right?

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/f...home_game_venues_announced_822672/index.shtml

As are some others there. All politics aside, given the already poor state of the pitch wouldn't it make sense to move all of our U21 fixtures somewhere other than Sixfields?

(I know where there's a decent ground available. Naughty thought - what if one of our U21 opponents rented the Ricoh as their 'home' ground for a fixture against us.) ;)

skyblue1991

move all games to RICOH. Fans , Football League , ACL, the general football community would be delighted.

Pay off Northampton with the increased proceeds of crowd revenue.

NO-ONE would have any objection, ONLY SISU and there is the WHOLE PROBLEM. They dont care and have other AGENDA.

Sorry But the FL and ACL are also equally responsible as SISU as to why we are in Northampton.

Stop laying into SISU for a moment, take a step back and look from a neutral point of view.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Sorry But the FL and ACL are also equally responsible as SISU as to why we are in Northampton.

Stop laying into SISU for a moment, take a step back and look from a neutral point of view.

We used to play at RIcoh arena and now we dont. There was a contractural agreement in place to play there and also home city.

There is only one organisation for responsible for this and that is SISU. They broke contract and left.

skyblue1991

We used to play at RIcoh arena and now we dont. There was a contractural agreement in place to play there and also home city.

There is only one organisation for responsible for this and that is SISU. They broke contract and left.

We had the chance to return after it was broken and ACL refused to sign the CVA to do so. For whatever benefit nobody knows.

They also filed the club for administration mid-season when it could have been done in the summer, thus messing up our play-off challenge.

skybluetony176

You could argue that they are part of the problem as to why we went to Northampton, a very week argument in my opinion.

But they aren't part of the problem as to why we are still there and look likely to continue to be there next season too.

ACL made a good offer through the FL putting a clear stake in the ground to start negotiations on terms for a return. What did Sisu do. Deny any such offer had been made until it was so clear that could no longer deny it. So Labobitch spouts a load of nonsense on the radio in an effort to try and prove staying in a Northampton shed playing to a non league size crowd makes more sense. Which off course it doesn't.

So clearly the blame for why we are currently in Northampton falls at Sisu's door and Sisu's door alone. Only an idiot would think differently. Grendull and RFC, that's your que

skybluelee

Posts like this make me so angry. You seriously believe ACL are EQUALLY as responsible as SISU? They had no justification whatsoever for moving the club to Northampton and by doing so proved that they couldn't give a flying fuck about the supporters. If they wanted to build a new stadium, fine, but they had an absolute duty to keep the club at the Ricoh whilst they built it.

I agree the FL are just as guilty as SISU. They are supposed to uphold the traditions and heritage of the game yet they stood aside and allowed SISU to do whatever the fuck they wanted with our club despite the fact that any sensible, rational human being could see the tactic was to distress ACL.

torchomatic

It's on Saturday.

torchomatic

Well, at least we'll have everyone on here in raptures because another game at Shitfields has been postponed. Something to look forward to on Saturday afternoon.

it would be If the weather was better.

wingy

Well, at least we'll have everyone on here in raptures because another game at Shitfields has been postponed. Something to look forward to on Saturday afternoon.

Think i'll get down the Butts assuming they get that one on ,Not so critical about the surface with the Egg chasers.

Users who are viewing this thread