Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Agreed apparantly, date and venue to be confirmed... Who you got, I'm going Fury comfortable points victory IMG_20210316_163615.png

D

Deleted member 11652

50/50 fight. AJ on points I think will be my bet. Should get half decent odds on it.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

By all accounts Fury is back on the drink and not training. If it's just social media rubbish and false info, I reckon he'll win.
That came out just before the announcement of the agreement. Definitely mind games

fury to win the first fight on points, AJ to win second fight by KO. fury retires and AJ goes on to fight new WBO champ Usyk

LastGarrison

Fury is the MUCH more superior boxer, has better footwork, head movement, hand speed and variety of punches.

Fury completely out boxes Joshua and wins easily on points if not stopping him late on.

Randomly was having this exact same conversation with a mate on Friday night and have had a straight £50 bet with him.

Easy money.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I see why Fury is the favourite after he absolutely mauled Wilder but i'm not convinced it'll be quite as one-sided as alot of people think. Whoever wins it's fantastic to have all the marbles being contested by two brits

Evo1883

Yea Fury is the better boxer for sure... Boxing only takes one outrageous punch though.

Fury should win, if he remains professional for 12 rounds

LastGarrison

I see why Fury is the favourite after he absolutely mauled Wilder but i'm not convinced it'll be quite as one-sided as alot of people think. Whoever wins it's fantastic to have all the marbles being contested by two brits
I completely agree about having two Brits at the top of the profession and personally I am far from a Joshua hater but I have not felt as confident about a winner in a big fight as this for a long time.

I’m actually hoping that a weight of money comes for Joshua so Fury’s odds lengthen so I can get a few quid on Fury. I’m beginning to think that come fight night the bookies may even have it as a 50/50 fight. Which in my opinion it isn’t.

CCFCSteve

Always felt this is a proper 50/50 (although might slightly lean towards Fury if pushed). While I think AJ could potentially get knocked out by Wilder (eventually one of his wild swings would clip him), I think he puts up a far better fight against Fury than Wilder did. Straighter and better mix of punches, also bigger and stronger than Wilder.

Either way, can’t wait !!!!

D

Deleted member 11652

Always felt this is a proper 50/50 (although might slightly lean towards Fury if pushed). While I think AJ could potentially get knocked out by Wilder (eventually one of his wild swings would clip him), I think he puts up a far better fight against Fury than Wilder did. Straighter and better mix of punches, also bigger and stronger than Wilder.

Either way, can’t wait !!!!

I agree Wilder wouldn’t have been a good stylistic match up for AJ.

Definitely a 50/50 fight which is why I’ll be backing the under dog.

Fury is ridiculously overrated in my opinion. Since his win over Klit he’s probably had one good performance yet lauded as a great.

I completely agree about having two Brits at the top of the profession and personally I am far from a Joshua hater but I have not felt as confident about a winner in a big fight as this for a long time.

I’m actually hoping that a weight of money comes for Joshua so Fury’s odds lengthen so I can get a few quid on Fury. I’m beginning to think that come fight night the bookies may even have it as a 50/50 fight. Which in my opinion it isn’t.

I'm tempted to bet on Joshua if the odds are enticing enough, personally I probably lean towards Fury winning it, but I don't see it as clearly as you do. Fingers crossed we get to see it and that we get a really, really good contest however it plays out. Joshua has showed a far more cautious approach in some of his fights (i'm thinking Ruiz II and Parker) so it could potentially become a bit of a chess match. However, Fury showed that if he decides he has the better of his opponent he is more than willing to go and smash him to bits (Wilder 2).

I can't wait!!

This should be staged in England.....but what odds the greedy cunts go to Saudi.
If i were getting in the ring with somebody that could legitimately kill me that evening i think i'd follow the money too. Staging it in England will depend on having a massive live audience, and there's no guarantee of that any time soon....i reckon we'll see it go to Saudi which does at least mean a decent start time!

jimmyhillsfanclub

If i were getting in the ring with somebody that could legitimately kill me that evening i think i'd follow the money too. Staging it in England will depend on having a massive live audience, and there's no guarantee of that any time soon....i reckon we'll see it go to Saudi which does at least mean a decent start time!

Nah...they've already got more dough than they, their kids & their grandkids could ever need.....

....if it goes to Saudi or Bahrain, its would be another shameful example of sportswashing....image laundering......

CCFCSteve

Yeah, don’t think first fight will happen in UK as can’t plan 100% for full Wembley capacity. Saudi or Vegas but then maybe return under the roof in Wales in Nov/Dec

Nah...they've already got more dough than they, their kids & their grandkids could ever need.....

....if it goes to Saudi or Bahrain, its would be another shameful example of sportswashing....image laundering......

Fair enough, I get where you're coming from and would prefer it if events like this and the World Cup weren't staged in places like that too. I think i just found 'greedy cunts' a bit unfair and i'm not surprised they're looking at the option. Ali fought in some dodgy places too, sadly it's nothing new is it?

clint van damme

it definitely won't be in the UK.
They were talking about potential venues on 5Live and where actual offers had come in from and the only mention of Europe was Eastern Europe which I'm assuming would be Russia or Kazakhstan.

it definitely won't be in the UK.
They were talking about potential venues on 5Live and where actual offers had come in from and the only mention of Europe was Eastern Europe which I'm assuming would be Russia or Kazakhstan.

Croatia has been mentioned in the past, think specifically the amphitheatre in Pula and for the fight with Pulev. I think the Middle East is most likely and that Eddie Hearn likes to lob a few random countries into conversation to get people interested/stoke the sense of a bidding war being in train.

stay_up_skyblues

Now in doubt (again) with Hearn mooting a bout with Usyk if Fury has to fight Wilder this year. This 24-48 hours after Fury announcing the date and venue.

Gets really boring the backwards and forwards. Obviously Fury will have known the arbitrators were hearing Wilder’s claim so why pipe up? 🥱

D

Deleted member 11652

Now in doubt (again) with Hearn mooting a bout with Usyk if Fury has to fight Wilder this year. This 24-48 hours after Fury announcing the date and venue.

Gets really boring the backwards and forwards. Obviously Fury will have known the arbitrators were hearing Wilder’s claim so why pipe up? 🥱

Is anyone surprised Fury has bottled it? Bob Arum has been saying all along it wouldn’t happen he’s just been sending Eddie Hearn round the world for no reason

Bugsy

Is anyone surprised Fury has bottled it? Bob Arum has been saying all along it wouldn’t happen he’s just been sending Eddie Hearn round the world for no reason

How has fury bottled it. It's been an on going legal matter with wilder what has stopped it.

D

Deleted member 11652

How has fury bottled it. It's been an on going legal matter with wilder what has stopped it.

Could pay him to step aside but is refusing to.

Not sure whether the contract permits but I assume dropping the belt would allow him to fight AJ. But like I said, he doesn’t want the AJ fight and Arum has constantly said the fight wouldn’t happen.

Bugsy

Could pay him to step aside but is refusing to.

Not sure whether the contract permits but I assume dropping the belt would allow him to fight AJ. But like I said, he doesn’t want the AJ fight and Arum has constantly said the fight wouldn’t happen.

Don't think it as easy as just paying some one off and if he decides to drop the belt it wouldn't be as lucrative as holding all the belts as that's what the historical event would be ideally about. Think there is more to it than he just don't want it imo

D

Deleted member 11652

Don't think it as easy as just paying some one off and if he decides to drop the belt it wouldn't be as lucrative as holding all the belts as that's what the historical event would be ideally about. Think there is more to it than he just don't want it imo

It is that simple Arum has said as much but they don’t want to.

I don’t think they really give a shit about the undisputed to be honest. This fight is bigger than that. If he was desperate for the fight it would be happening but it isn’t. AJ would’ve relinquished the belts for it (well said he would anyway).

Frostie

Not sure how it's Fury "bottling it", Arum & his team fought against the Wilder arbitration?

Sounds like Fury v Wilder July 24th & then Fury v Joshua November/December maybe.

D

Deleted member 11652

AJ Usyk be good anyway. Might put Fury wilder on if I need help falling asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread