Twitter or Facebook ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

My young niece asked me recently what is better twitter or facebook ? To me they're both much the same but I prefer twitter as you can be brief and to the point.When I told her when I was her age we never even had mobile phones she said how sad was that and how did we get by ? She's only eleven !

skybluedan

My young niece asked me recently what is better twitter or facebook ? To me they're both much the same but I prefer twitter as you can be brief and to the point.When I told her when I was her age we never even had mobile phones she said how sad was that and how did we get by ? She's only eleven !

Haha scary eh mate

dancers lance

I got my VHS copy of the FA Cup final out the other day to show my 7 year old lad, and he thought I was on the wind up (forgetting he had never seen a video tape before) I tried to explain, but he is not having it, I am going to have to try and find an old Video player to prove that this big, black, box has film on it!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I used that awful twit thing once and within seconds had complete strangers wanting to "follow" me? F**k that! And another reason I won't use it..... how can a grown bloke say to his mate, send me a "tweet"? A tweet FFS!! What's THAT all about? And why does everyone start a sentence with a bleedin' hashtag? What's THAT all about? Sorry, Twatter is just NOT for me. I'm on Facebook though. Has this answered yur query BBR? :)

bringbackrattles

I used that awful twit thing once and within seconds had complete strangers wanting to "follow" me? F**k that! And another reason I won't use it..... how can a grown bloke say to his mate, send me a "tweet"? A tweet FFS!! What's THAT all about? And why does everyone start a sentence with a bleedin' hashtag? What's THAT all about? Sorry, Twatter is just NOT for me. I'm on Facebook though. Has this answered yur query BBR? :)
We're from a different generation Houch I guess just like our parents were to us.I remember my first computer lesson and I sat for ten minutes staring at the screen when the tutor said it helps to turn it on first !
My lovely young niece Chloe has on her twitter profile that she's single, she's only eleven !

wingy

Neither for me
Twitter just seems to be vehicle for people to adopt extremes Les Ried v Fans a prime example
So many wanna Be's and shock jock types out there
FB I gather Is useful for Informing all within your circle when what how and why you're doing It
Although I believe can fall prey to extremes such as bullying etc

dancers lance

[video=youtube;CwT5PLBKEKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwT5PLBKEKk[/video]

bringbackrattles

Neither for me
Twitter just seems to be vehicle for people to adopt extremes Les Ried v Fans a prime example
So many wanna Be's and shock jock types out there
FB I gather Is useful for Informing all within your circle when what how and why you're doing It
Although I believe can fall prey to extremes such as bullying etc
I class all social media as one big communication vehicle either twitter or facebook.My brother-in -law hates all of it and was forced to have a mobile phone ! I've just gone along with it but I remember the time you just met your mates at a certain time in the pub or wherever,and if you had something to say somebody you'd do it face to face,and not be a creepy cowardly troll !

Seaside-Skyblue

Quite enjoy twitter as it provides a decent news source and opportunity to follow different interests. I got rid of Facebook about 3 years ago as I was fed up of all the attention seekers trying to promote their lives as something better than it was, I.e stating they are having a good holiday yet they are sat on Facebook writing that very thing suggesting its actually really rubbish and they are bored out of their minds and also reading that someone had "just eaten cornflakes" or "on the loo" wasn't of interest to me. I see its benefits in terms if keeping in touch with people but its not for me.

ccfctommy

Quite enjoy twitter as it provides a decent news source and opportunity to follow different interests. I got rid of Facebook about 3 years ago as I was fed up of all the attention seekers trying to promote their lives as something better than it was, I.e stating they are having a good holiday yet they are sat on Facebook writing that very thing suggesting its actually really rubbish and they are bored out of their minds and also reading that someone had "just eaten cornflakes" or "on the loo" wasn't of interest to me. I see its benefits in terms if keeping in touch with people but its not for me.

This. You hear about things as they happen. Major world events. General news. Even football games. It's amazing.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As someone with 7 grown-up kids, 16 grandkids and one great grandson, and lots of friends still in Coventry, I find Facebook a great way of staying in touch, sharing pictures etc. I DON'T tell people mundane things about what I had for breakfast etc, in fact, I "yell" at people if they post boring shit like that. I just ain't interested!

LastGarrison

A mate of mine from school has only just recently joined Facebook in the last few days and nailed it by saying that paradoxically he has more things in common/interests with people he doesn't know on Twitter than he does with people he does know on Facebook.

I go through stages of liking and hating Facebook but am currently away travelling so at the moment it is great to keep in touch with home (as is Whatsapp and Skype)!

Either way social media is here to stay in one form or another and, on the whole, I find it a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread