Tudgay yesterday (1 Viewer)

skybluebelgium

What a great move for the penalty and what to say about the header for the 1-1 !! Class act !! :claping hands::claping hands:

I would say ... keep him :D:D

AFCCOVENTRY

Don't think Pressley got the best out of him and chucked him into the bomb squad after 5 mins.

Might be better players out there. He must be one of the higher paid players.

johnwillomagic

Tricky one I like us better with him in the side than without him but take the comments about wages into account. I suppose would depend if we could get him on reduced terms
similar to Nouble. I personally would like to keep him over Nouble anyhow.

skybluepm2

Yep, worth another year at this level for me but sparingly. The 2 games at Walsall and Crawley stand out for me as him showing his ability to have a huge influence on games. Plus his last minute equalizer against Scunthorpe was key too! Scored some important goals when it really mattered. Wouldn't be too bothered about keeping the other strikers though...

KG7

Yep, worth another year at this level for me but sparingly. The 2 games at Walsall and Crawley stand out for me as him showing his ability to have a huge influence on games. Plus his last minute equalizer against Scunthorpe was key too! Scored some important goals when it really mattered. Wouldn't be too bothered about keeping the other strikers though...

We were also at our best under Mowbray with him in the team (interestingly playing a very similar way to how SP was playing at the start of last season!)

Definite keep and use him to help coach Maddison into how to play the deep striker role effectively...

J

Jack Griffin

Tricky one I like us better with him in the side than without him but take the comments about wages into account. I suppose would depend if we could get him on reduced terms
similar to Nouble. I personally would like to keep him over Nouble anyhow.

His stock has gone down a bit, a season in D3 with only 18 appearances & 4 goals

stupot07

Out of the current strikers, I would only contemplate keeping tudgay. Nouble, Jackson and Miller can all leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

kg82

Personally I think he'd be a great foil for a more prolific striker. Sort of like the Andy Keogh role with Billy Sharp at Scunthorpe a few seasons ago.

Jackoskyblue

Tudgay and Maddison up front could work well. Tudgay holds the ball up excellently and is a grafter with Maddison the speedster with twists and turns. Complement each other's style well

stevefloyd

Hard work is great but if he's not scoring enough goals and not creating anything get rid, under Presley this was a given but now I am not sure

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Yeah have to say he impressed me yesterday but was dog shit at the start of the season. Wouldn't be the end of the world if he got another year I think he'd add something up top as a foil, as has been mentioned by others. Held the ball and brought others in very well yesterday - really looked like he was just using his experience to the detriment of Crawley (eg. getting his body and legs ahead of the defender blocking his path to the ball). That said, I wouldn't be begging him to come back if released.

letsallsingtogether

Out of the current strikers, I would only contemplate keeping tudgay. Nouble, Jackson and Miller can all leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I would agree with that. ...

bringbackrattles

Tudgay stood out as he was the only one wearing gloves ! Joking apart he does blow hot and cold but on his day he's okay so would be worth another season. I hope Samuel stays though but it's gone silent about what he's doing ?

J

Jack Griffin

Tudgay stood out as he was the only one wearing gloves ! Joking apart he does blow hot and cold but on his day he's okay so would be worth another season. I hope Samuel stays though but it's gone silent about what he's doing ?

Samuel is back at his club, Reading.

fanta2580

He was on loan so its not like we would hear anything. We need a manager and a budget first and even then the best we can hope for is a season loan and that's assuming Reading don't use him themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread