Transfer Priorities (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

so with TW's in mind, what positions would you be looking to improve for next season, dependent on what league we are in? Anyone particularly caught the eye or any names people would like to venture out there?

Key requirements for me are an experienced keeper and new left back if we are to stay down here, with a new right back, centre mid and one or two wingers if we went up.

Otis

For the reasons you state I cannot say until I know what division we are going to be in.

All depends on where we finish.

Covstu

so with TW's in mind, what positions would you be looking to improve for next season, dependent on what league we are in? Anyone particularly caught the eye or any names people would like to venture out there?

Key requirements for me are an experienced keeper and new left back if we are to stay down here, with a new right back, centre mid and one or two wingers if we went up.
Goalkeeper certainly regardless of division, probably a left back and potentially a replacement for Doyle

CCFC88

Intrigued to see how Kelly would preform without Doyle, does he have it in him to be more of a leader, he was the Orient captain when we signed him right?
Not sure I'm completely sold on McNulty as a league 1 striker but he deserves a chance. Priorites ranked from P1 (most required) to P6 (least)
L1
P1
P4 Davies Willis P2
JJ Bayliss Kelly/P5 P3
Andreu
McNulty/P6

L2
P1
Grimmer Davies Kelly P2
JJ Bayliss Kelly P3
Andreu
McNulty

Sky Blue Pete

Intrigued to see how Kelly would preform without Doyle, does he have it in him to be more of a leader, he was the Orient captain when we signed him right?
Not sure I'm completely sold on McNulty as a league 1 striker but he deserves a chance. Priorites ranked from P1 (most required) to P6 (least)
L1 L2
P1 P1
P4 Davies Willis P2 Grimmer Davies Kelly P2
JJ Bayliss Kelly/P5 P3 JJ Bayliss Kelly P3
Andreu Andreu
McNulty/P6 McNulty
What does the bit at the bottom mean?

Covstu

L1
P1
P4 Davies Willis P2
JJ Bayliss Kelly/P5 P3
Andreu
McNulty/P6

L2
P1
Grimmer Davies Kelly P2
JJ Bayliss Kelly P3
Andreu
McNulty
So do we get to play more players in League One??? Maybe this is why we were relegated?! :woot::wideyed:

TomRad85

Rather than bringing in a load and spreading the wages thin i'd rather get in a good quality (relevant to the league we're in) keeper, left back, centre mid (replacing Doyle and striker.

SkyBlueCRJ

Regardless of what league we're in, both my lists came to fairly similar conclusions. With exception to the CB and ST positions:
League Two:
GK
LB
CB (Only if Willis leaves)
RM
CM x2 (If Bayliss leaves)
LM
ST (x2 if McNulty leaves)

League One:
GK
LB
RM
CM x2 (If Bayliss leaves)
LM
ST

Note: This does not include potential additions to the U23's.

Mucca Mad Boys

It depends what our goals are next season, and that is obviously dependent on what league we're in. However, one area I think we need to strengthen regards of what level we're playing at is on the wings. We need another 1-2, most likely a natural right footer as a deputy to Jones (hopefully we keep him), a second winger is dependent on whether we resign Reid or not, and if we're in L2 I'd resign him as he's got a good amount of assists off the bench.

In League 1, assuming we keep this team together, I think we'd need to strengthen at:
- GK (low priority)
- CB and LB
- CM, someone in the mould of Vincelot, I'd keep Doyle as a player-coach I think
- RM and LM probably (depends on MR's judgement on Reid)
- ST? Unsure on this one, JP could be ready for a breakthrough season, Biamou could might contribute and JCH has played in this league before

Just having Jones and Andreu back will change the dynamic of the team and I could even see us playing 4-2-3-1 with Andreu behind McNulty.

Last edited:

JulianDarbyFTW

Re: the amount of people asking for a new GK; Burge has been picked by a number of managers while here, and was the L2 TOTY goalkeeper. He isn't as shit as some people make out, especially at this level. It's not like we can go out and replace him with Shilton or Clemence or John Filan now, is it?

Captain Dart

Re: the amount of people asking for a new GK; Burge has been picked by a number of managers while here, and was the L2 TOTY goalkeeper. He isn't as shit as some people make out, especially at this level. It's not like we can go out and replace him with Shilton or Clemence or John Filan now, is it?

I am with you on this, he is gaining experience and is better than he was a few years ago. He certainly isn't the best you can get in league one if we get there but I'd be looking at a top quality substitute for Doyle and a bit more pace on the wing as first priorities. I imagine JCH will sign if we go up, that seems to be Robins intention all along and if the 4 strikers we have are retained they'll probably have to do, you never know Ponticelli might take league one by storm.

skybluesam66

no - he is shit -
he;s not called Mr Flappy in the dressing room for no reason!

robbiekeane

He's fucking dog shit

steve82

I love reiterating this point on the number of managers voted, there is at least 4-5 good value keepers in this league so as few as 5 votes could of won the vote from the other 23 members voting

Hardly a land slide.

PS I think your taking the senior keeper a bit far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CovLis86

Regarding keepers, Mcormick is being released by Plymouth this season. Think he's about 34. But we'll experienced, great shot stopper, was born in Coventry (I believe) would command that back line. Could be good for a season or two with burge learning from him. What do people think?

Garryb80

Regarding keepers, Mcormick is being released by Plymouth this season. Think he's about 34. But we'll experienced, great shot stopper, was born in Coventry (I believe) would command that back line. Could be good for a season or two with burge learning from him. What do people think?
Well we had 1 ex criminal lets have one who caused 2 deaths instead...

Grendel

Last years L2 goalkeeper of the year has just been released by their club

Sky Blue Harry H

Released by his club, or from prison again?

Astute

Do you go to games?

If you do are you like many of us and close your eyes when the ball goes close to Burge?

Covstu

Maybe we can cash in on him then!

Users who are viewing this thread