trust on cwr phone in (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Get the gypsy fella in to look after the grass!

Can we use the pitch as an excuse? Dont both teams play on the same one? Why not mix the tactics to circumstances?

wingy

Can we use the pitch as an excuse? Dont both teams play on the same one? Why not mix the tactics to circumstances?
Think he's an obssesive horticulturist ,sure I've heard him ring in on a Sunday morning when Compost Corners on

Nick

Administrator
I thought he was going to offer to tarmac the carpark or something, really random call!

SkyblueBazza

Yeah I get that...but it just seems bizarre to me. Cant think of a good eg but seems a bit like an interviewer asking a film stars agent about the camera used in his latest film.

psgm1

Banned
AGAIN???

There ARE other people in coventry who have a voice - CWR clearly have a love-in because they fawn to Linnell

letsallsingtogether

Doesn't matter who you get on, there is always someone who wants the manager sacked 7 games in no striker no money 10 points docked and...................................

and We are not playing like Barcelona

Need to give at least one manager a go Robins has gone not sure he would have done any better with present Squad

Nonleagueherewecome

Because he has a style of play. In general, playing passing football should suit the more technically gifted side. Playing long ball is what you do when you rely on strength, height and pace and are not the favourites. It's taking a gamble and "playing the percentages". It is fair to say that we are favourites for 80-90% of our home games, and in terms of budget should have some of the best players in the division, so playing passing football should suit us. He should show some versatility given our pitch, but given our players (no height/pace), I can see why he would want to play the long-term card and try and get the players entirely used to what he wants them to do next season. Although if we don't sort the pitch out, he will fail!

Nick

Administrator
Because he has a style of play. In general, playing passing football should suit the more technically gifted side. Playing long ball is what you do when you rely on strength, height and pace and are not the favourites. It's taking a gamble and "playing the percentages". It is fair to say that we are favourites for 80-90% of our home games, and in terms of budget should have some of the best players in the division, so playing passing football should suit us. He should show some versatility given our pitch, but given our players (no height/pace), I can see why he would want to play the long-term card and try and get the players entirely used to what he wants them to do next season. Although if we don't sort the pitch out, he will fail!

Surely being a good manager is adapting to the situation though?

letsallsingtogether

Surely being a good manager is adapting to the situation though?

Correct but do we have the players hear people saying we should play the long ball in these conditions we can't even head a ball from a corner and as for speed who would get there first??

stupot07

Correct but do we have the players hear people saying we should play the long ball in these conditions we can't even head a ball from a corner and as for speed who would get there first??

There are ways of playing the long ball, and both Wilson and cody (less so) have the ability to run the channels if were to knock balls on over the top behind the fullbacks. Doesn't have to be hoof.

Nick

Administrator

Isnt figuring that out what makes a good manager though? It is the same as the thorn argument about how his hands were tied.

If i could manage city and have unlimited funds i could get us promoted, i think being a good manager is having the best tactic / plan to suit conditions, players and opposition. Isnt it obvious rather than say the pitches in this league dont suit our style of play instead of moaning to find a style of play that suits?

letsallsingtogether

Yes like I said that's right but then everyone will be on here moaning about the long ball as a manager you can't win because someone will always say what if.
When A manager makes a substitution and the player scores it's an inspiration when that same player gives a goal away it was rubbish, at the end of he day it's fate Win hero lose zero
Isnt figuring that out what makes a good manager though? It is the same as the thorn argument about how his hands were tied.

If i could manage city and have unlimited funds i could get us promoted, i think being a good manager is having the best tactic / plan to suit conditions, players and opposition. Isnt it obvious rather than say the pitches in this league dont suit our style of play instead of moaning to find a style of play that suits?

Nick

Administrator
Yes like I said that's right but then everyone will be on here moaning about the long ball as a manager you can't win because someone will always say what if.
When A manager makes a substitution and the player scores it's an inspiration when that same player gives a goal away it was rubbish, at the end of he day it's fate Win hero lose zero

You can win as you would be adapting playing style to get 3 points! People moan when we play long ball with just mcdonald up front or try to play like barcelona when the ball cant roll 5 yards because of water.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Don't think anyone wants us to play long ball, remember all the moaning when Carsley played long ball.

Just to actually make progress with our passing and work the ball into the strikers feet quicker, we have hardly created anything in the last 7 games.

The pitch is a piss poor excuse and an unacceptable excuse.

georgehudson

did notice that there wee more travel reports from 'nasal nina' than callers,
still the trust managed to put points accross,
still SL will doubtless denigrate their position t'moro,
tho of course he knows the truth

Nonleagueherewecome

Well then we should re-sign Aidy and Clive! John Beck as number two? He wouldn't even have to water the corners of our pitch, they're already a quagmire!

And I completely agree with what Hawley said about the Donnie game.

Nonleagueherewecome

You can win as you would be adapting playing style to get 3 points! People moan when we play long ball with just mcdonald up front or try to play like barcelona when the ball cant roll 5 yards because of water.

So we should pick Cody and a target man for him to run off.

Oh that's right, we haven't got one...

Users who are viewing this thread