Trip to Oxford for pre-season (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

I wonder who is selecting the opposition for these friendlies?

ccfcway

cant help think the CT missed a trick here.

Where was the early "big announcement at lunchtime" tweets this morning.

They could have whipped everyone up into hysteria

Esoterica

Got quite a soft spot for Oxford. Had some great players over the years and one of the better Club Crest shineys in the panini sticker albums!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 51zARUtCKBL._SY300_.jpg
    51zARUtCKBL._SY300_.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 128

torchomatic

Me and the boy went there in Summer 2013 for the pre-season friendly when we had Zavon Hines on trial again. We lost.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Does anyone remember a pre-season friendly at the Manor circa 1994? We won (think it was 3-1) and we got presented with a trophy seemingly invented for the occasion?

Joy Division

I remember going there in 2003/2004 for Bill Halsey memorial cup we won on penalties I believe. Someone correct me if any of that is wrong.

Yes I was there for that game. We were all beckoning big Mo to lift the tinpot little trophy, when he finally did we all went mental like we won the FA cup. Great day, ha ha.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I went to that game,Good Following from City that day good drink in the City centre too !!!

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Seems I was a few years (and goals!) out (taken from http://www.rageonline.co.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3704) -

oufc v coventry city oxfordshire benevolent cup 17/8/90
oufc
judge(kee) robinson ford(byrne) phillips foster(smart) melville evans lewis foyle stein simpson
ccfc
ogrizovic borrows edwards dobson kilcline peake gallacher gynn speedie drinkell smith
OUFC 0
CCFC 1
ATT 1288

CJ_covblaze

Kenilworth Road has character but is long past it and Luton is a toilet. Oxford is a nice place but crap for football. The Kassam is quite a way from the centre and has nothing near it. Bit like Shrewsbury I suppose.

Hobo

Kenilworth Road has character but is long past it and Luton is a toilet. Oxford is a nice place but crap for football. The Kassam is quite a way from the centre and has nothing near it. Bit like Shrewsbury I suppose.

That is football stadiums, either old and decrepit but in the centre or new and plush but isolated.

CJ_covblaze

That is football stadiums, either old and decrepit but in the centre or new and plush but isolated.

Sometimes yes but not always. Wembley, Ricoh, Emirates, Stadium:MK, Keepmoat, Eastlands, Proact and Pride Park are eight of the most modern stadiums in the country and all have places to eat and drink along with other leisure facilities nearby. Within the next few years you can add the Olympic Stadium and White Hart Lane ii to the list.

Astute

Sometimes yes but not always. Wembley, Ricoh, Emirates, Stadium:MK, Keepmoat, Eastlands, Proact and Pride Park are eight of the most modern stadiums in the country and all have places to eat and drink along with other leisure facilities nearby. Within the next few years you can add the Olympic Stadium and White Hart Lane ii to the list.

And then you have splendid isolation where we met at a game last season :D

Sbarcher

There's a big leisure complex with bars and eateries on the site. Plus lots of free parking. Be prepared though for a long sit in the car after the match.

CJ_covblaze

There's a big leisure complex with bars and eateries on the site. Plus lots of free parking. Be prepared though for a long sit in the car after the match.

I seem to remember having to go through a suburban housing estate but seeing nothing there of note for visitors.

lordsummerisle

Went to a dreadful 0-0 draw at the Manor Ground around 1989'ish in Division One.

Think it was the only Div One game on that day due to World Cup qualifiers or something, the only 2 teams in the top division not to have any International call-ups at all from what i remember.

Good day out though despite the game, think the players needed crampons and ropes to play up the "slope" at the Manor Ground.

Sbarcher

The Kassam is a 3-sided box stadium. No redeeming features I'm afraid, although if it gets boring, you can look to see what's happening in the car park......

Users who are viewing this thread