Transfer Embargo from midnight (1 Viewer)

CovMatt1987

so basically we can expect this at the end of each season........but we arent allowed to question SISU according to some people on here because it makes you anti-city apparently.

covkid69

does every club have this umbongo every year or is it just us...getting seriously fed up with this crap now

ryb1983ccfc

Shocker ! So who wants to come and manage a club who is under an embargo? Not many I would guess .......kieth curls it is then! Still the council and acls fault....i think not now!

Covstu

does the transfer embargo cover acquisitions of managers?? joking aside what is the difference!!

kg82

Wait, that story doesn't actually say we're going to have a transfer embargo, it's just basically stating the rules. It's like me saying I was caught speeding yesterday, if I get caught again tomorrow I'll be banned from driving. In all likelihood, the accounts aren't being filed, but surely run the story when you know the facts and it's happened?!

torchomatic

Many clubs have been under an embargo during the last few seasons, so it's not just us. Though admittedly we do have more than our fair share!

Tonylinc

And what about ACL, they are just as responsible for a deal not being agreed as SISU?

This is assuming the accounts can't be done unless a deal on the stadium is agreed.
WHAT???? Are you really suggesting that the fact that no deal has been done on the stadium has impacted on the failure to file accounts? What the hell does that have to do with the figures on last years trading?

SkyBlue_Bear83

WHAT???? Are you really suggesting that the fact that no deal has been done on the stadium has impacted on the failure to file accounts? What the hell does that have to do with the figures on last years trading?
I dunno, I thought I remembered Fisher an Waggott kept banging on in the summer how the accounts couldn't be signed off until a deal had been agreed.

From memory, the budgets for the next year had to be set and signed off before the accounts could be submitted or something and they couldn't set the budgets without an agreement on the rent.

ryb1983ccfc

Yeh maybe not the first board but definatly the most regular! Why are we putting up with such bad financial management at our club? Really amazes me that people do not see us going into an embargo again as nothing less than ridiculous! a company of that size you would have thought would have there house in order especially when they claim to be the victim in an on going rental dispute,this would then at least show that they are a professional outfit capable if running a much loved club correctly!

Colonel Mustard

Yeh maybe not the first board but definatly the most regular! Why are we putting up with such bad financial management at our club? Really amazes me that people do not see us going into an embargo again as nothing less than ridiculous!

I just don't see it as a big deal. Type 'transfer embargo' into Google and you will see how many clubs have/had one. It is practically becoming standard practice. The squad we have is very able as it is, the transfer deadline is in just a few weeks anyhow. It is not ideal, but at least the club continues to chug along with some things to shout about this season.

torchomatic

Agree, Col. No, of course it's not ideal to have an embargo, but really the squad we have should be more than capable of getting into a play-off berth. Though obviously more fire power would have been welcome. But well, at...8pm...it doesn't look like it'll happen though we still have four hours. I don't know the embargo rules. I presume loans (even emergency ones) are out of the question while under one?

ryb1983ccfc

Not going to have anything to shout about mustard if there is no striker to replace Elliot! And don't say Cody coz lets be fair he doesn't want to be here! Sorry did I say mustard............i meant joy!

Tonylinc

I dunno, I thought I remembered Fisher an Waggott kept banging on in the summer how the accounts couldn't be signed off until a deal had been agreed.

From memory, the budgets for the next year had to be set and signed off before the accounts could be submitted or something and they couldn't set the budgets without an agreement on the rent.
If that was the case (and I cannot now recall) then that would only be a reason for not submitting the accounts if they thought that any reduction would be back dated.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Are we the first club to be able to boast the Holy Trinity of debt order, winding up order and transfer embargo all at once?

There you go. Jimmy Hill's pioneering spirit still prevails!

Users who are viewing this thread