True Detective season three (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Just saw the first episode. Really enjoying it so far. Good slow burner of a story it looks like. Is Mahershala Ali playing the same character at three different ages? Fantastic acting.

Glad to say it's following a similar format to season one and not season two, which was terrible.

Mr Panda

Not started it yet but I'm glad they're going back to the formula of season 1. I couldn't even finish season two!

Otis

I am really enjoying it, despite a few very dumb moments.

Question from senior officer to detective asking him to recall the case from 10 years ago. 'You questioned people at the time, right?' WTH?? Asking him if he questioned people?

They go to the garbage man's house and go in. The man is a person of interest, but they fail to look around really at all. Just observe a photo and leave.

Wayne finds the observation tower whilst looking for the kids, but barely had a peep through the open hatch. If you are looking for missing children wouldn't you go fully into the tower and look around the land from what is an excellent viewpoint? Possibly the best viewpoint to be had.had

vow

Not seen season two, but we have it recorded, is it worth the watch? Season one was indeed great!

ccfctommy

Why season two isn't as bad as some have said.

Redirect Notice NY Times

Just found the plot very converluted. Liked Colin Farrell in it but Vince Vaughn was terrible. Nothing happens until episode four then there is a huge shootout where everyone dies apart from the three central characters. It really isn't a patch on season one.

ajsccfc

Add me to the list of people who didn't hate S2. Vince Vaughn was entirely out of place but otherwise it was ok. I've watched the first episode of the new series though and it feels more like S1, which I absolutely loved. I'd also echo @ccfctommy about Ali, fantastic actor.

Users who are viewing this thread