Tyson Fury (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Not a bad fight, thought it got stopped early

Tyson looks a really good fighter. I've seen all of his matches and it's good to see him up against some real boxers now instead of Journeymen. Thought he was one to watch way back when I first saw him. Will he ever be as good as Klitchcko's though? I doubt it.

I am a bit concerned, as with most British heavies past and present, that TG despite his enormous physical advantages ie 18 stone and 6' 8" does not really punch his weight as he should when compared to most of the USA heavies.

Possible exception is Lennox who laid a few out with devastating shots.

I also like TG and he is still only 23 with plenty to learn and as most heavies reach boxing maturity in their mid/late thirties he could if kept out of trouble have a long career ahead.

PUSB

TF you mean :facepalm:. Having watched all of his fights I have to disagree. He is a young fighter going into fights to build experience. In his first few fights he banged them out pretty quick, but now he is looking for ringtime and boxing. I think he has only gone the distance once so far in his career. This is down to his abitility to punch hard, real hard.

Sorry Rich geting my TF (Tyson Fury) mixed up with TG (TYson Gay - athlete)

I agree with what you say and providing he's not rushed and mismatched (in the case of the Klitchkos) he should dominate what is a piss poor heavyweight division.

I can't believe that the yanks have almost given up providing any credible opposition compared to 5/10/15 years ago - the lucrative rewards are still there so where are the budding Tysons, Holifields etc - it really does puxzzle me.

PUSB

Il Pirata

I am a bit concerned, as with most British heavies past and present, that TG despite his enormous physical advantages ie 18 stone and 6' 8" does not really punch his weight as he should when compared to most of the USA heavies.

Possible exception is Lennox who laid a few out with devastating shots.
So basically those of African origin are heavier hitters, 'tis what you're saying?

The US heavyweight division is full of chumps now, anyway.

il Pirata,

No that's not what I am saying - I just think the boxing style is different as in more offensive with big combinations and mighty clumps whereas us Brits tend to rely on the classic British "jab"and tendency to box for a points result.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread