Turner sell on clause? (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

Seeing as we practically gave him away, despite him being on a long term contract, I hope we put in a large sell on clause.

Ranson got a couple of million up front for Scott Dann, with a decent sell on clause, Ken Delluded was so shit he probably forgot to add any clause onto the peanuts (750k-ish) that we got for Ben.

It was clear at the point of sale to the fans that he was as good, if not even better than Scott Dann.

Frustrating to say the least....

torchomatic

Well, I got it totally wrong then, didn't I. The Turner I saw (for the most part) was slow and one heartbeat away from making howlers, when he wasn't injured, that is.

To be fair though, successive managers seemed to think he was alright. Don't think he's as good as Dann though. At least not at the moment anyway.

Last edited:

Otis

I really rated Turner and think we let him go for peanuts.

I do hope we did arrange a sell on clause. Not counting my chickens though.

Nonleagueherewecome

Seeing as we practically gave him away, despite him being on a long term contract, I hope we put in a large sell on clause.

Ranson got a couple of million up front for Scott Dann, with a decent sell on clause, Ken Delluded was so shit he probably forgot to add any clause onto the peanuts (750k-ish) that we got for Ben.

It was clear at the point of sale to the fans that he was as good, if not even better than Scott Dann.

Frustrating to say the least....

People thought I was mad three years ago when I raved about Turner, saying he'd be "better than Dann" and "our Tony Adams". Torchie obviously still does laugh at me for thinking that, but at least I don't quite look as crazy after Sundays performance!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I used to get similar on the BBC 606 site NLHWC. Managed to convince a few that i might have a point in the end but there was a large section that couldnt see anything in him. This is not a dig at AT or anyone else but it seems it is ok to some for a manager to learn on the job make mistakes but a youngster is not allowed the same leeway - we all make mistakes, its how we learn best.

Assuming he stays fit I think he will have a very good future at a high level

Nonleagueherewecome

It was similar on the CT forum OSB, not to mention in the crowd. He always had good games mixed in when he was young, but rather was left in a few times by managers after long runs of games when he could have done with a breather. That said, he must have learnt plenty by having to cover ADZ's tired old legs that season!

Bertola

Always liked Turner, but to say he's better than Dann is crazy.

Dann is one of the best centre-backs i've seen play for us

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I am absolutely sure the decision to sell Thorn wasn't of Thorn's making.

Listening to him, it's evident he's not involved at all in who gets sold, or to whom contract extensions are granted

CUS Wyken

I am absolutely sure the decision to sell Thorn wasn't of Thorn's making.

So him saying end of last season that Keogh and Craine was his prefered centre half partnership begs to differ on that statement?

If he rated Turner he wouldn't have said his centre halves are Keogh and Craine would he?

Users who are viewing this thread