Tv ,elite leagues ,competetiveness or stagemanagement and hype (1 Viewer)

wingy

Sorry lads the info was in tabular form ,my techy skills are limited ,will try to edit.:facepalm:

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Sorry lads the info was in tabular form ,my techy skills are limited ,will try to edit.:facepalm:

It would be great if you could, it's quite an interesting read but once you get to the analysis it's too tiring to try to link it all together...sorry, maybe it's just too late/I'm too lazy to work it out!

Covstu

Sadly the premier league is not sustainable anymore in its current format, the top 3 (potential shift in those top 3 to be fair) are getting bigger and the bottom 13 are getting smaller. You look at Fulham, Blackburn etc who had money to spend and simply do not have the funds they once had. Likewise with Scottish league, yes R&C always win it but none of them have the money and cannot afford lower premiership wages at present. Barc and Madrid are heavily government backed which sometimes seems to be a bottomless pit but there are huge gulfs between those two and the rest of the league, in the past you have Valencia, Deportivo, Atletico etc who were close but their squads just cannot compete.

Is a super league the way to go?? Lets cut them out of the league completely so all clubs can manage on lower funds and bring football back to normality.

wingy

Let them have it stu, then we can get to a realistic place where we generate what money through tv comes our way and then the product is worth what it is and the cloth gets cut to suit and we're left with something similar to pre nineties.which was perfectly competitive and watchable. then these jumped up lot can do what they've been threatening ,and take on the international scene ,then we can see if the bloated Fifa /Eufa execs can earn their crust. Back to trhe article ,he says he's going to anylise,the effect over time ,it would be good to apply it to all second and lower leagues back to when TV and foreign owners distorted every thing.

Disorganised1

Dream on boys - the big boys will continue to suck up to whoever offers the most money for what ever reason.
Our best hope is the top 6 toddle off to do a European superleague and go bust.

Users who are viewing this thread