Transfer Rumours? (1 Viewer)

SkyBluePryce

I've only just started posting on here- and was wondering whether anyone knew of any transfer news/rumours. On the Coventry City official facebook page there have been a number of rumours thrown about, many of which seem outragous including Marlon King returning! and league 2 players e.g Le Fondre being bought for a million or so if i remember rightly.
As you can imagine seeing these types of outragous rumours, has resulted in me asking whether there are any rumours floating about. Plus I don't really hear of any genuine rumours living away from Cov.
Another question I wanted to put out is whether people think that transfer activity ,though non-existant so far, will slow down in terms of approaching clubs, whilst there is uncertainty over this potential takeover. As SISU i doubt will want to pump any more funds in to the club if they may sell the club sooner rather than later?
PUSB

Pigeon

I've heard the one about Marlon King returning with a potential bid from West Ham.
Heard from several different people that Eastwood will be leaving to join Palace as he wants to play the main central striker and Thorn doesn't want him.
Dunn and Murphy seem to be certain.
Yet again I stress they are only rumours as far as I know.
I think we'll start to hear more once the window actually opens

CovScott88

I've heard the one about Marlon King returning with a potential bid from West Ham.
Heard from several different people that Eastwood will be leaving to join Palace as he wants to play the main central striker and Thorn doesn't want him.
Dunn and Murphy seem to be certain.
Yet again I stress they are only rumours as far as I know.
I think we'll start to hear more once the window actually opens

I'm not the only one that has heard about Marlon returning then. Apparently he is going to be put up for sale as Hughton doesn't want him at Birmingham (due to the obvious!).

SkyBluePryce

Would people want to see Marlon return? I really don't know personally. At the end of the day he's probably the best striker we've had since being in this league. But on the other hand he's treated the club and fans who took him in when no one else did with an extreme lack of respect.

Skyblueloyal

Please be true I don't want him either

ajsccfc

I don't think Hughton was Newcastle manager by the time the first window came about where they could nab King, could be wrong.

Cardiff were being linked with a loan move, are you thinking of them?

sotv1987

I've only just started posting on here- and was wondering whether anyone knew of any transfer news/rumours. On the Coventry City official facebook page there have been a number of rumours thrown about, many of which seem outragous including Marlon King returning! and league 2 players e.g Le Fondre being bought for a million or so if i remember rightly.
As you can imagine seeing these types of outragous rumours, has resulted in me asking whether there are any rumours floating about. Plus I don't really hear of any genuine rumours living away from Cov.
Another question I wanted to put out is whether people think that transfer activity ,though non-existant so far, will slow down in terms of approaching clubs, whilst there is uncertainty over this potential takeover. As SISU i doubt will want to pump any more funds in to the club if they may sell the club sooner rather than later?
PUSB

:welcome:
Hi skybluepryce,

welcome to the site, it's quite cool mate, however, don't think its possible for the lying twat to return, he wouldn't be welcomed by many the way he has treated Coventry!!!!! This is not going to happen!!!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Personally I would swallow my pride and take King back if the case was Hughton didn't want him. But personally I think it is bull as Hughton worked with the likes of Barton at Newcastle

rob9872

We're not even linked with anyone really lety alone close to signing them so I can only pray that ATR has a few gems up his sleeve that are totally off the radar as in previous seasons. I expect a few more out too hopefully but it depends if anyone wants them and then he can really reshape the squad and put his stamp on things.

hackneyfox

AT doesn't like dealing with agents so that could limit you a bit.

It would be hilarious should King come back, you'll all be falling over being so dizzy.

rob9872

God you're an annoying irritating prick Hackney.

Your initial jovialityhas surely now expired? It was ok for a limited time but now rendered pointless and less of a wind up more of an irritant. You've certainly outstayed your welcome and I think it's time to move on. I'm one of the few who isn't even that bothered by your lot, but what can you possibly get from being such an odious individual on the board of a rival team? I'm always happy for open debate and banter but your drivel on so many threads is now tiresome.

Mods, this is not about an expression of free speech and exercising ones right, please can we move this moron on now? I'm not going to beg or threaten to leave the site throwing my toys around, but I do feel less inclined to keep contributing each time he shows up.

pusbccfc

AT doesn't like dealing with agents so that could limit you a bit.

It would be hilarious should King come back, you'll all be falling over being so dizzy.

Coventry reject in goal.

hackneyfox

Your initial jovialityhas surely now expired? It was ok for a limited time but now rendered pointless and less of a wind up more of an irritant. You've certainly outstayed your welcome and I think it's time to move on. I'm one of the few who isn't even that bothered by your lot, but what can you possibly get from being such an odious individual on the board of a rival team? I'm always happy for open debate and banter but your drivel on so many threads is now tiresome.

Mods, this is not about an expression of free speech and exercising ones right, please can we move this moron on now? I'm not going to beg or threaten to leave the site throwing my toys around, but I do feel less inclined to keep contributing each time he shows up.

Grow a pair you silly boy.

Or ignore me

skybluesteve76

Lol................agreed!

fanta80

Grow a pair you silly boy.

Or ignore me

Another highly intellectual response from a Leicester fan i see. Whilst it was a little over the top i do agree with the general point in that why worry yourself about our team when you have your own equally as unsuccessful team with a significantly larger budget?

rob9872

rob9872
You probably haven't realised just how relevant my post is, AT has said he doesn't want to deal with agents, that is going to limit things somewhat.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/i_wont_deal_with_agents__thorn_683740/index.shtml

we already knew that without you thinking you were informing us of anything. However, that part was not the problem but even on that post you then still have to twist the knofe with teh second part about King. It's pretty pathetic really and you are nothing more than a low level wum who as I say ahs outstayed his welcome. It's not about putting you on ignore, just simply that you are unwelcome to most, tolerated by some and wasting your time.

hackneyfox

Twist the knife?

Bloody hell if you can't have a laugh about this ongoing saga you should give up. People who think they have a sense of humour also have to be able to laugh at themselves.

If I am a low level wum what does that say about your reactions?

Did everyone on here know that AT doesn't want to deal with agents?
Have I missed that thread?

Last edited:

6 Generations

Nick, i accept that alternative views make for a healthier and more balanced debate, but i have to agree that the Leicester fan no longer seems to be contributing.

He is not welcome on The West Terrace, or indeed, on Bentleys Roof, where many other Foxes fans find his unhealthy obsession with all things 'Sky Blue' strange at the very least.

He has often referred to the people of Coventry in derogatory terms, which extend beyond the normal accepted levels of banter.

Think this site was better before he joined.

Now there is a idea for improving the site...... Fox hunting!!!

PUSB

TheRoyalScam

:slap:

Although I applaud AT's stance on young Cameron signing, I think it must have been a one-off - agents are an unnecessary evil in today's game, but you can't simply ignore them. Murphy has the same agent as Westwood - if we sign him then I'm pretty sure his agent will have been involved somewhere along the line.

I think even League 1 teams have to negotiate with agents, but you'd have to ask Hackers about that - with us being in the top two flights for half a century I wouldn't know.;)

stevo_ccfc

That would be funny if king got snubbed by hughton.

I'm still eager to see what happens when the window opens, I can see us maybe losing one of our many centre backs. And we must have freed up a reasonable amount of wages so far to bring in a player or two.

PS for the record I don't mind hackneyfox and his view from the other side

hackneyfox

Nick, i accept that alternative views make for a healthier and more balanced debate, but i have to agree that the Leicester fan no longer seems to be contributing.

He is not welcome on The West Terrace, or indeed, on Bentleys Roof, where many other

Foxes fans find his unhealthy obsession with all things 'Sky Blue' strange at the very least.

NOBODY IS WELCOME ON THE WET LETTUCE
It has been taken over by people who just throw abuse at each other.
They get about 3 posts a day.
As for Bentleys, I wonder when I last posted about co* on there, at least 3 weeks ago I should think, and that was in reply to someone else.

He has often referred to the people of Coventry in derogatory terms, which extend beyond the normal accepted levels of banter.

NOT ON HERE I DON'T and I've been called a sister shagger on here.
What are those derogatory terms that go beyond banter?

Marty

back on topic abit..

I don't want King back here, he has no loyalty, can't be trusted, no doubt hes a good player, but how long before he wants to move on again to get a bigger pay cheque. Would rather have someone who wants to be here and not just using us as he has nowhere else to go.

6 Generations

You have described the good folk of my City as 'Diagonal walking, Mono-browed, Window lickers!!!'

Surely not even you, with more spin than Shane Warne, could convince anybody but your righteous self, that this was meant as a term of endearment.

I understand how you may have happened upon other CCFC fansites, but this one is independent, and there is a clue in the site name that it is probably intended for the views of Coventry City fans.

I have never knowingly sought to view a website which might favour Leicester City, but if i had, then i would expect to be abused once i had declared my alliegance.

They might call me something like 'sister shagger'.

You harbour an inner fear that one morning at approx. 6am, you will log onto Newsnow.co.uk/Coventrycity etc.etc. and find final and conclusive proof that our club is actually bigger than yours.

Move along now, nothing to see here!!!

PUSB

sky blue john

Definately don't want the woman beating piece of scum back and any of my fellow cov fans who would have him back after he shit on us from a great height shame us all. :mad:

Wolfpack_4

I have heard Stephen Hughes as been seen up the Ricoh arena today around 2ish don't no if it's true or not but I would love to see him come back and play for Coventry, he was a very good player and could help develop some of our youth players coming through.
PUSB!!

Users who are viewing this thread