Transfer Possibilities (in my opinion) (1 Viewer)

Getting away from all the off the field crap which seems to have come from no where again, i have been doing some digging into who is free at the minute who could make an impact with our squad, as it is looking TBH thread bare and everyone knows it. Our squad is in desperate need of some reinforcement if we are to push us in the right direction if we want to hopefully improve on our league position last year. I have done some digging and found a few players that are out of contract who i think could fit into our team as it stands.

Jordan Spence - RB - last club was MK Dons i believe
Reece Wabara - RB - last club was Wigan
Neal Eardley - RB - last club was Birmingham city i believe
Reece Brown - CB - last club was Bury ( i know, i know but he was one of the two who had past experience in this league and on paper looked better than others)
Lloyd Doyley - CB - last club was Rotherham United
Dean Hammond - CM - last club was Sheffield United
Oscar Gobern - CM - last club was QPR
Rueben Reid - ST - last club was Plymouth Argyle
Leon Best - ST - last club was Rotherham United

Lucciano Bechio - ST - last club was Rotherham United
Caolan Lavery - ST - last club was Sheffield Wednesday

(The players id most like to see come in are put in bold)

However i obviously dont expect that many players in, not even that many permanent signings but i do believe a RB like Wabara is essential, as well as another CM. i would like those to be our 2 permanent deals so ideally Gobern and Wabara. Then i think we may be able to go and get another CB which we deffo need from the loan market such as the likes of Jack Stephens or Bailey Cargill, someone like that if not either of them if they would return. Id also see what else the loan market could provide in strikers but i think its our least problematic area. Id prefer if we bought a Rueben Reid in instead but i think im hoping for too much but i do think we need 1 CB if not 2, 1 CM, 1 RB urgently (BTW not a criticism of DKE but i think we need more experience there with him as cover as rose is injured) and a 1 ST, so a minimum of 5 players needed i reckon.

Tell me what you think of the players I've mentioned, remember none of the players i have mentioned might ever step anywhere near Coventry City just a bit of digging i did, and if you think there's any players you think might be worth a punt on (even loans) ?

pastythegreat

I was REALLY getting into that post then until the part where it said 'the players I want most are in bold'. Then I seen Leon Best was in bold and lost all interest and couldn't read on. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Looks like you have done some good research and fair play should be working with the club but don't think the money is all that good

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

I was REALLY getting into that post then until the part where it said 'the players I want most are in bold'. Then I seen Leon Best was in bold and lost all interest and couldn't read on. Sorry.

I think Leon Best would be good at this level.

Although he's not what we need I don't think.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

I'm not sure I'd like to give him the chance to see if he's any good at this level. Let's see how bringing back ex players seems to work!
Lee Carsley, not even half the player we let go.
Garry Mcsheffrey, has dogs mess 2nd time round didn't work out at all.
Gael Bigi, had actually gone backwards whilst at Newcastle.
And theses were all good 1st time round? Leon was awful. So if getting worse is the trend I'd rather take kevin Kyle back than Leon Best.

gspotgaz

Strange they are all free agents still, must be haggling!

Best was hardly that bad. On his day was very good, yes never a top championship striker but had a 1 in 4 record for us in the division with some poor service (Robbie Simpson, Michael Hughes , Doyle etc)

That said, I haven't seen him for a fair few years and he could be completely shot now, he's always been injury prone

hill83

'Rather have Kevin Kyle back than Leon Best'
Now that is something I never though I'd see. Incredible.

Bertola

Its laughable that people wouldn't want Best back. He scored 4 goals in 10 starts for Rotherham in the Championship last season, and they wanted to keep him.

He's currently on trial at Ipswich, again a team in the league above us, but yeah, you're right. He's not good enough for us

coop

Its laughable that people wouldn't want Best back. He scored 4 goals in 10 starts for Rotherham in the Championship last season, and they wanted to keep him.

If they wanted to keep him why has he not signed seems stupid turning down work sounds like he's up his own arse and wants to much for his talent. My opinion
He's currently on trial at Ipswich, again a team in the league above us, but yeah, you're right. He's not good enough for us

Sky Blue Pete

Getting away from all the off the field crap which seems to have come from no where again, i have been doing some digging into who is free at the minute who could make an impact with our squad, as it is looking TBH thread bare and everyone knows it. Our squad is in desperate need of some reinforcement if we are to push us in the right direction if we want to hopefully improve on our league position last year. I have done some digging and found a few players that are out of contract who i think could fit into our team as it stands.

Jordan Spence - RB - last club was MK Dons i believe
Reece Wabara - RB - last club was Wigan
Neal Eardley - RB - last club was Birmingham city i believe
Reece Brown - CB - last club was Bury ( i know, i know but he was one of the two who had past experience in this league and on paper looked better than others)
Lloyd Doyley - CB - last club was Rotherham United
Dean Hammond - CM - last club was Sheffield United
Oscar Gobern - CM - last club was QPR
Rueben Reid - ST - last club was Plymouth Argyle
Leon Best - ST - last club was Rotherham United

Lucciano Bechio - ST - last club was Rotherham United
Caolan Lavery - ST - last club was Sheffield Wednesday

However i obviously dont expect that many players in, not even that many permanent signings but i do believe a RB like Wabara is essential, as well as another CM. i would like those to be our 2 permanent deals so ideally Gobern and Wabara. Then i think we may be able to go and get another CB which we deffo need from the loan market such as the likes of Jack Stephens or Bailey Cargill, someone like that if not either of them if they would return. Id also see what else the loan market could provide in strikers but i think its our least problematic area. Id prefer if we bought a Rueben Reid in instead but i think im hoping for too much but i do think we need 1 CB if not 2, 1 CM, 1 RB urgently (BTW not a criticism of DKE but i think we need more experience there with him as cover as rose is injured) and a 1 ST, so a minimum of 5 players needed i reckon.

Tell me what you think of the players I've mentioned, remember none of the players i have mentioned might ever step anywhere near Coventry City just a bit of digging i did, and if you think there's any players you think might be worth a punt on (even loans) ?
I hope there's a significant amount of work going on in the background these next few days.

The fact it's so quiet is a little scary though

woody11462

I assume that you can still sign free agents outside the transfer winbdow? I'd like to see Ruben Reid here but bsomeone suggested on an earlier post that he's failed a few medicals this summer at different league 1 clubs.

eastwoodsdustman

Reece Brown! Reece Fucking Brown! I would stop going if we signed him. I have lads in my u17's who are better than he is and they were better at u14 than he was when he was here.
The only player to beat John Gayle to our worst ever and I never really thought it could be done.

FRY-CCFC

Jordan Spence - RB - last club was MK Dons i believe - yes
Reece Wabara - RB - last club was Wigan - no, not rated by any supporter from previous clubs
Neal Eardley - RB - last club was Birmingham city i believe - yes
Reece Brown - CB - last club was Bury ( i know, i know but he was one of the two who had past experience in this league and on paper looked better than others) - holy fuck no
Lloyd Doyley - CB - last club was Rotherham United - no, played 9 games in the last 2 seasons, old and past it
Dean Hammond - CM - last club was Sheffield United - no, liability of a player who was reported to be on 5 figures a week at sheff u
Oscar Gobern - CM - last club was QPR - maybe
Rueben Reid - ST - last club was Plymouth Argyle - sick note who has failed medicals everywhere
Leon Best - ST - last club was Rotherham United - on trial at ipswich but yes

Lucciano Bechio - ST - last club was Rotherham United - no, not played consistent football in 4 years
Caolan Lavery - ST - last club was Sheffield Wednesday - yes

junglej13

The market we are in going after - free agents - the remaining time in the transfer window is pretty irrelevant as you can sign these players anytime.

no_loyalty

Best is currently training with Ipswich, he played and scored for their under 23's the other day, so he may get a deal with them?

no_loyalty

6 days until the window shuts. Think we need about 5/6 new players but I actually see us only getting 2!

Mowbray's relaxed attitude to bringing players in will be our downfall this season, hope I'm wrong though

This is a big worry, I hope we don't leave it until transfer deadline day to try and rush signings through

SBAndy

Reece Wabara was in the team of the year last season, how can you suggest no one rates him?

vow

Chris Burke is still available, would like to see him in a front 3.

Users who are viewing this thread